It might be because you like the design of the product but can't afford/bothered with forking $$$ for it

I agree . But I can see where your coming from loaded , But some of us, have not got the money you have Paul . LOL

Forgive this perhaps brutal comment, but if you don't have the money, don't buy the fake goods either. Wanting something you can't afford (or won't pay for) doesn't give you the right to buy fake goods supporting illegal activities that only serve to dillute the value of the very thing you covet in the first place.

;)

Paul.

Just received this, via ebay, from the seller

Hi,

Sorry for any inconvenience.

I accept offer full refund to you for request to you revision the negative feedback to positive.

Do you accept the solution?

I look forward to hear from you soon.

Not sure where that leaves me with a paypal claim, according to resolution centre, seller has until July 4th to respond to claim

Here's the pics;

Genuine on right

charger01.jpg

charger02.jpg

Rear sticker, genuine on right

note 'embossed' serial number

charger03.jpg

Rear of PCB, genuine on right

Note Nikon charger has around 60 components fitted to rear of board, copy has none, except LED wires

charger04.jpg

Top of board

charger05.jpg

Battery contacts

Copy has contacts glued to housing

Genuine has sprung contacts soldered to PCB

Note copy has no wire soldered to middle contact

charger06.jpg

PCB/Case comparison, genuine on right

charger07.jpg

LED

Copy's LED is 'close' to light guide but is approx 5mm away from guide

Genuine has LED on board which lines up with hole/lens cover moulded into top of casing

charger08.jpg

Genuine charger has a fuse fitted!

charger09.jpg

Label fun;

Genuine Nikon at top, notice 'squared' shape of hole in O

charger10.jpg

Read the 'instructon' manual!

charger11.jpg

Got my refund today :P

Also received some very helpful advice from ebay;

To make sure future transactions proceed smoothly, we suggest you visit the

PayPal site and click the Safety Advice Centre link located at the bottom

of any page. There you will find tips on how to avoid fraudulent sellers in

the "Fraud Prevention Tips for Buyers" section.

To learn more about PayPal's Buyer Protection Programme, go to the PayPal

website and click the Safety Advice Centre link located at the bottom of

any page.

Yours sincerely,

Bearing in mind they've refunded me my money, yet continue to allow this guy to list fake goods, I wonder if their "Fraud Prevention Tips for Buyers" covers what to do if eBay ignore reports :P

Ebay are rubbish,i also see that they have bought out thier biggest competiter in the market"Gumtree" which is now owned by Ebay :P

I stopped using Ebay last year and yes it`s stopped me buying from there too,but i would rather use the forums or go directly to web shops i trust.

People need to stop buying and selling on Ebay ASAP,IMHO they have been taken control of by "the powers that be"

The next biggest personal selling site is "Preloved" http://www.preloved.co.uk/ which seems a bit girly,but if everyone starts using that or other alternatives,things will get better.Ebay have cornered the market for now,but they need dressing down a step or two.

How about making an "Alternatives to Ebay" sticky at the top of the Ebay plugs section,to see if we can start to counter thier monopoly?

Just my personal thoughts anyway.

Glad you got your refund too dude,nice one :P

I Personally hate fee-pay and im a seller on there, too many ways for buyers to get out of paying for items, yest still they have the ability to leave neg Fb even if they dont pay!!!!!, then you psend hours chasing ebay to get it removed.

Also fee structure when i first started selling (proper selling not just the odd bit here n there) on ebay about 6 years back, listing fees were 5p to 10p MAX and final value fees were about 5%, now they are upto 20p to 40p for lisitng (QUADRUPLE!) and final value fees 10% (9.9% for those pedantic enough to check!) which has pretty much doubled, now lets be honest here the average sellers profits have not quadrupled or doubled in last 5 years have they (im not talking about myself here, i mean in general) and its not exactly like the market is as buoyant as 5 years ago either, add to that more competiton, is it likely that ebays costs have risen to those figures or are they being greedy (I very much suspect the latter).

If EVERYONE would remove half of their items from ebay they would definately feel it, the problem is ebay is like a drug/plague it keeps spreading and people get hooked into it, i think the majority of BUYERS think the sun shines out of ebays bum (hope that avoided the over-zealous bad word replacer!) and i suspect a lot of sellers HATE them and their policies of habitually allowing fraudsters to rip people off and allowing people to sell fake goods as they really dont care!!!, it generates them FEES and hence increases their profit and makes the board members happy and rich.

If someone started a rival to ebay (I mean a PROPER rival with advertising and a long term plan to bring down the costs, i think it would work, until that is ebay saw they were losing money to a competitor and just bought them out, hopefully the mergers/acquisitions monopoly board stop it happening.

Until that day, people continue to buy through ebay and pay for the priveledge (lets be honest a seller is not selling on ebay and LOSING the 10% is he, he is merely ADDING it to his original price, hence my websites prices are 10% lower lol, i know others offer the same if they have the stock lol).

Many years ago buyers were complaining to ebay saying they were getting ripped off by unscrupulous sellers, now it is ENTIRELY the other way round!!!, I had a guy a few months back threaten to leave me a negative feedback if i did not send him a grub screw for the pinion he bought from me (Lisitng showed no grub screw and only the pinion and description stated "NO grub screw included" he then had the cheek to complain to ebay who told him he was wrong (jesus h christ did ebay actually side with a seller?) although they did allow him to leave me a negative comment for SOMETHING THAT WAS NOT PART OF THE LISTING!!!!!!.

No bother 1 neg amongst 10,000 who cares?, well actually i do but can i do anything about that?, nope, block him and move on and wait for the tool to sell something at which point i will buy his "Diana Ross CD" and leave negative feedback saying i did not get a free CD player with it or something stupid like that!!!!!! lol

Sellers hate ebay bacause of all the reasons listed above plus many more than i wont print here as i covered it all before at some point or other.

Cheers

P.S @ Twisty, a BIT girly???, it has Love hearts in the title when you open it :P

Forgive this perhaps brutal comment, but if you don't have the money, don't buy the fake goods either. Wanting something you can't afford (or won't pay for) doesn't give you the right to buy fake goods supporting illegal activities that only serve to dillute the value of the very thing you covet in the first place.

:)

Paul.

+1

Wow, that sucks man. I haven't run in to fake goods before on eBay, but have had countless other issues. Just another reason why we should ditch eBay. Unfortunately, It has become a very soiled and way over priced site. The thing that personally makes me the most angry at eBay, from a sellers standpoint, is how a while back the disallowed sellers from giving negative feedback to buyers. That makes things very unfair in my opinion. This, among other things is why I created RCBin.com

I still don't know what that thing is Willy, am I missing something?

:mellow:

wallwart charger for any lipo that you can fit into its jaws