help in am in australia trying to get my 2010 scorcher to the beach, i forgot my crystals so i have purchased some futaba ones 27.095mhz, put them into my acoms gear and the whole thing has gone nuts? what is the problem are the futaba crystals not compatible?they are am? help i need to hit the beach

Are they in the right way round?

Sounds daft but I only just found out a couple of months ago that they are TX and RX specific. One will have a T on it somewhere for the trans and the other will be marked with an R for receiver.

tried that, i am a bit confused really unless its interference? only thing ive doe is unplug the motor before I brought it here, i also added a alluminium chasis plate maybe that is causing interference? dont know really maybe aussie crystalls are different - have tried to re set the esc but it wont seem to let me, the red light just keeps flashing with the steering going nuts

tried that, i am a bit confused really unless its interference? only thing ive doe is unplug the motor before I brought it here, i also added a alluminium chasis plate maybe that is causing interference? dont know really maybe aussie crystalls are different - have tried to re set the esc but it wont seem to let me, the red light just keeps flashing with the steering going nuts

Id have a good look around....if you look very closely you may see TA Mark with a big grin on his face on the same frequency :)

I would be looking at the usual suspects.

Interference - try rerouting the receiver wire also don't test inside near big metal objects like fridges or balcony railings.

Bad connections - unplug and re-plug everything back together just to make sure that nothing has come lose.

Rx and Tx crystals swapped

Bad gear - the crystals (or the other radio gear) could be stuffed.

Gear mismatch - I have a Futaba set that just will not work with Acoms crystals and a mate that has the same problem with an Acoms set and Futaba crystals. There is no explanation for this some individual radio sets just won't play with others.

Finally make sure that if your radio is 27MHz that you got 27MHz crystals - we also use 29MHz in Australia.

Interference - try rerouting the receiver wire also don't test inside near big metal objects like fridges or balcony railings.

Coffee/nose :)

Hahaha I mis-read that and had a mental picture of a guy in a fridge with a transmitter :D:)

I agree with everything bjr250 said above, I also have futaba/acoms stuff that doesn't work together

Sounds like you've possibly installed 27MHz crystals in 29MHz radio gear. This doesn't work... 29MHz radio gear only works with 29MHz crystals.

Acoms gear can also be twitchy with Futaba crystals in, you need Acoms crystals.

- James

Id have a good look around....if you look very closely you may see TA Mark with a big grin on his face on the same frequency :)
Coffee/nose :D

Hahaha I mis-read that and had a mental picture of a guy in a fridge with a transmitter :) :)

:P:o;)

Yip, that's me rolling on the floor laughing!!

Henk :o

B) Wasn't me :P

I'm on FM and 2.4Ghz

The lad protests too much, me thinks.... :lol: