netsmithUK

Holiday Buggy Rerelease In July

Out of interest, is anyone on here ebay seller "mistral7777"? That guy has been offloading Holiday Buggy bits well before the re-release story hit this place, including a mint original kit box that sold for £27. Wonder if he has inside information too?

the holiday buggy body was notoriously awkward to paint. like trying to paint a bar of soap

I don't even really understand what that means, but it made me laugh at work anyway...

Like trying to drink tea from a chocolate teacup? Just a difficult thing B)

He sold a bunch of Sand Scorcher stuff as well, I reckon he was just offloading his toys.

Paul.

I don't even really understand what that means, but it made me laugh at work anyway...

I think he means that the PolyEthene body of the original Holiday Buggy is a slippery / waxy plastic where the paint won't adhere properly unless you use abrasives on the surface first to give the paint something to 'grip' onto.

Cheers,

Alistair G.

anyone got anymore details, cant find any mention of it anywhere but here, tamiya has no details nor any of the hong kong retailers.

i am starting to get an itchy beard

So your doing the "Back the Beard for England" too lol, you an me both, im kinda wishing we go out so I can have shave lol (not really).

Or is it itchy as you suspect the re-re HB to be a fake

Ah, I heard about rere rumors a while back and after looking over the holiday buggy and sand rover, am very disappointed that Tamiya decided to go with these as their next rere's. Not only are they just not that good looking, but the boxes aren't true to the originals, so a big miss on Tamiya's part. I do however eagerly await the rere of the Wild One and FAV. Would definitely get both. As for an Avante or Egress rere, that seems a bit farfetched, although probably very welcome for many of us here.

I'm fairly excited about this. I really like the looks myself with the rear louvres and side jerry cans. Looks a great scale runner :D I've never owned the original but I'll be picking this up.

Ah, I heard about rere rumors a while back and after looking over the holiday buggy and sand rover, am very disappointed that Tamiya decided to go with these as their next rere's. Not only are they just not that good looking, but the boxes aren't true to the originals, so a big miss on Tamiya's part. I do however eagerly await the rere of the Wild One and FAV. Would definitely get both. As for an Avante or Egress rere, that seems a bit farfetched, although probably very welcome for many of us here.

im with you on the wild one and fav, that would be great, the holiday buggy on the other hand i would still buy one, as i had one as a kid.

All I can say is I go this from a hong kong supplier, who over a series of emails confirmed they had already 'placed an order' for the items from Tamiya. I've got no reason to doubt them, they've not hoaxed before as far as I know. Just reread what I was sent (a copy of an email) and it all looks legit, it even went into details about various health and safety standards. One correction to my earlier dates - production starts in July for a for release in early august.

The only thing that occurs to me is perhaps Tamiya have planted different information with suppliers to see if any of them are leaking stuff early, in which case they will have got them bang to rights (hope thats not the case, but I did get permission from the supplier to make the post first)

Chris.

One thing I find odd is that Tamiya doesn't have it on their site as a coming soon item. We've known about the TRF201 and the new Mchassis for quite some time. As it's June now and the expected release is July, doesn't anyone else find that strange?

I do, but I lost credibility when I said (as others did) way before the SRB re issues that they would never re issue the SRBs as it would be costly as they didn't have all the moulds. As it turned out, we were part right, they didn't have the moulds, hence the Scorcher body is actually a Blitzer/Monster Beetle one and almost all the metal parts have been recast, but they still re issued it anyway :)

Also from the point of view of desirability. It really doesn't strike me as a car they would want to bring back in 2010, but Chris has made it clear he is not hoaxing (this time lol!) and that he has this from a good source.

I wait with baited breath!

Paul.

The only thing that occurs to me is perhaps Tamiya have planted different information with suppliers to see if any of them are leaking stuff early, in which case they will have got them bang to rights (hope thats not the case, but I did get permission from the supplier to make the post first)

Chris.

But why would Tamiya be upset it's not that their competitors will react to such information like they might in other industries such as computing and the like. Tamiya probably even start the rumours - just think of how much free publicity this generates for them.

I hope it isn't a rumour also :)

It isn't good business practice to show your hand.

Paul.

It isn't good business practice to show your hand.

Paul.

I would say it depends on what business sector you work in; for some I agree never release information until the product is on the shelf, but others such as an 80's (or is it 70's) radio controlled car (especially at these times where marketing budgets are being cut) a good viral marketing campaign will help sell your product for free. These supposed leaks could be part of Tamiya's product launch plan. It's all pure speculation on my part, but leaks of information like this aren't going to affect negatively on Tamiya are they?

:P

buy news getting leaked out about the HB...is great i think..now i can start saving earlier and get one before they are discountined....where's that JAnderson when you need him?

:P

I think it is negative if they have re issue SRBs on the shelves.

Paul.

Some more info, not sure if the source is reliable:

-This is a 1/10 R/C assembly kit of the special edition Holiday Buggy.

-This item meets ROHS regulations.

-Features the same ribbed front and spike rear tires as the original.

-Newly designed full-body sticker sheet included.

-Blue colored durable polyethylene (PE) body included.

-Comes mounted on the excellent handling 2WD DT-02 chassis.

-Driver figure included.

That's me off the buying list.

DT02 chassis is too far away from the original for me.

And the stance, yiark...

Bit of an Avante mkII tepid release.

And it looks horrible... (sorry) This is supposedly a prototype, though...

B)

Yes, if that is the car, it would be a shocker alright. The HB was never the prettiest thing, looking as it does like some weird blend of vintage cars and buggies. But slapping it on a modern chassis (if that's what they're doing) makes this even worse - like one of the oddest contraptions Tamiya has come up with. It will displease vintage fans, and bore modern fans.

H.