netsmithUK

Holiday Buggy Rerelease In July

So then - I have pre-ordered my HB 2010 - what hop-ups should I be getting for its DT-02 chassis then? :lol:

spare body

take a look at the Rising Fighter...its an entry level kit.its classed as a DT01...its got more GrasshopperII and Super Hornet parts on it than any other DT01..its got a paintable hard shell.

its got a driver figure..its cheap.

as far as i can see the shell has been (so far) exclusively made (mould cost etc) yet its not labeled as a Mega Hornet or GH3? its a Rising Fighter..the box has a photo not artwork.

so Tamiya have a fairly new model that sums up the sales pitch that the HB2010 has? but it went nowhere near the re-re route.

as far as i can see there was no need to reintroduce the front suspension arms from the GH2..the re-re Grasshopper and Hornet have different ones ,yet heres more parts that required remaking?

if you consider the above...then the big picture looks like the re-re section is being mis used.

yawn.gif

lol seriously though

bearings and a faster motor would be a good start!

then maybe oil shocks

the body is flimsy though

i think what this car will need is some sort of roll cage . . . .

if you consider the above...then the big picture looks like the re-re section is being mis used.

i think the rere "section" is something tamiya can use as they see fit!

i also think the holiday buggy 2010 is named that, because it has a holiday buggy shell. in this case the car has taken it's name from the distinctive body shell used. usually a different shell warrants a different name - but sometimes a different name comes from a different chassis (see mad bull).

lol seriously though

bearings and a faster motor would be a good start!

then maybe oil shocks

the body is flimsy though

i think what this car will need is some sort of roll cage . . . .

i think the rere "section" is something tamiya can use as they see fit!

i also think the holiday buggy 2010 is named that, because it has a holiday buggy shell. in this case the car has taken it's name from the distinctive body shell used. usually a different shell warrants a different name - but sometimes a different name comes from a different chassis (see mad bull).

Hehe ;)

I was just trying to get some positivity going in this thread! :lol:

It will be built with bearings but I will be keeping the 380 motor for now - I also think that black oil shocks will spoil the looks (! :lol: )

I will be careful about rolling it over - hopefully the slow 380 motor and wide track will be on my side there...

Hehe ;)

I was just trying to get some positivity going in this thread! :lol:

It will be built with bearings but I will be keeping the 380 motor for now - I also think that black oil shocks will spoil the looks (! :lol: )

I will be careful about rolling it over - hopefully the slow 380 motor and wide track will be on my side there...

the 380 motor isn't actually as bad as you think

sure it isn't fast, but I built a grasshopper for my daughter (when she was 6) and that was all stock, with bearings and the 380, and it went surprisingly well.

mega battery life too!

i know fast is fun, but it doesn't have to be fast to be fun!

as for shocks, with it being the dt02 chassis there is a wealth of pretty alloy options you could go for.

Well my lad is only 5 months so I am probably getting a little ahead of myself :lol:

Still - I now have a Tamiya pistol grip controller so we will give it a go together :lol:

I laughed out loud with that one :lol:

Yep, gonna need a couple of them !!

ARG

Back in the day we used to put a rod through the driver plate to teh roof. Made the front struts carry the load.

All this reference to the GH / DT01 etc is mute. They are very poor chassis. They were poor even back then. The HB2010 has a nice chassis and its also tuneable. Bearings, 540 motor and oil shocks, all cheap and then you will have a beginner level club car..

I do find it funny how people ignore the Mingers that Tamiya made in the first 100 just because they are vintage (btw I think this new car is in no way a minger).. a pigs a pig and they are old pigs. Infact they are bad handling old pigs.

Back in the day we used to put a rod through the driver plate to teh roof. Made the front struts carry the load.

I wonder if 1/16 or 3/32 steel rod / Welding Rod bent into a U shape (to go around the front pillars and across the roof at the front just under it) and somehow attached to the chassis or rest of the body would help prevent the roof caving in on a roll over. Might be an idea.

Cheers,

Alistair G.

So then - I have pre-ordered my HB 2010 - what hop-ups should I be getting for its DT-02 chassis then? :D

I'll be going for a full bearing set & a 6000kv EZRUN brushless.

.... and maybe some oil shocks if I've got some that fit :D

Edit - yes, I can say "convertible" ;)

If anyone cares, I've been keeping track of Holiday Buggy & Sand Rover sales on eBay UK ever since I hypothesised that they could becomed the "Next SRB" (i.e. a few years of ever rising prices, followed by a faithful re-release) back in May ...

Based on 10 sales of each (I thought the Sand Rover was supposed to be much rarer than the Holiday Buggy?), prices don't seem to have been affected at all by news of the HB2010, staying remarkable even at an average £82 for the Holiday Buggy, and £155 (both including postage) for the Sand Rover.

Dull, huh? :D

I wonder if 1/16 or 3/32 steel rod / Welding Rod bent into a U shape (to go around the front pillars and across the roof at the front just under it) and somehow attached to the chassis or rest of the body would help prevent the roof caving in on a roll over. Might be an idea.

Cheers,

Alistair G.

i was thinking along the lines of brake pipe material. i think it would be stiff enough!

buy a Super Fighter G...then you only need oil shocks and bearings to get a club car....oh wait no-one did! maybe Tamiya should have called the Fighter G the Super Champ?

The HB2010 is a good little car at the right price..no argument there...it aint a re-re so why sell it as one..better still why set an example of re-re models then totaly dismiss your own standards just to shift DT02 chassis?

like i say i aint got any prob with the model..its the concept that is all wrong

I know its beautiful isn't it at least its in the 100 and not some half hearted sad attempt at a re re .

Thanks for the kind words on the hilux I knew I made the right descion its a true work of art ,but then again beauty is in the eye of the beholder .

Youngsters can't build things today they have lost the knack and they don't much care either they prefer RTR rubbish,ipods,phones,social networking give a kid a meccanno set and they will just look at you like your some idiot tell them they will need a screwdriver to assemble it and automatically the word gets broken up...... sc r e w dr i v er ....... because they have no idea what one is ,thats generation "Y" as in "why me" "poor me".

Its whatever floats your boat some people like the new Holiday Buggy and some dont .

I wasn't actually stating that your new Hilux is a poor car, but rather trying to draw attention to how contradictory your position is with regard to the Holiday Buggy. You've just plumped for a car that has huge flourescent wheels, outlandish tyres and a very wide track plus a body that does not really look too comfortable on it's chassis. Yet simply because that car was one of the first 100 kits it somehow has credibility whilst the new Holiday Buggy, a car that has very similar characteristics, albeit to a significantly lesser degree is considered by you to be rubbish. I suggest you are blinkered by the fact that the Hilux is vintage and the Holiday Buggy is not, and what's more, if the new Holiday Buggy had actually been around as part of the first 100 you would infact be raving about it. Your letting the fact that you are upset that the HB2010 is merely a tribute car and not a re-release cloud your judgement.

Also if you are so upset about the attitudes of today's kids then why on earth are you criticising Tamiya for trying to encourage those kids to develop the technical skills that we did? Like I say....contradictory.

The HB2010 is a good little car at the right price..no argument there...it aint a re-re so why sell it as one....

Show me some evidence where they have marketed this car as a re-release.

Show me some evidence where they have marketed this car as a re-release.

its called the holiday buggy

i was thinking along the lines of brake pipe material. i think it would be stiff enough!

..and you can easily solder the joints...

its called the holiday buggy

The Avante 2001 and the Avante DF-03 were called, erm....The Avante. Did they market those as a re-release too?

Volkswagen have made six different cars with the name "Golf". Did they market them as being the exact same identical car?

Are you saying Tamiya are not entitled to do something similar and bring out a Mk2 Holiday Buggy, where the specification has been improved?

The Avante 2001 and the Avante DF-03 were called, erm....The Avante. Did they market those as a re-release too?

Volkswagen have made six different cars with the name "Golf". Did they market them as being the exact same identical car?

Are you saying Tamiya are not entitled to do something similar and bring out a Mk2 Holiday Buggy, where the specification has been improved?

the avante was named 2001,the mkII was named the MKII due to the mini jr battery thingy.

the HB2010 is even marked on the box art box as the holiday buggy..no mk2 no addition no supplement..bang on holiday buggy.any Tamiya buggy today is done in a coloured box with a photo..the re-re are all white an artwork just like the orig.

even by Tamiya's standards there has been Super Clod,GH2,Super Hornet etc why say its a Holiday Buggy when its not?

come to think of it there has been a zillion Blackfoots..each an incarnation of improvement...none have just the Blackfoot in there title super,king,extreme etc were all added to differentiate the models..no such alteration on the HB,thats why its wrong.all the other title carrying models have been at least similar. sponsorship aside ,a Hornet is a Hornet..Top Force is literally identical.then we get a Holiday Buggy thats a Holiday Buggy MKII (at best) but bold as brass its called the original name?

the HB2010 is even marked on the box art box as the holiday buggy..no mk2 no addition no supplement..bang on holiday buggy.done in a coloured box with a photo..the re-re are all white an artwork just like the orig.

Incorrect mate. It is clearly labelled as the Holiday Buggy 2010. Take another look at the box art.

Also, when was the rule created that all non re-releases must not be able to have box art?

My advice is to stop thinking glass half empty and start thinking glass half full. Does seeing that box art once more on a shiny brand new box not give you at least a little bit of joy?

1-1.jpg

when i see a DT02 Wild One in its pretty box ill laugh my bum off, my buggy champ says 2009 and my scorcher 2010..neither are dt02 based?

am i alone in thinking that Tamiya have made there own fans question the re-re or re incarnation strategy all for the sake of a 55 quid car? :D

am i alone in thinking that Tamiya have made there own fans question the re-re or re incarnation strategy all for the sake of a 55 quid car? :D

I think I can say with 99.9% certainty you are. Take a chill pill, dude. :D