Sign in to follow this  
VagabondStarJXF

My Clod!

I posted this up on the main site earlier today but then had to go off and do stuff before I could post up on here.

I went to a local car boot sale this morning and I found this within 5 minutes of arriving. As you can see from the pics it looks great. There's quite a bit of rust on the motors and springs, it has no electronics except the motors, MSC and servos. The body looks immaculate like its never been painted. The wheels have no damage and the tyres look unused. The chrome all around looks great apart from the front bumper which has some wear to both ends that looks like the chrome has been rubbed off but nothing serious. No gouges, no scratches, no breaks. Just lots of dust from storage. It was an amazing find to start with, wouldn't you all agree?

Buying it became a bit of a story when my brother asks the seller, "how much?" and the guy says, with certain definition might I add, "5 quid!". I scratch my head, check the chassis and body for that 'something horrid' I must've surely missed, not find anything again, ask the price again and get the same certain, "5 quid!"... I foolishly ask if it has radio gear and get given a bag of cheapy stuff from a Robot Wars knock off toy 'robot'. I tell the seller that it isn't the right stuff but he just shrugs his shoulders, I shrug mine then say, "A fiver huh? I'll take it." Not bad eh?

I was just a little miffed when my brother tells me later than he saw a NIB Striker being sold that he was surprised I'd not bought myself. But nevermind. I picked up a Clod for a fiver!

edit: I just saw the time. I guess I could say it was yesterday morning now! :)

An unbelievable find :) Ready to transform into your own vision of the famous beast.

Last night I wasn't really sure what I wanted to do with the latest addition to my collection. Having slept on it... I'm even less sure. Having the Chevy tag's n' all is probably the best thing about it (lots of TC members tell me so! :D ) but that leaves me with a slight dilemma. Being that the body is the 'original' original and seeing that it's in such good condition I'm leaning toward a restoration using box-art colours for the body. I could always try getting another body later. Good idea?

Yeah I think its true that with such an opportunity it would be a shame not to use the box-art colours. You can always source other bodies to do some more adventurous colour schemes with.

I've just found out that the box art colour is red when I thought it wasn't. I'm doing a Monster Beetle, Mudblaster and now this one... all in red! Now what are the odds that 3 projects in a row, as random in selection as fate alone could dictate, would need the same colour? :)