kstar

If You Were In Charge Of Tamiya?

thanks for the endorsment berman. let me know when mr. tamiya's private jet is ready for me. :)

One great Idea would to make shure you have a good deal when you retire, like at least one each of every car they produced. or maybe 2 of each 101 first.

If I where in charge:

upgrade CC01 -> CC02 with two solid axles

Re re the Blazing Blazer and also release a hard body bronco as baja bronco with wing on the roof!!!

Super Champ

SRB Manx, 2 seater buggy and Sand Scorcher #2 (modern style wide eye bug)

car trailer for the trucks with scale static cars...

Military 3-speed Dodge and ol volvo "sugga"

378.jpg

79.jpg

Rock on!!

Badboy

Ford focus RS and the right lime green PS paint to go with it !

All this on the FF03 chassis of course as it's FWD.

+1!!!!!! ^_^

i wish they would bring out the current focus wrc i cant believe they hav'nt :)

I would grant every subscribing member of Tamiyaclub an all expenses paid trip to Tamiya HQ in Japan, where everyone will get to meet Mr Tamiya himself and present him with ideas for what to build for the next 30 years.

As a doorgift before leaving never never land, each visitor would be given the opportunity to pay $30 for the kit of his/her choice, chosen from the first 30 R/C kits Tamiya has ever made.

:)^_^:)

... after which I'd wake up from my dream and feel so much happier ... :D

Lots of good ideas. Would be great if Tamiya notices these.

1 thing?

Formally recognise TC - by giving Chris a plaque (and maybe something to make up for the Subaru!!), posting up a thank you for the TC Scorcher, and giving an annual discount card for TRF products to all TC paid up/subscribing members.

Otherwise, I'm with Willy on the duplicate key! :)

if i was in charge for 1 hour, hmmmm........australian muscle cars from the 70's (ford falcon, holden, dodge), all american muscle cars including the odd balls (maverick, pinto, vega, gremlin, and so on...), the supercars from all around the world, jgtc cars from the early to mid 90's, and all trf cars fully optioned out of the box for under $200 but that's just me. :)

If I was in charge of Tamiya for 1 hour I would implement a re-issue of lots of vintage bodysets, decals and tyres as thats what "Restorers" actually need, oh and i would re-negotiate the Trade prices to bring European trade price (and thus retail price) inline with HK/Japan prices so we can all save thousands by not paying £40 to get a kit shipped from HK as UK/Europe price is quite ridiculous, thats what I would do.

:)

+1!!!!!! ;)

i wish they would bring out the current focus wrc i cant believe they hav'nt B)

Let's not forget all the other cars they missed out on:

- Skoda Fabia WRC

- Ford Focus (2003 with the nice looking (black+blue+yellow+white) box art instead of the ugly white one and newer) (And please Tamiya, release a Stobart Ford Focus version as well!)

- Citroën C4

- Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VIII and IX? (although the VIII and IX both looked bad - at least not nearly as good as the VII or the X).

- Peugeot 307 WRC

And then there are the IRC cars they just HAVE to release:

- Ford Fiesta S2000

- Skoda Fabia S2000

- Peugeot 207 S2000

- Fiat Grande Punto S2000

And so on... Of course there is still a chance that they will release some of these, especially the ones that still drive around... Tamiya had to prove that there are more rally cars out there than Subaru's... That's tough for them I guess... :P

to me what makes tamiya great is the brutal reliability and simplicity of the best models. clods, the frog and it's children, the hornet and lunchbox family... (add your own favorites of course). tamiya jumped the shark when they went to compete with the real racing companies. the avante? gimme a break. it was phenomenally more expensive than the cars it was supposed to compete with.

what would i do? i'd revamp most everything

retro and entry level vehicles only

everything gets bearings

everything gets oil shocks

everything gets real electronics or no electronics

no rtr vehicles, kits only

no more parts trees for replacement parts. individual parts availability

no weird one model vehicles

more clod based models

IM not sure about the individual parts rather than parts trees, as a seller I would not like to pay ebay fees to list 10 items when they are all on 1 parts tree, apart from that some nice ideas.

I think I'd do a "Glory Years of F1" series, and get in touch with other manufacturers to try and encourage enough releases in this vein for a new racing class to be created.

Possibly 1/8th scale for detail, but low power (380 brushless maybe) to suit the chassis handling/authenticity.

I just think these would look so good running around a track. I think just possibly there's a market for it with the late 30-somethings and the 40-somethings among us ?

Maserati-250F_1.jpg

Alfa-Romeo-158--Alfetta-_1.jpg

BRM-V16-Type-15_1.jpg

Talbot-Lago-T26C-Grand-Prix_1.jpg

Ferrari_500_-_de_Cadenet_1978.jpg