netsmithUK

Holiday Buggy Rerelease In July

enjoy your racing Projectzip!

I shall try! pity im not the driver just the Race Engineer.

Pics next week. If I dont do it PM me and remind me.

Resistance is futile.

Brilliant. You know, I'm even starting to think it really suits the yellow wheels. Talk about a total conversion. :)

Brilliant. You know, I'm even starting to think it really suits the yellow wheels. Talk about a total conversion. :)

Yellow wheels have always suited the HB as I mentioned earlier in the thread it was the colour of choice for us groovy young things way back when :lol:

I just hope they would turn up already in the uk

Jason has bodyshells available now for $16....seems to be without driver etc. Let the Mk1 restorations commence. :lol:

Anyone managed to find the pdf manual for the HB?

Tried other tyres on the rear wheels? Are the rear wheels/rims 60mm? I think that is the standard size for Tamiya 2WD wheels if I am not wrong?

Someone should just come out with a standard isn't it? 4WD seems to use 62mm. Though on the other hand, I think most tyres can be stretched or glued to fit most rims ... I think ...

Just wanted to share that I bought an HB2010 and I'm really happy with it. It's for me a perfect balance between fun & performance with a different look.

I've put a sport tuned and full ball bearings and I must say it runs very well (as you can see in the video below).

The only things I'm not fan of are the wheels' yellow and the body's blue. I'm working on changing thoses.

All details and additional shots can be found in this (french) post: http://www.vintage-rc.org/forum/viewtopic....f=54&t=9938

For the price, I highly recommend it.

Here's a video of my first run:

Just wanted to share that I bought an HB2010 and I'm really happy with it. It's for me a perfect balance between fun & performance with a different look.

I've put a sport tuned and full ball bearings and I must say it runs very well (as you can see in the video below).

The only things I'm not fan of are the wheels' yellow and the body's blue. I'm working on changing thoses.

All details and additional shots can be found in this (french) post: http://www.vintage-rc.org/forum/viewtopic....f=54&t=9938

For the price, I highly recommend it.

Here's a video of my first run:

You can get the wheels from the Desert Gator and boil it with some blue textile color...

dsc01743x.th.jpg

Holiday Buggy Build Updated!

http://www.tamiyausa.com/articles/feature.php?article-id=475

Body is completed, just a few things left to do

So far:

540 motor - Completed

Drop the front shock height - Completed

Add oil shocks - Completed

Fill holes in body - Completed

Paint body - Completed

Make stock lights functional - Completed

Enjoy!!!

Wow, your prep really rocks!

Does the paint hold well / is durable with the method & products you've used?

And we definitely need night photos with lights on :lol:

Wow, your prep really rocks!

Does the paint hold well / is durable with the method & products you've used?

And we definitely need night photos with lights on :lol:

As long as you prep it good, it seems to hold well. I will get some night shots soon.

Prep. Thats propably where I screwed up along with not having polyethylene special paints.

Here's mine (that I like if I don't look in the details).

ANd it's not finished yet (still have to do the lights and the fact that the painting doesn't hold doesn't engage me in finishing).

img0164p.jpg

imgp0358.jpg

Prep. Thats propably where I screwed up along with not having polyethylene special paints.

Here's mine (that I like if I don't look in the details).

img0164p.jpg

imgp0358.jpg

Thats great! although the yellow wheels look a little jarring against the main shell.

As to paint, I have used Acrylic motor paints on my HB shell and they have remained rock solid and never flaked. You just need to give the shell a sand before you paint it.

You're right, I also have to change the weels to grey, finish the driver and so on :lol:

I also have sanded (260, maybe too big) the body and put a primer on it.

Can someone confirm this for me please as from reading the above I am slightly confused (as usual!)...

Does polyethylene body mean you can not use the usual TS hard body paints such as on the clod buster shell?

Can someone confirm this for me please as from reading the above I am slightly confused (as usual!)...

Does polyethylene body mean you can not use the usual TS hard body paints such as on the clod buster shell?

That is correct, if you read my build article, I explain all of that.

UK stock has arrived at the importers and will be delivered to model shops Tuesday / Wednesday this week.

Nice. Are you going to have a busy time sending many out?

Yep - busy week, lots of interest in this one after a slow start!

Cool. I look forward to receiving mine from you hopefully by this weekend. ;)

I just picked up a re-re HB body in blue (not the red one) from jadlamracingmodels.com for 16 GBP, using my 10 per cent discount (because I previously got a Lunchbox body from their Ebay store) and then got some "Mr Sticky's Poly-Bonder Polyethylene Polypropylene HDPE Plastics Adhesive Glue" from Ebay for 10 GBP, and I am going to attempt the filling of the holes in the HB shell ;-

http://www.tamiyausa...?article-id=475

(scroll down)

Apparently this stuff is the same as Tap Plastics Poly-Weld (Tap plastics also sell the Mr.Sticky's brand).

Unfortunately it WILL need flame treating. So I am buying the mini-butane torch as recommended by a person who was trying to repair a 1 inch crack in a water tank of HDPE (High Density PE) (the HB body is PolyEthylene / PolyEthene, you can't glue to it with any other adhesive than a HDPE glue AND it the surface needs treating with flame's plasma before use of the glue), the torch being a "Butane Pencil Torch Harbor Freight Item # 41169", well actually I'll be buying an equivalent since I am in UK. Also, any pencil torch that I get will need a "Flame Spreader" attachment so that it doesn't melt the surface, just "flame treat" it instead. Don't know if the Harbour Freight one has that as an option.

Edit: solved the flame treatment issue, see ;-

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=59593

Cheers,

Alistair G.

I thought it was just the tabloid press here that made stuff up :lol:

img192_05022003180255_1.jpg

img192_05022003180524_1.jpg

img5487_01092007135504_2.jpg

img20032_29122009111621_1.jpg

That is a FANTASTIC group of custom-painted Holiday Buggies!!