MAD RACER

Who Still Uses The Tamiya Box Wreanch?

I'm seriously thinking about amputating my left index finger and replacing it with a Tamiya box wrench - it's that essential.

:P:P

Now that's dedication!

larger cars like Savage don't but Bajas get their own useful stamped metal multiwrench

& orange resin lugnutter which i've already wornout 1. Plastic dun scuff the ano aluminium.

Didn`t you get the small Tamiya style box wrench with your HPi Baja? there should be one included in the toolkit.

All the HPi Bajas i`ve had,had one included,the other included multi tools are also very usefull :P

Up until recently when I got the Tamiya RC Tool Set with some nut drivers they were all I used for all of my builds and maintenance. I still use them though, just not as much.

Like Mark and 30cms I have drilled one out to go on my keys and it was so handy until I lost it (must do another).

The "Iron Cross", as I like to call it is a classic. I'm pretty sure that the ones that came with my Grasshopper and Bruiser (when bought new) are in the RC tool box to this day.

One of the things that disappointed me was when I got my Associated TC4 (and later TC5, B4, and SC10) and found that all they included was a cheap set of plastic junk. You have to get to the 1/8th stuff before you get the equivalent thing. To be fair though I guess I have to mention that Associated does use hex screws through out, no **** Tamiya Philips head stuff that I never even bother using.

i just wish it was a bit longer for doing the clod wheels. but i have never worked on my metric rc cars without one.

I am sitting in front of my computer at work, at least 30km from my cars, and I have one in my back pocket. It always seems to be there. :)

if you keep a few (3 or 4) in your pocket after a long time they shine up quite nice........and it keeps them out of her indoors way!

Well, at the risk of getting blacklisted by the 'Tamiya Box Spanner User Group' SIG (there's bound to be one!) I prefer the Kyosho version because the M4 leg is longer and it's a neater casting. :lol:

and here's how i did mine!

key.JPG

WHERE DID YOU GET THOSE MINI CARS???? I havent seen them here in the states! They're cool!!

Ive still got my first box key cross thingy wrench dude.

it came with my GrassHopper11. i shined it up with my dremmel..but alas the 3mm nut side has rounded abit so i use one of the many lying around.

the keyring idea is a corker.dont know why i polished it come to think of it?

I still use the original wrench that came with my Super Champ in 1984. It's a little bit worn, but still works fine.

Well, at the risk of getting blacklisted by the 'Tamiya Box Spanner User Group' SIG (there's bound to be one!) I prefer the Kyosho version because the M4 leg is longer and it's a neater casting. :)

Boooo... Shunnn Shunnn :lol::D I'm just joking (cant say I've seen a kyosho one). ;)

WHERE DID YOU GET THOSE MINI CARS???? I havent seen them here in the states! They're cool!!

They are the SANS-Tamiya 1:6 (1:60) buggy set. I have the full set listed in my showroom. I mail ordered my set from Japan. They are excellent detail for such a tiny car. They come partial assembled and partially painted. If you want them to look real nice you need to finish them off like any other static model.

The Full Set.

img20319_19022009122537_1.jpg

Box and Hornet (Blue one airbrushed green). They're approx 6cm long (2.5inches)

THey are in the oddest of places in my house. 1 or 2 in my bedside drawer and I know there's one in one of the cutlery drawers. Most of my spares boxes has a couple in too. $ or so lying on my workbench and yes they do get used a lot. How else will I change wheels on my cars?

Henk B)

would not be without one have them all over the house and one in my jeans pocket and even use one at work great for PC bolts B)

Ha ha! For years I used the one that came with my first ever car (Hornet) - Even when racing at big National meetings many years later it would still be sitting on the pit table..... then one sad day I lost it B) (think it ended up in a friend's toolbox) I have only ever owned two Tamiya cars in my time - & the Hornet the only one from new... so i've only had the one wrench (my Clodbuster came from the local tip)

I've recently purchased an M03 Mini for racing at my local club...... I forgot about the little Tamiya wrench, but on opening the box to my delight there was one sitting there! Boy is it reasuring to have one back in with my tools! :lol:

just a odd blast from the past that popped into mind...

anyone still got/use/own those GOLDplated wrenches someone here made? :)

slightly before loaded Paul's time... pleiku or something like

One of the smaller 'side' sockets is a perfect fit for PC motherboard standoffs :)

I them for wheels and also for tightening the wings on one of my RC planes, and I also use the kyosho version too.

I have something like 6 of them.. in various RC tool boxes, bags, airplane box.. they all get used. Its still so darn handy

just a odd blast from the past that popped into mind...

anyone still got/use/own those GOLDplated wrenches someone here made? :D

slightly before loaded Paul's time... pleiku or something like

It was Pleiku68 that made them. he did all the gold plating for the Tamiyaclub sand scorcher and I was lucky enough to get one of his gold plated tamiya wrenches