netsmithUK

Holiday Buggy Rerelease In July

a redesigned HB is sounding better and better

if you want an original - you can just buy an old one! at least now may be able to get a new body for it ;)

looking forward to seeing a HB 2010 adorned with alloy hop ups and a fast motor!

Well, for me and I think for most nostalgics only a original chassis and body in a big box with blisterpacks is good enough.

/Rocketeer

if you want an original - you can just buy an old one! at least now may be able to get a new body for it :)

I'm guessing those holes for the front struts will probably be filled in with "power" bulges, the front two screwholes, recesses and rib underneath (essential for fitting the front body clip) will go, as will the hole on the back end for the rear body clip (and the two locating pin holes), and it'll gain a couple of extra holes for body posts on the new chassis ... what I'm trying to say is that it's by no means going to be a great replacement for the old HB shell (a bit like the re-re Scorcher in that regard ;) ), and I'm not sure how the polythene body will respond to filling.

TBH the re-re is going to have to look a whole lot prettier in the flesh - and be cheap (like £70 cheap, which is never going to happen ... more like £130 is my guess) for me to want to buy one.

hello all.firstly wow! re-re a go-go!

im glad these models are coming back out.........but...

those "spy shots" look bad..like "ive just been sick in my mouth" bad.

its a super fighter G with a holiday buggy shell placed on top with holes in the bonnet to let it line up.

funny thing is i tried similar to this a good while back,not with a HB shell tho...

i got the srb 3 peice wheels to fit front and back and it looked hilariously bad.

its far too wide with stock wishbones .it makes the smaller wheels look like its a stadium truck fitted with M-chassis wheels!

tho IF it had narrower track,courtesy of shorter arms ,it MIGHT just might be half decent.tho im still scratching my head at the fact it most probably will come with the plastic drive shafts like the super G...the suggested retail price would surely be an indication.and if it does,will Tamiya make special wheel shafts to allow the old style wheel fitment or will it come with completely new wheels/tires?

maybe M-chassis wheels may not be far off the mark? theres new rally block ones for the m05ra...

the spy shots display just how important wheels and tyres are to a vehicles apperance,if there gonna be new wheels lets hope they have a kinda high profile etc like the originals.

Well, for me and I think for most nostalgics only a original chassis and body in a big box with blisterpacks is good enough.

i would prefer that, but i will take what i can get

i guess i am more a "glass is half full" person

+1 on that for sure...

Arrghh, barf. I've just seen the pics of the holiday buggy. They could have at least put it on a decent chassis. My sand rover ended it's life with a shredded gearbox and broekn front suspension, and I'd drilled holes in the back of the chassis to fit short CVA yellow shocks on the back (which worked a treat until it died) . The bodyshell ended up on top of my mud blaster and that actually looked really good. Sand Rover was my first car and I was looking forward to getting another but won't be touching this. Was thinking of modding with TT01 oil shocks all round and a brushless motor. Would have been great off road with no diff.

Arrghh, barf. I've just seen the pics of the holiday buggy. They could have at least put it on a decent chassis. My sand rover ended it's life with a shredded gearbox and broekn front suspension, and I'd drilled holes in the back of the chassis to fit short CVA yellow shocks on the back (which worked a treat until it died) . The bodyshell ended up on top of my mud blaster and that actually looked really good. Sand Rover was my first car and I was looking forward to getting another but won't be touching this. Was thinking of modding with TT01 oil shocks all round and a brushless motor. Would have been great off road with no diff.

Aside from the the new TRF201, what other modern 2wd buggy chassis does Tamiya make? The DT-02 was really their only option, unless they actually reintroduced the original HB chassis. And the DT-01 chassis really doesn't make any sense here with the live rear axle.

Those pics look like someones attempt at fitting a Holiday Buggy body to a second hand chassis. I would have thought if they are Tamiya official pics that they would have had access to a new chassis.......

Anyway, Holiday Buggy with modern chassis equals epic fail for me I'm afraid.

lol

i remember when the ss2010 was an "epic fail" as it had different shaped wheel arches to the original.

i hope no one from the department in tamiya that decides the nostalgic models (rehash or rere) reads this thread.

Not exactly the same proportion...of failure and wheel arches...

yet the same "i'm not buying one now" replies?

Not in the same proportion, again...

And anyway everybody's allowed their opinion no?

You don't have to go and make the same point again and again when someone else disagree?

THere is no winner here just opinions. And yours are and have been clear enough.

yet the same "i'm not buying one now" replies?

I bought the Scorcher.....won't be buying this if its on the DT-02 chassis.

The chassis is the bulk of the nostalgia of the re-re's. The body isn't as important as the chassis nostalgia-wise.

A few updates is fine....but not a whole different chassis.

Let's keep this thread for the HB - there's plenty of threads already discussing the merits of the SS2010 shell :)

here's a rough translation of a post on that rc-plus.net board, where those pics come from:

====================================

Latest

Release of August.

Non Pro Tree Duck. But it took up the old format to new

Body is not hard But not use soft body.

Suspension is not the same.

But overall I give the feeling of playing will take back old times.

Even just any form.

Price was very important was.

Keeps the body to put more time on the other. Remove to dress like a Car.

Do not forget you pork.

On one box .. help Warning sea pirate hijacking comes with

well that should answer all questions :)

non pro tree duck though. not sure i like the sound of that!

here's a rough translation of a post on that rc-plus.net board, where those pics come from:

Latest

Release of August.

Body is not hard But not use soft body.

Suspension is not the same.

But overall I give the feeling of playing will take back old times.

Even just any form.

Price was very important was.

Keeps the body to put more time on the other. Remove to dress like a Car.

Do not forget you pork.

On one box .. help Warning sea pirate hijacking comes with

well that should answer all questions :)

non pro tree duck though. not sure i like the sound of that!

Keeps the price down - the Amateur Tree Duck Association is no less thorough than the pros, they just don't charge.

Thanks for posting though, I had forgot I pork

I hope they do re-re this one, as i want the body, so that i can make my own chassis, proper VDub style ;)

I have always had a soft spot for the Fugly HB :) ,ever since my spoilt cousins had one for Xmas, and had smashed it to bits within weeks :P I could only dream of RC cars at that time. But it would be cool if the re re had same classic chassis, so i could have one for true nostalgia.

If nothing else this one has us all more intrigued than any other. I mean, nobody has a clue what it is gonna look like. :)

If nothing else this one has us all more intrigued than any other. I mean, nobody has a clue what it is gonna look like. :)

True, but rumours so far suggest the back end of a bus reversed in to the fat end of a cow, disguised as the red end of a baboon;

july_2.jpgjuly_21.jpg

ive only just managed to regain my sight through tears of laughter at the "sample" photo,and TWINSET goes and starts it all over again! :)

red end of a baboon!!

at least this HB can provide real good comedy!

tho i just stopped laughing when i noticed the rear wheel arches look like they been designed to accomodate large diameter wheels....oh no...here comes the dry heaves rapidly followed by the watery mouth...

i remember when the ss2010 was an "epic fail" as it had different shaped wheel arches to the original.

The vocal minority obsessed with tiny details were the only ones who were disappointed with the Sand Scorcher re-re. I thought it was brilliant. I bought three.

However, I still can't figure out who Tamiya are making this HB re-re for. The Scorcher was obviously aimed at nostalgia freaks and collectors, with the blister packs, detailed body and close representation of the original kit and metal parts. The HB re-re won't appeal to collectors because of the modern packaging and characterless chassis. They chose the uglier shell out of the HB and Sand Rover, and there's no nostalgia appeal with the shell for eveyrone else, so I can't see many other people buying it either.

As I said, I can only see people who want the shell and wheels/tires buying this kit. I can see most of these being split for parts by resellers.

MSRP of $147... So that will mean it will be about $90 when it hits the HK sellers.

i hope no one from the department in tamiya that decides the nostalgic models (rehash or rere) reads this thread.

I hope they do, so they can keep in tune with what we really want. And obviously what we don't want is old shells refitted to a new chassis. Although the Blitzer Beetle is one exception to that rule... That worked.

I am pretty sure they do keep tabs on this forum - why wouldn't they? It's free market research from the collector corner of their market.

- James

ROTFLMAO

This has made my morning :)

Keeps the price down - the Amateur Tree Duck Association is no less thorough than the pros, they just don't charge.

True, but rumours so far suggest the back end of a bus reversed in to the fat end of a cow, disguised as the red end of a baboon;

That really made me laugh Andy !

Pictures for illustration purpose only :)