netsmithUK

Holiday Buggy Rerelease In July

No reason to think Tamiya are listening to us ,even worse...they might listen to the sales figures this little buggy might pull.

If that was the case and it flopped....surely that would be the re-re's programs death rattle?

***edit,scrap that idea..im sure they wont loose out on all the R+D clearly shown in this model****

"Tamiya have pretty much lost their way in my opinion over the past 18 months, with very little beginner product on the market at a sensible price, and seemed to be banking on the reissues to keep things going.

But of all the mistakes, this one, sorry, it's unbelieveably bad."

Well if they are banking on the re-re's bringing lots of revenue, they are surely in for a surprise with this one... Maybe its the pic, but the stance, out the box is ridiculous...

UK RRP incidentally is £85.

wow that is cheap.

i am sure Tamiya will shift enough of these units to make it worthwhile for them. especially at that price.

...If that was the case and it flopped....surely that would be the re-re's programs death rattle?

Dunno, hopefully they'll get to compare the sales of a pukka rere against the Brokeback Buggy and realise 'authentic' might be better than ka-ching

I really can't think of a body more mismatched to a chassis - even the uggo cars that always get slated as soon as anyone mentions ugly (Striker, Sonic Fighter etc.) did at least suit the chassis they were on - I reckon someone ordered the wrong part number, 10,000 Holiday Buggy shells were made, and it's now the ex-buyer's job to shift them :lol:

When you see Kyosho bring out summat like this, you gotta wonder what the Tamiya 'boffins' are working on apart from yet another M chassis :)

post-1185-1278517297_thumb.jpg

£85 cheap?...add £20...get a Desert Gator..CVA's ,ballbearings,Metal drive shafts,wheel axles.....shell that fits.....

i think someone is havin a laff...not a funny laff either :lol:

UK RRP incidentally is £85.

(I assume that is with the TEU104 in the box)

Yes cheap, but to be honest, I don't think cheap enough...

Also with all the mods to get it half decent, you could easily double that.... and more

Sorry to be a bore and go on, but I'm so disappointed, for me its personal reasons and Tamiya are never going to give a monkeys about individuals... I'll just have to find other ways of remembering, mortgage and kid free life.... Surely I'm too old for lego.....!!!

Dunno, hopefully they'll get to compare the sales of a pukka rere against the Brokeback Buggy and realise 'authentic' might be better than ka-ching

I really can't think of a body more mismatched to a chassis - even the uggo cars that always get slated as soon as anyone mentions ugly (Striker, Sonic Fighter etc.) did at least suit the chassis they were on - I reckon someone ordered the wrong part number, 10,000 Holiday Buggy shells were made, and it's now the ex-buyer's job to shift them :lol:

When you see Kyosho bring out summat like this, you gotta wonder what the Tamiya 'boffins' are working on apart from yet another M chassis :)

Thats a bit tasty, any more details... I can't read the Japanese!!

£85 cheap?...add £20...get a Desert Gator..CVA's ,ballbearings,Metal drive shafts,wheel axles.....shell that fits.....

i think someone is havin a laff...not a funny laff either :lol:

that is the UK RRP don't forget :)

it's cheap for a tamiya.

Yes cheap, but to be honest, I don't think cheap enough...

It's the Super Fighter G (58340) with a body swap - that's where those wheels come from, and it's the basic basic version of the DT02 with the fixed steering links and friction shocks, it's been off the market for a couple of years - because the **** thing didn't sell! It was cheaper than £85 too, I think about £65 was the going rate.

OK in today's prices / exchange rate etc £85 is relatively cheap so yes they will sell a fair number this autumn but to be honest, they would make more money and more sales by simply reissuing the Mad Bull (or for that matter, the Fighter Buggy... or even better the Grasshopper II) and there wouldn't be any embarrassment in selling them.

Im in the Twilight zone now....

Kyosho done comp stuff back in the day.

Tamiya have had a good run at bringing back their cars from "back in the day"

But as of now.

I see a Kyosho that shouts TAMIYA

I see a Tamiya that shouts "help! someone ate a HB and a DT02 ..squatted over a TT01 box ..and pushed"

and to boot its a mere £20 cheaper than a Desert Gator (Wonderland Models) but without any ..(i cant even call them hop ups ,in this day and age.)

man im confused :lol:

I re-read your statement..... :) "BROKEBACK BUGGY!!!!" i can hardly see thru the tears of laughter to type this! ;)

imagine the "Beaties video" of this release....

The BrokeBack Buggy from Ta-mee-ah...a new concept for a mighty fine original...this new model will let you experience the feeling of being bu66ered cowboy once you hand over your cash! :D:lol:

I've just realised I can win the worst presented car at Snetterton this year, just present the re-re Holiday Buggy straight out the box..

Yup, I was quite proud of how bad my Optima looks ... but it's got nothing on the HB 2010.

(I'd probably get stoned whilst trying to collect the trophy)

Only the rocks that missed the car :lol:

That Kyosho is bee-yootiful.. even if it is RTR.

My birthday in a coupla weeks too.. was wondering what I was going to buy myself :lol:

It's the Super Fighter G (58340) with a body swap - that's where those wheels come from, and it's the basic basic version of the DT02 with the fixed steering links and friction shocks, it's been off the market for a couple of years - because the **** thing didn't sell! It was cheaper than £85 too, I think about £65 was the going rate.

OK in today's prices / exchange rate etc £85 is relatively cheap so yes they will sell a fair number this autumn but to be honest, they would make more money and more sales by simply reissuing the Mad Bull (or for that matter, the Fighter Buggy... or even better the Grasshopper II) and there wouldn't be any embarrassment in selling them.

My enthusiasm is beginning to wane after reading how basic the chassis is going to be.

If only more re-releases were like this Holiday Buggy, we'd all be a lot richer. :lol:

Dont know about richer....you seen that Kyosho 1/8 Ultima? boy thats more along the lines of a dune buggy aint it?

I think with brushless and lipo becoming more common,maybe its time the models themselves got beefier to suit the technology.

Maybe The WILD ONE will be done in 1/8!?.......................................maybe I'LL SQUAT OVER A TT01 box and see what comes out? :lol:

ok i was hoping that it would look alot better than the first pictures, but sadly not, just doesn't look right at all, those holes in thebody dont help, the friction shocks on the front look like there mounted upside down, i would struggle to spend money on that when there so much rc stuff out that i want.

I suspect now that this addition to the Tamiya stable will assist in rendering my collection incomplete.

Paul.

i have a new built neo falcon and new built striker here in my office. but i also have a new built dyna storm and a new built top force.

the dyna storm does have the edge on looks over the striker . . . . just :lol:

Crikey... I know taste is a personal thing, but the Striker and Neo Falcon can't hold a candle to the sleek Dyna Storm and Top Force. Are you a fan of the Nichimo Luminous, by chance?

LOL @ Brokeback Buggy and the sick bag! For some reason I remembered the line from Top Gear's American special: "Brokeback, Brokeback, this is Axe-Murderer..."

As this is clearly a beginner kit, the holes in the bonnet will certainly come pre-cut out.

But this release by Tamiya is certainly not unprecedented... They've released hard bodies on random chassis before with varying degrees of success. For example, the original Lancia 037 ORV was a hideous atrocity, with oversized wheel arches. So it's not dissimilar to this release. Still, it does have its fans. They did redeem themselves with the TA03 version of the 037 re-re though.

But then, take the Subaru Brat, which was an equally strange combination of shell and jacked up chassis, but in this case the combination worked for a lot of people. Same with the Monster Beetle, Lunchbox, and Midnight Pumpkin.

- James

But this release by Tamiya is certainly not unprecedented...

They've done far worse IMO:

49352SubaruWRC2004.jpg

Apparently they have a warehouse full of those wheels? B):lol:

They've done far worse IMO:

Apparently they have a warehouse full of those wheels? B):lol:

Oh, yes... That did look nasty. Not only is it yet another Impreza, the wheels looked totally wrong... That was a stop-gap measure by Tamiya to make a 'rally' car, shortly before they came up with the DF03-RA.

- James