SRB Bloke

Why Is My Esc Continuously Bleeping

Can anyone tell me why, when I try to connect my radio gear for the first time....

I hope I'm doing something simple wrong....

As soon as I turn the switch on (transmitter already turned on) the ESC just keeps bleeping with red light flashing pushing the button dosen't make any difference....

Help please, I'm really looking forward to first run...

thanks

Can anyone tell me why, when I try to connect my radio gear for the first time....

I hope I'm doing something simple wrong....

As soon as I turn the switch on (transmitter already turned on) the ESC just keeps bleeping with red light flashing pushing the button dosen't make any difference....

Help please, I'm really looking forward to first run...

thanks

Have you gone through the set up process as your connecting the radio gear for the first time?

What make and model esc do you have ?

Have you tried following the setup guide ?

I am sure if you let us know either myself or somebody on here will help ;)

Its full moon. They all do that. Wait a few days.

;)

:lol: Disconnect the motor. The set up procedure should be done with the battery connected but the motor not connected. The esc just needs to read your TX positions without having to deal with the motor the first time.

Its a tamiya TEU 104 BK, is says so in his post topic.

Its full moon. They all do that. Wait a few days.

;)

:lol: Disconnect the motor. The set up procedure should be done with the battery connected but the motor not connected. The esc just needs to read your TX positions without having to deal with the motor the first time.

I've done that, the bleeping has stopped, now the red light just keeps flashing and I can't get it to respond to anything. Tried setting it but nothing, just a flashing red light.

Have you gone through the set up process as your connecting the radio gear for the first time?

I just plugged it all together as it said... i can't get the set-up from the ESC manual to work....

The continuous beeping is when you are in set-up mode (throttle on Tx in neutral, setup button pressed once)...if you then proceed to full throttle and hold it, whilst you press the recessed setup- button again and then go full brake and do the same. See if that helps. Switching on whilst holding the button enters the brake/ no brake menu.

Ive just tested this with mine........If I turn the esc on with the motor connected and the transmitter is OFF then it will flash and beep non stop, maybe its not finding your transmitter, plugs wrong? as mentioned in the above post.

So now you have the motor disconnected to do the setup which is the correct way and it still doesn't work, Ill do abit more testing.

Ok....I only get the red flashing light when I have no power to the reciever.......are you plugging the power wire of the ESC into the batt slot on the reciever? there are 2 different plugs from the ESC that go into the reciever. one sends the radio signal to the ESC, the other provides power from the esc to the reciever. the reason the light on the esc is blinking, is because the reciever has no power, so the esc is getting no radio signal.

Im pretty sure i has something to do with no signal from the rx to the esc

Im pretty sure i has something to do with no signal from the rx to the esc

Your too quick for me, I've been trying what you've been saying.... I bought two sets of radio and reciever from ebay.... all together I had 3 different receivers sent to me...

I've scrapped all them... got a brand set that only arrived an hour ago, out the box.. and with a little playing around with your advise.. I got it running....

really really appreciate your help hear.....

Your too quick for me, I've been trying what you've been saying.... I bought two sets of radio and reciever from ebay.... all together I had 3 different receivers sent to me...

I've scrapped all them... got a brand set that only arrived an hour ago, out the box.. and with a little playing around with your advise.. I got it running....

really really appreciate your help hear.....

Sorry I was abit quick mate, so what was the problem?

Sorry I was abit quick mate, so what was the problem?

I think it was the way the servo and ESC leads were connected to the receiver. I lined up the chamfered edges of each to plug to the shape on the receiver, but like you said one of them wasn't talking to the other....

The brand new receiver had paperwork saying yellow wire nearest the xtals even if chamfers didn't line up...

I'm not 100% sure of problem, but I do know its running... rear keeps falling off, but thats no problem... no the diffs slipping I think.... but that will give me something to tinker with and thats what I like.. thanks again..