kstar

Weapon Of Choice

I believe this topic has been up before but I don't seam to find it any more so here we go again...

Which of your cars do run most frequently and where do you run 'em? Maybe we can put in why also?

My main runner was the lunch box as it's fun everywhere. It is waterproof which make it an easy choice for rainy days. I run it everywhere, parking lots, beach, skate park, football fields and so on.

But recently I got a WW2 that I was gonna have just as kind of a sunday runner. But It's now my weapon of choice as long as it doesn't rain. It's fun to drive in a parking lot as you can try "stunts" and it goes pretty much where you want as long as you don't wheelie (which is pretty hard:)). The WW2 as the VLB works well on any surface. And it looks so good. So far nothing has broken which I'm very happy with.

Why I run it? cause it's the best thing to do.

My Lunch Box or Monster Beetle would be my main weapons. Likely more so the Lunch Box because replacement parts are easy to come by. Its small and easily carried anywhere to run. It goes places buggies can't and is fun on any surface, even pavement. The Lunchie's simplicity equals durability but doesn't detract from the fun it provides. It was my first Tamiya and in many ways, still my favorite.

My Lunch Box or Monster Beetle would be my main weapons. Likely more so the Lunch Box because replacement parts are easy to come by. Its small and easily carried anywhere to run. It goes places buggies can't and is fun on any surface, even pavement. The Lunchie's simplicity equals durability but doesn't detract from the fun it provides. It was my first Tamiya and in many ways, still my favorite.

King cab.

It handles like a dream and with the dirt paws on it, even with a motor as minor as a black can, it barely notices grass.

Kyosho Stinger MKII, is my main runner for the dogs to chase, althjough they do a good job of chasing my other main runner the Precision Aerobatics Addiction 3D i fly on the local beach ;)

Cheers

Lunchbox, Sand Viper and Slash. They get the most use by far.

Oddly enough, the next most used is my Tamtech Frog or Hornet because they can be driven indoors. I'm surprised how much fun these little guys are when the weather is nasty and I can sit indoors and still get my R/C fix.

Lunchbox and Grasshopper (same gearbox). They just go and go and go and never break down even with the extreme motors I have in them. Driven the most because they never spend time on the shelf waiting for mail ordered replacement parts to arrive.

TRF 501x.....LIPO and brushless, but then i do i treat her like a goddess, she's pristine, slightest scratch and its a new part hehe.

lee

Lunchbox. Dunno, I think it's just the whole package deal. It's quirkiness and it's characteristic handling plus trying to keep it on all four's makes it such an entertaining drive whether it's brushless or sport tuned. It drives on pretty much any surface, it's pretty robust both damage (once you have alloy body mounts) and driveline wise. It really is very hard to beat. Plus it's a bright yellow van, it just rocks.

Everyone who comments on my RC's loves the van the most (as long as they dont/hear see the Knight Hauler ;) )

not a single who have the srb as their main runner? I thought with the re-re there would be more people running the srb's on more regular basis.

Currently it`s a sonic fighter, probably because i don`t care too much if i trash it.my others are all in various states of repair.Quite keen on getting a lunchie for bashing, they seem so much fun.Besides i wanted one when i was young , but my dad thought they were not serious enough and got me a second hand falcon.

My 2 King Cabs, I also race them at the local onroad track when racing my EVO IV.....

not a single who have the srb as their main runner? I thought with the re-re there would be more people running the srb's on more regular basis.

That's a special occasion drive for me, same with my nicely restored Fox. These would be my favourite drives but not my most used.

Frog or Madcap

Frog is great fun, it doesn't handle all that great, (but i am hopping it up gradually) but its great fun sliding it round the corners, bouncing over the jumps it just brings back all the god 80's memories for me.

when i want something that handles better, i use my hopped up Madcap, its got good oil filed coilovers and star dish 2.2's with proline tyres...runs a bit better.

both of which i try and run at the local dirt RC circuit track mostly, its the most fun place to drive.

otherwise at home i get out my TB Evo 3 drift car, which runs novak brushless GTB and 10.0T and slide it in the basement carparks of where i live

My most regular runner is my Blackfoot Extreme. I can just grab it and run almost anywhere without worrying I'll break something. I'm not the most graceful of drivers, and it doesn't have great steering precision so it ends up hitting trees, the fence, or anything else that is around, but just keeps on running without breaking. With a cheap 17X2 motor it's ample fun for running without being too fast, and I don't need to be too fussy where I run it.

My regular runners are a rere hotshot and my txt-1 or clodbuster. I like the monster trucks as I can run them around in my small garden easily with the 4 wheel steering, or if I take them out I can use them for hill climbing. I use the hotshot when I have reasonable sized bit of smoothissh ground to run it on. I use the hotshot purely as it's my favourite to drive, not that fast, but it handles well and looks good on the move.

pumpkin and m03 mini but dusted my ff01 mondeo recently as we had our road resurfaced and its perfect for it ;)

Im suprised there aren't more M-Chassis so far. My main runner is an M03 but my CR01 also sees a lot of action. I have a 27T pinion and 19T motor in the CR01 so its a bit too quick for crawling but is handy enough on the sand dunes. I have spent a lot of time wrenching on this truck I like the scale body and the flexibility of the chassis, right now it is sitting low on coilover shocks, one day I will find a way to combine the coilovers with the stock stabilisers to give me a bit more speed in the corners but for now its a fun truck just as it is.

Duane.

Im suprised there aren't more M-Chassis so far.

I used to have an M02 as a main runner, but my interest has more and more gone into Buggies. I think my main runner would be my Dyna Storm at the moment, but to be honest I don't drive a lot lately :) Quite a shame because all I have to do is re-apply some loctite silicon sealant to the gearbox cover (I checked if the seal was sufficient now, which it is, so I don't want to take any chances so I'll re-apply it) and charge the battery!

Either my CC01 Jeep or my Lunchbox. The CC01 tends to be my favorite backyard basher; my yard isn't very big and it has a steep hill on one side, so with a 65t motor and locked diffs, it just fits the bill perfectly. If I take a vehicle on a trip, however, it's almost always the Lunchbox. It's dead simple, reliable, fun and challenging to drive, and it makes a good RC "ambassador." Before it, my favorite travel vehicle was an older model Traxxas Stampede, for the same reasons.

Here's the 'Box during a recent camping trip:

DSCF0283.JPG

I would run my M03 more if it wasn't for the tire wear. I don't have a big budget for my R/C's and I have like 8 cars ready to run. I like to keep as many as possible in running condition. The on-road cars always seam to be the ones that I'm not been able to keep in running condition. Much thanks to the expense of the tires.

These cars I have ready to run at the moment:

2x VLB

wild willy 2

Monster beetle

Sand scorcher 2010

grasshopper

grasshopper 2

(Next week or so I will ad a mud blaster to this gang)

I like to have cars that I can run even if I don't have any money. I used to run some nitrocars but they collected to much dust as I never had money to both keep up with spare parts and fuel.

Im running a brushless firestorm flux at the moment, very tough and handles well.......great fun too.

Tamiya Top Force - Hop-Uped :)

with Genius 120 and GM BL...

Tamiya Egress - light modified, with

Dyna Pink

Regarding the m-chassis tyre wear, we race m-chassis out here in Dubai and most of us run Spice 32 or 40 slick tyres they grip much better than the standard tamiya radials and also last a lot longer.

Reading between the lines, and based on my own experience it seems like the off roaders are the preffered pickup and go cars. I guess the road cars tend to hit harder things and hit themfaster, mine also tend to let dust and dirft in everywhere so need a bit more looking after to be in perfect pickup and go condition all year round.

I usually pack my CR-01 if we are going to the beach or the hills.

M-Chassis is still the most fun though ;-)

Duane.

I don't really have a "main runner", at least not one single car I run more than the others, but I guess the cars I tend to run first when ever I go for a bash are:

Monster Beetle

Falcon

Blitzer Beetle

Angle-Box

Scorcher

Slash 4x4

In that order.