netsmithUK

Holiday Buggy Rerelease In July

Oh, Lord! Ouch, my eyes!

I can't imagine who is going to buy this car. Nostalgic people will be turned off because it's not the original chassis, and newer customers won't buy it because... Well, just LOOK at it! It's hideous!

And the DT02 isn't the best chassis anyway. Yes, it's a lot better than the original, but by today's standards it's still not that great. At leat the original chassis was interesting due to its vintage nostalgia appeal.

They'll sell a lot of bodysets and wheels, and that's about it. I can see almost all of these kits being broken up for the body parts, and the rest of the DT02 parts flogged as cheap spares.

What a disappointment. :)

- James

This car has already been condemned from some shady pics that don't depict the finished product

May be safe to reserve judgement until there are some better pics

Hopefully it will look like a holiday buggy, but with double wishbone suspension

Then we can debate how ugly double wishbone suspension is. Unless we are saying the body is ugly?

Still looking forward to this one personally. I guess I just like them all!

Tamiya can always shorten the wishbones to make the front and rear track more correct for the body I suppose...

Cheers,

ARG

All you have to do is do like mr.retreader did

and mount a rough rider body on there

and everything will be fine. :)

I can"t believe after coming out with

buggy champ and s.s. how this could be possable.

(BC + SS not perfect but fairly decent.)

I don't mind the chassis I kind of like the idea,

(modern chassis/retro body.)

maybe they'll make caps that goes over the holes

in the body or shorten the shocks and towers.

(holes in body look hidious.)

I don't think they'll sell that many bodies cause

it wasn't that great to begin with.

If they did shorten the suppension arms

that would open up the chassis for 2wd

rally bodies(might not be bad idea.)

not sure about wheelbase though.

I think I'll wait for the sand rover,

mount it on a trf201 and take it to the track.

just to see the look on peoples faces.

(of course that 'll probley have holes too,

but they won't notice them when I go

blowin' past them at high rate of speed.)

skip

should have mounted it on a fox chassis and that would

eliminate the shock problem,and still would have a very good chassis

and could come out with the fox at the same time.(just wishful thinking)

skip

When my project Wild One arrived it had a HB body on it!

wild.jpg

Seriously, I will buy a pair of them.

One to build, run and point and laugh at, and one to keep NIB. Seriously, the way only 2 people out of 8 pages didn't disowned it, it will be rare pretty soon :):D:lol:

are people really under the impression that those 2 questionable pictures are shots of the HB 2010's box art?

and that is what it's gonna look like?

the car in those pics is a minger - no question.

but with Tamiya's record of modelling excellance would they really release it with holes in the bonnet?

and as mentioned before (over and over) it will not have those yellow wheels on it - it is supposed to have original HB wheels.

if they actually release it with holes in the bonnet, and yellow wheels, and as it is in those pictures then i too will hop on the "oooh it's ugly" bandwagon

but i have faith that they will make it look good. or as good as any holiday buggy body based buggy (phew!) could look!

on the whole Tamiya tend to release nice looking stuff.

OK, serious hat on. I am kind of onboard with 30cm.

I think it's a mock up by somebody just to get a bite, and that they did. The front clip holes could of been easily photoshopped out. I can't remember a time Tamiya has leaked photos like that. They have either been preceded with a covered model or a silhouette.

If that is how it will be, I'll still buy one for freakshow value :lol:

:)Oh, did anyone else notice the rear tyres are shredded and the rims full of rubber dust? Factory spy photo, my extremely fat ******* :P:D :D

Tamiya WILL get it looking spot on for its release and t.c members will still be upset as its not on the correct chassis.

I think Im the only person who is really excited over this this release, cant wait to get mine.

A great fusion of new and old

Tamiya WILL get it looking spot on for its release and t.c members will still be upset as its not on the correct chassis.

I think Im the only person who is really excited over this this release, cant wait to get mine.

A great fusion of new and old

If it has the exact same stance as the original then it wont put me off. At the moment it looks like it is on stilts. :)

Wow - just like the old days. Leave a thread for a couple of days and come back to find its 3 times longer. Only really checked to see if it had been exposed as a hoax. Having seen it I think I would have preferred the story to be a hoax. :)

Fingers crossed the final kit looks a bit better than that. The stance looks all wrong, like some stuck an old body on a new chassis and are still working out how to make it fit.

Anyway, glad I didn't get it completely wrong.

The pictures do look a bit odd to me. I've got a body just like one with holes in the same place. Bought it years ago and it came on a sand scorcher chassis. The holes allowed the shocks to stick through. I might dig it up tonight - its been a few years since I've been in my loft!

Sorry not had chance to read the whole thread but have these pictures been linked to any tamiya official source yet? I accept that the TamiyaUSA confirms its on its way but the images don't feel right to me.

The front screw holes for the body mount clip are still there - you can make them out in both photos.

I'm thinking it cant be for real, they wouldn't let photos out of anything this ghastly

This is just a great thread!

So much passion, in every direction, but still "Tamiya Passion"! ;)

-Lars

Its all good!

If this new HB is a pup then it will be a fun challenge to make it look nice!

Its all good!

If this new HB is a pup then it will be a fun challenge to make it look nice!

As mentioned before.. (an others have) thats not a proper Tamiya pic so its safe to assume its fake.

7800 yen is cheap.. thats like £50!

If this is really it, Tamiya really screwed up this one... Let's hope and assume it's a fake, and just try to forget this picture.

If Tamiya would want to re-release the holiday buggy on a different chassis, they may well want to do it on the ORV chassis instead of the DT02 chassis, or am I wrong about this?

If Tamiya would want to re-release the holiday buggy on a different chassis, they may well want to do it on the ORV chassis instead of the DT02 chassis, or am I wrong about this?

not sure the hb body would sit right on an ORV chassis!

can someone try it?

hey then post the pics on rc-plus.net

get our own back ;)

I was never a fan of how the HB looked, and I wish that Tamiya introduced the Sand Rover instead. Still, I have much love for the original chassis, faults and all. I figured all Tamiya really needed to do is make some clear Lexan gear cover for the transmission and away we go bashing at the beach. At first, I HATED the fact that the HB would be based off a DT-02 chassis. But then the more I thought about it, the more it made sense performance-wise. This is an HB for the newer generation! I still hate the cut-outs on the body, and hope Tamiya will come out with a more elegant solution (shorter front shock tower with on-road mini CVA dampers for example).

This leads me to a second point. The fact that the HB is returning on a pre-existing platform may offer Tamiya the financial and time flexibility to introduce a proper, and more complicated, rere later on. Something along the lines of a 959 or Avante.

not sure the hb body would sit right on an ORV chassis!

can someone try it?

hey then post the pics on rc-plus.net

get our own back ;)

I don't know the width of the ORV chassis, but I think the main concern would be the ORV's height, looking at how low the HB is - although I think one can't really make it worse by moving it onto the ORV chassis, as it at least fits more into the era when the body was originally made ;)

Wild One on a DT02 chassis? I'd almost expect seeing it after what they have done to the HB. I wouldn't buy a FAV or Wild One that was built like that. I want a scale model with scale handling... just like the original.

I wouldn't buy one like that either. I'd want an original.

Who knows what goes through Tamiya's head. They gave us the SRB, ORV, Hotshot etc chassis' back in 98% original condition. Holiday buggy unfortunately did not make it. Maybe because it was too primitive? I do remember the Holiday buggy rear tyres were the tyre to have.. so I guess those aren't coming back out either.

If the FAV and Wildone do come out, I am confident they would be original. I've really taken a liking to the wild one.. oddly enough when I was a kid, I did not even know it existed.. strange because it was out at the same time as the SRB and ORV.

Whilst I've enjoyed Tamiyas re-re's in the past, I am a little concerned that the big T isn't really coming up with anything new, just rehashing old cash cows to a willing market. This mock up of the HB really is the "pinnacle", for want of a better word of that. Sure, I've never been a fan of the original HBs looks (nor the SR's come to that), but that really does look nasty.

I do remember the Holiday buggy rear tyres were the tyre to have.. so I guess those aren't coming back out either.

Actually from the information we have in this thread, it appears that HB is going to have the original wheels and tires. The wheels/tires in the photo are apparently not what it will come with.

Everyone needs to keep in mind that photo does not represent the final product.

I expect that the final shell definitely won't have those ugly holes in the front. the final version will more likely have a redesigned suspension package with shorter arms and less travel with smaller shock towers to fit under the shell and give it a more correct 'stance'. It could even have a set of alternative parts with trailing arms instead of the wishbones. Even more cool, it might even have IFS, with the shocks hidden under the shell (although for the suggested price, I doubt it). Worst case will be they redesign the bonnet to add clearance for the existing shock towers so the shell isn't the same as the original, eg add bulges.

If the FAV and Wildone do come out, I am confident they would be original. I've really taken a liking to the wild one.. oddly enough when I was a kid, I did not even know it existed.. strange because it was out at the same time as the SRB and ORV.

Wild One is a great looking buggy, one of the last 'realistic' looking buggies. If they re-released that, I'd buy one for sure. The Wild One, The Fox, 959, Terra Scorcher, Can-Am Lola RM MK1, Avante and Egress are about the only Tamiya kits remaining that I'd still like to see re-released.

- James