Live Steam Mad

View Of Inside Of Rc Model Shops Back In The Day

I know its not an old photo but this is a pic from RC Champ in Japan (their smaller shop) :blink:

akiba8.jpgakiba4.jpg

I dont have a inside photo but i wish i'd a quid for every hour i used to spend looking at all the new Tamiya releases in this wonderful shop when i lived just outside of Leeds . Happy Days

When I started out I used to go to there old shop other side of town on Gay Lane Otley, catching the 730 or 735 bus !! by eck, that brings back memories!!. It used to be at the back of the newsagent. I remember seeing rows of SRB's on the bottom shelf that were part exchange ones ;-) Bought my Hornet from them and my Futaba Magnum back in 1984 !!

I'am from Batley originally and getting to Otley was a 5 bus deal each way - but well worth it .

This is a model shop not very far from where I live. It closes down next Saturday and I want to share with you how it looks inside today. It has a vintage look and the shop owner treats us customers like royalties and offers extended opening hours if we give him a call. Sad to see the very last "old style" shop nearby dissapearing...

http://www.nortrading.no/?page=5

This is a model shop not very far from where I live. It closes down next Saturday and I want to share with you how it looks inside today. It has a vintage look and the shop owner treats us customers like royalties and offers extended opening hours if we give him a call. Sad to see the very last "old style" shop nearby dissapearing...

http://www.nortrading.no/?page=5

It is really sad that model shops are going. As a kid i went to 3 model shops and they have gone now.I know it is all internt based now but just going into a good model shop is awsome! (touchy feely)Beatties was great, now i believe it is now Model Zone :-(I would love to own my own model shop

Nortrading.no is closing forever? That's too bad. I actually ordered some vintage Kyosho parts from them a few years ago. Had to use web translation in order to place the order, but it made it to me in the USA quickly and the parts were perfect. Sad to see good shops close.

Nortrading.no is closing forever? That's too bad. I actually ordered some vintage Kyosho parts from them a few years ago. Had to use web translation in order to place the order, but it made it to me in the USA quickly and the parts were perfect. Sad to see good shops close.

They are closing down the shop but it will be possible to buy directly from their warehouse if you bring with you the part number. The web shop will be unchanged, so I can be your translator if you want to buy from them again :-)

No Pictures, but my local shops back in the day were

Les Brown models (Birstall) Les died a many years back. He'd already ceased trading.

Morley Models. Still going.

3 Towers Models (Halifax). This was a Morley models branch, but closed down many years ago.

I even remember going to the original Otley Modelsport, long before they expanded to the store they have today (and pictured earlier)