rizzo rat

My Garden Crawler Ideas

In my garden i have some sapce up the top which is wild and not used so i had a thought what to do with it. I was looking at ripping it up and digging out a crawler trial course so i need ideas and pic's maybe of what you have done so i can build somthing.

The space is 18ft x 10ft with a slight curve to it.

Any ideas will be very welcome.

Thanks

Rizzo

I've been planning something similar after having fun in my building site of a back garden these last few weeks - although you have a much more extensive crawler area available than me!

One thing I have noticed from crawling/scale driving around the garden, is that I lose interest pretty quickly when following set paths around obstructions - after a while I always gravitate towards a heap of rough soil to attempt to reach the top/perform a controlled descent.

I would create a selection of large moguls to produce hills/descents/valleys that could be accessed from all angles - this way you could mark out different courses with plastic tape and tent-pegs to change things around every so often. A small pumped stream would also be great, with a gravel riverbed and pebbles of increasing size either side.

Who knows, you might get away with calling it a landscaped rockery! :)

Keep us posted with photos!

Tim.

Ok as you asked here is the site. Having a disability I can only do short bursts

Of work as I'm in to much pain.

Must say sorry about the second set of photo's as this is a quick shot cam, must

Get my cam out it will be a lot better.

As you can see this is just a start and it will all be cleared but there's a lot

Of rubbish to clear. I should have employed you 1/14th truck and excavator guy's lol.

Before shot 1 Front

garden1.jpg

Before shot 2 side

garden2.jpg

Before shot 3 behind

garden3.jpg

After shot 1 Front

garden4.jpg

After shot 2 Side

garden5.jpg

After shot 3 Behind

garden6.jpg

Check this out, maybe it can give you some ideas.

Nice unimog by the way.

mix

Check this out, maybe it can give you some ideas.

Nice unimog by the way.

mix

Thanks.

Oh yeah i keep forgeting about youtube for things.

Thanks

Rizzo,

That is a sweet space you have there! The sky is the limit. Just get some nice boulders/rocks of different sizes and make up obstacles as you go along. Check my showroom, I did something in my yard too. Working on something new at the moment. More grass and weeds to make it look more realistic this time around. Also check out what Wyoming did with his Wyoworld in his backyard. Good luck and keep up with the Mog, hope the tyres are there soon.

Regards

Henk :)

Oh the possibilities you lucky lucky man!! I would definately get a nice mud hole with a steep side and a more gradual side, maybe with a few sticks or rocks in the bottom to make things interesting. A few ruts perhaps to get cross axled on? Some humps and side slopes, rocky steps, a sand trap and maybe a see saw? All of these things were my faves when I used to do 1:1 scale offroading a few years back!

Will be great when you get done!

Rich

Update on the site:

The site is now all clear and here is the

final result.

w010.jpg

Umimog with the new wheels on

w3.jpg

Rizzo

Mog looks wicked B) as does the new 'play ground'!!!! What are your plans now then??

Plans are to make a scale crawler layout type of thing but still not sure what to do? Any ideas tell me please.

Thanks to freecycle i have had an offer of a load of rockery rock and other bit's I'm hopping so going round to start collecting stuff tomorrow.

Hi the site looks good i have a load of pre cut face stone that came out of the fire place in my house and i have made a small course in the garden it great fun but one day the good lady wants me to make a BBQ out of it .Here is a bit of a thought why not knock up a rope bridge and use sticks to make the cross members to make it a bit tougher.

Hi peeps just picked up today the start of the rock for the garden project. Now the hard part is getting them through the house to the top of the garden, any one local want to assist? lol.

The car was a little low driving back but it was only about 2 miles away lol.

The car on the deck!

car1.jpg

Totally on the bump stops.

car2.jpg

car3.jpg

stone1.jpg

stone2.jpg

Oh very nice Rizzo! The rocks,......... eh well........................... they ROCK! :P Some cool ideas so far. Hope you get my not so cool anymore shot of what I'm busy with.

Henk :P