netsmithUK

Holiday Buggy Rerelease In July

im intruiged! ive had a rumage for parts to make my Holiday buggy take different wheels,so im interested in the carson qd ones.ive never seen one in the flesh.

ive got the parts to basicly make the dt02 chassis a 2wd version of a tl01la.im planning on fitting possibly padlatrack wheels and tyres from the Grasshopper/Sand Scorcher front and rear.

edit..forgot to say..ive got adapters that would allow old style wheels as long as the hex mounts onto a 2mm pin

That would look cool with padlatraks on it!

Carson car is C404007 its on loads of websites. I know someone who may have a few broken ones so I will investigate.

i stand corrected...i forgot my Super G has a smoke tinted see thru gearbox....noticed the DT02 XB's have the blue friction shocks too

the gearbox on my super g is not smoke tinited see through - just normal black

the gearbox on my super g is not smoke tinited see through - just normal black

its a weird one innit? ive seen that the dt02 A parts are listed as 9005783 (im assuming black in colour)

the Super Fighter G A parts are 9005778

the Super G i had was deff tinted see-thru.i thot it was kinda cool looking and perhaps exclusive to the Super G at the time.

i think Tamiya list the 778 parts as disc and use 783 instead?

Yes it does look promising does the kit come with the blanks to fill in the holes ?.

I wonder what the builder has in store covering those holes up like that and has sanded the body as well .....HMMM

Stuart.

Yes it does look promising does the kit come with the blanks to fill in the holes ?.

I wonder what the builder has in store covering those holes up like that and has sanded the body as well .....HMMM

Stuart.

Ive just had a look in our box, but cannot see any blanks so I would imagine he has made them from plasticard.

It looks like he will fit oil filled shocks that are slightly shorter and use the lower holes in the shock tower to hide the shocks from popping out of the body.

We plan to do a similar feature with motor then brushless etc etc.

I like the adjustable top arm idea!

No the kit does not come with blanks. Please remember this body is made of Polyethylene, so you can't just glue stuff to it. PE is very tough to do things to, that is why they use it for gas & milk containers, Dirt Bike fenders, etc...

This article will explain what and how it is done. Should have some more info posted up soon. Chassis was the easy build, body is taking way more time.

Stay tuned....

PE is very tough to do things to, that is why they use it for gas & milk containers, Dirt Bike fenders, etc...

Are you going to do a full how to paint it??

Im very intrigued to see that.

More shots of the front shock towers and body hole filling have been added.

A rather large dothing of the cap from across the pond to you sir!

B)

Lots of things irk me about modern life, one of them is straplines/taglines, you know, the phrase that accompanies a company logo, and is meant to encapsulate what it does ..

For example, Audi has "Progress Through Technology", TNT (couriers) has "Sure We Can" ... and of course Tamiya has "First In Quality Around The World".

I was just thinking about the HB re-re, and before that, the "new" 3-speeds, and was thinking that perhaps Tamiya needs a new tagline ... maybe ...

"Beating Your Cherished Childhood Memories With An Ugly Stick" ? ;)B)

Here are those Hex Adapters that I found on a Carson car.

Sorry for the terrible picture I cropped it down.

46135_10150237999950367_730075366_14281192_67766_n.jpg

img20032_29122009111621_1.jpg

That is a nice paint job ...

i have been reading his thread with much interest ... to start with ... i could not quite fathom why a lot of us here actually like this kit. but it is starting to grow on me ... opps ... initially i thought the bodyshell is not very nice with an ugly driver ... but ... he is starting to look pretty good ... constipated and all ... B)

this is definitely an occasion where this site has definitely influenced me on my perception towards a kit that i would have otherwise overlooked ... not to say that i have already bought it ... but d@#m close

if i go with my head ... i would get it straight away ... cheap :P ... quite a good design chassis for bashing ... parts should be plentiful ... my heart still needs to be convinced ... :)

so let see more colour schemes out there ...

Would it be heresy to mount the HB body on an AE RC10B4 running gear?

sounds like a plan

hope to see plenty of HB bodied beasties popping up over the coming years, with this influx of new shells.

i expect to see a lot of DT02 rollers on ebay too.

Would it be heresy to mount the HB body on an AE RC10B4 running gear?

I mounted my Lunchbox shell on my wheely king and I haven't gone to badword............YET

Here are those Hex Adapters that I found on a Carson car.

Sorry for the terrible picture I cropped it down.

46135_10150237999950367_730075366_14281192_67766_n.jpg

thanks for the photo,Projectzip! im unclear on how they work tho? im guessing that is a metal bushing but could be a ballbearing if you wanted.it slides onto the 2wd axle but im unsure how it would stay on? hard to describe..but if you put the normal nylock wheel nut on the end as norm would it still allow it to spin on the axle? white hex bearing each side...but the 4wd wheel wouldnt accomodate the wheel nut..the nut would fasten the wheel to the hex?leave the nut loose and the wheel would wobble? if that makes sense? :oB)

Resistance is futile.

what a cool video! you cant help but feel the 380 motor will be the first thing to get replaced tho!

with a decent MAH pack it will seem like your getting 30mins runtime of "going flat" speed! :o

mind you the spikes on the tyres will last ages!

thanks for the photo,Projectzip! im unclear on how they work tho? im guessing that is a metal bushing but could be a ballbearing if you wanted.it slides onto the 2wd axle but im unsure how it would stay on? hard to describe..but if you put the normal nylock wheel nut on the end as norm would it still allow it to spin on the axle? white hex bearing each side...but the 4wd wheel wouldnt accomodate the wheel nut..the nut would fasten the wheel to the hex?leave the nut loose and the wheel would wobble? if that makes sense? :):lol:

Thats the back of the adapter so you put it on your axle and then your wheel goes over the top and you tighten it up.

im away racing full size cars this weekend ill get some better pics next week.