MAD RACER

Who Still Uses The Tamiya Box Wreanch?

Ok i have been in R/C since 84 and have always used the little box wreanch.

In fact since i have got into vintage a few everywhere. Over the Yrs i have got a box full.

I must not be the only one that use this great little tool.??????

Yup always, they are littered around the house, have one in the tool box and a pile of them in the spare room where the RC's are.

Even drilled a hole in one and put it on my keyring :)

I've got one in every car and every toolbox. Normally I use the TRF Blue Anodized hex wrench - what a great tool that is! But whenever I go out bashing there is always a box wrench and a phillips screwdriver in my kit bag.

Use one everytime I pick up a car to work on it have them laying around everywhere :)

always use them.

there would be better tools for wheel nuts, but i've never got around to buying one.

tamiya box wrench is a great tool

I have one fitted to a keychain and carry it with my car/house keys. I have one in my PC tool kit. The Tamiya tool fits the small nuts for computers great and is small enough to get into some of the tight places. Not to mention all the ones scattered over the RC workshop for what they were made for.

Very handly little tool.

I use it all the time.

It's a handy little tool, custom made for the job.

-Lars

I never realised how much I used mine until I lost them. Suddenly it was almost impossible to undo the nuts on many 3mm bolts. Luckily I picked one up from our local LHS today along with some spares for my DT-02. Adding it to my keyring sounds like a great idea, always handy.

They are great little tools, very cleverly put together, the right size for tight places, also the right size for putting enough force onto to tighten or loosen stuff. And believe it or not, pretty durable too (so far) :) I have two in my tool box usually (although that's scattered across the room now), but I have many more.

As I read the first post I thought that making a keyring out of one would be a good idea :)

Now I have to do it. where do you drill the hole?

I use it all the time. There's no better tool for changing wheels.

dun use it much for RCs... wheelnutting usually done with Hudy or a powerdriver socket

but they're handy scattered around the house/car/garage - never know when you've got a loose wheelnut & no toolbox nearby

HPI's version with the ballcup socket is even better imho

As I read the first post I thought that making a keyring out of one would be a good idea :)

Now I have to do it. where do you drill the hole?

best thru the 5mm short leg, seems to be used the least

They're great - I have one ive chopped the 4 and 5mm hex's off and I use it in my cordless drill :P

i too have one as a keyring - an old tamiya stamped one. been on my keys so long, it has got polished over the years.

and yes i use them on every build. there is always one nearby, in every room of the house, in my car, on my desk at work

I'm seriously thinking about amputating my left index finger and replacing it with a Tamiya box wrench - it's that essential.

HPI's version with the ballcup socket is even better imho

I agree,that ballcup socket is the best idea to come around in very long time. I wish I had as many of the HPI wrenches as I have Tamiya wrenchs laying around though. I allways seem to be looking for the HPI wrench these days :P

I'm seriously thinking about amputating my left index finger and replacing it with a Tamiya box wrench - it's that essential.

Classic :P

i bought 4 of ebay

plus i have th eones from my hotshot kit from back in the 80s

the largest hole fits a gm ls1 ecu plug bolt perfectly

so i have 3 in my toolbox at work as im alwys playing with gm ls1 stuff

haven't unboxed any XB Gas tamiya lately... do they come with a larger box wrench?

always been looking for a slightly larger version for 8mm (glowplug), 7mm wheelnut & 5.5mm

I agree,that ballcup socket is the best idea to come around in very long time. I wish I had as many of the HPI wrenches as I have Tamiya wrenchs laying around though. I allways seem to be looking for the HPI wrench these days :P

yea i have TWO (hehe TURNBUCKLES!) that are jealously guarded in the RC toolbox thru the years :P

they only come with 1/10th HPIs too, Luckily a bright shiny newie turned up with the Blitz this yr.

larger cars like Savage don't but Bajas get their own useful stamped metal multiwrench

& orange resin lugnutter which i've already wornout 1. Plastic dun scuff the ano aluminium.