netsmithUK

Holiday Buggy Rerelease In July

i thought the same in an earlier post,why didnt they do a shrunken shell on a tamtech gb02 chassis..or even and upscaled shell on something like that Kyosho UltimaDB?

You got to wonder?

Changing the size of the body would require an entirely new mould, which would be very expensive. They have just used the original moulds, and probably modified them to add the shock tower holes.

- J

Would have been good to see it on an ORV chassis, trailing arm rear end, tamtech vw front end, and an engine cage with SS exhaust?

They could have used buggy champ wheels, so at least we have opportunity to make it look half decent! Make the body in the usual ABS plastic and then we can paint/mod it.

Hey ho, i wont be buying it anyway unless it was £20...

so XB painted brokeback bobby?

They chose the HB to start a "family" series of simple fun cars? fair enough.

perhaps a re-re 380'ed "Mild One" is planned for the mums? and a pre-painted pink "Bratz Bruiser" for the girls? B)

The box is slightly larger than an M03-R box, comes with a pre-painted cowboy head and hat and pre-mounted tyres.

... It's starting to grow a little on me ... :lol:

Not for me. The Sand Rover would be better. Depending on how one paints the base of the driver, if in black, will look like BP just dumped a few barrels of oil in the cockpit. Should call it Hoiliday Buggy body re-release...

Not for me. The Sand Rover would be better. Depending on how one paints the base of the driver, if in black, will look like BP just dumped a few barrels of oil in the cockpit. Should call it Hoiliday Buggy body re-release...

The head is actually painted (ahem *badly*) exactly like it shows in the box art picture at the Tamiya site -- no eye detail etc. It says on the kit box that this is designed specifically for beginners to get into R/C.

With the 2 holes that need to be filled on the body, I don't think it really qualifies as a re-release. Tamiya might even do an XB version for this ... but I do agree that the Sand Rover is the better looking one.

The durable soft resin body features a pre-painted driver figure wearing a cowboy hat for enhanced realism.

Yeah, 'cause putting a cowboy hat on anything always enhances realism :lol:

I must admit I'm totally against this model, a new body would have been better, but all of a sudden its interesting..

RC CHAMP PRICE 5300 Yen (£39.97)

got to admit....this is a cool pic :lol:

hb20201.jpg

I'm actually looking forward to this new HB! I'll paint the rims another colour for sure!

got to admit....this is a cool pic :lol:

hb20201.jpg

Is it just me, or does the driver in that pic looked slightly, umm, miffed?

As in "They promised me a re-release, but all I got was this lousy DF02 chassis"

?

:D

I'm going to buy one. There is something sad and homely about this buggy, like the scraggly mutt at the pound, that just begs you to take it home. You know it's going to pee on the rug and chew up your slippers, but ... dang it, I just keep looking at it and wondering ....

A different set of wheels and this thing will look 100 times better. The holes in the body for the front shocks don't bother me in the slightest. I think there will be some great looking modded holiday buggies over the coming months here despite the fuss that's been kicked up over it. At less than 100 quid I'm definitely going to get one.

Ahh now I see why the wheels are yellow, it matches the color of sand. Doah. Took me a while to get it.

If the kit is 40 quid, the body set could be 10 or 15 quid? Which would be good (has anyone successfully filled holes in a HB PE shell?)

Is the body still going to be PolyEthene the same as the original? I see the spec. sheet says "soft resin" which implies it?

It's interesting how Tamiya have addressed the cheap buggy for beginners market problem with this release, but they forgot the other problem i.e. it ain't rugged. I'll have to buy like 7 or 8 shells just to keep replacing the body everytime it rolls and the roof caves in.

Cheers,

Alistair G.

I must admit I'm totally against this model, a new body would have been better, but all of a sudden its interesting..

RC CHAMP PRICE 5300 Yen (£39.97)

So, $60ish? OK, sign me up... it's still more interesting than any RTR.

I'll have to buy like 7 or 8 shells just to keep replacing the body everytime it rolls and the roof caves in.

Alistair, just don't roll it.... :lol:

Looks like Time Tunnel Models are the first UK retailer to come up with pre-order prices - £79 (+ £1 {I think} postage) with ESC, £64 + postage without an ESC, or £55 posted if you've spent over £200 with them in July/August.

Postage on pre-orders is usually a quid, but I can hapilly waive it if reminded. It's more to do with our diecast model sales that mean we have to charge something, rather than this sort of kit anyway.

the target age group for this car, is perhaps key to the reason lots of you guys don't like the holiday buggy :lol:

illustration.jpg

the target age group for this car, is perhaps key to the reason lots of you guys don't like the holiday buggy :lol:

I put this question to my 4 boys, ages 9 to 16. Showed them pictures of all of the DT02 range. Two chose Desert Gator and the other two chose Sand Viper. The resounding comment about the HB2010 was "What's with the 'olden day' car on a buggy chassis?" and some unmentionable comments about the cowboy driver (think brokeback mountain). Maybe my kids are not an accurate 'beginner' perspective having been playing with RC since they were about 5yr old.

I just hope they don't do the same thing to the Sand Rover or any of the other classics that may be inline for re-release (even though this in not strictly a re-re). I don't want a 'holey' Sand Rover body to try and fit onto a SRB chassis.