Sign in to follow this  
Singapore_959

Finally

Hmmmm... I like the thinking here, as I'm pretty fed up with the silly 'proprietary' connectors that are left over from three decades ago, but not so sure it's really an improvement over the single-joint designs. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't the extra joint double the amount of resistance through the connection?

-S

Hmmmm... I like the thinking here, as I'm pretty fed up with the silly 'proprietary' connectors that are left over from three decades ago, but not so sure it's really an improvement over the single-joint designs. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't the extra joint double the amount of resistance through the connection?

-S

Yes, but more often than not I have race cars that allow free connectors (poles), then I had vintage cars using stock tamiya plugs, then at races or days out with others some have corrally or deans etc and suddenly simply sharing batts and pluging in becomes a nightmare of do I cut and solder and someone always goes home upset that there plugs have been messed with or the adaptor you made is missing etc.

This is a cool solution :P

Yes, but more often than not I have race cars that allow free connectors (poles), then I had vintage cars using stock tamiya plugs, then at races or days out with others some have corrally or deans etc and suddenly simply sharing batts and pluging in becomes a nightmare of do I cut and solder and someone always goes home upset that there plugs have been messed with or the adaptor you made is missing etc.

This is a cool solution :P

Can't argue with that! I'm still trying to decide on a single connector for all of my runners, but nothing seems to be an easy solution to commit to. I could see using these as adapters in the lower amp bashers, and go with Deans as the common plug in everything else.

I would however like to see some resistance figures :(

-S