Sign in to follow this  
justinn

Mounting A Kamtec Bowler Wildcar Body On Tl01

Hi all,

I've just taken delivery of a Kamtec Lexan Bowler Wildcat body shell that I'm eager to get painted. The only issue is, it's going on my TL01 chassis, and the body mounts at the back aren't long enough to reach the roof. Or if I turn them 90 degrees so they point backwards, they still aren't quite long enough to poke out through the back of the shell. Anyone here got any tricks for extending or making longer body mounts for bodies like these? Need an extra inch or so on the back ones.

Cheers

Justin

One option would be to make longer mounts by mounting another bodymount on the side of the mounts on the rear of the car with small bolts or self tapers. Alternatively you could look to source mounts from another chassis which are long enough. The only issue being that the TL01 style isn't the most interchangeable of styles out there.

Another option if you where up for perhaps a bit more work would be to create a fake floor either to make a cockpit or rear section as I did with my ABS bowler shell seen below. This allowed me to use the standard short bodymounts from a TA02 as well as making it more realistic with mud flaps and a cockpit set in time.

rearsectionpainting.jpg

shot5-putotherholethroughinlineandt.jpg

Hope this helps.

Ryck