Sign in to follow this  
berman

Twin Motor Esc's

With the TXT on the way from Stella Models, I was going to buy me a brand new shiny Novak Super Duty XR esc, but after a search I found out they are discontinued, and there doesn't seem to be anything on ebay new OR used available.

So apart from TEU-103BK's and Traxxas's EVX 1 and 2, what else do I have the option of for twin motor esc's?

I dont really want to buy a single motor esc and half it by adding another set of motor wires if I can help it.

Cheers guys :)

Neil

i think i have seen a couple of twin motor esc's from mtronicks.

Cheers guys!

Kaiser: I had a look and couldn't find an Mtroniks twin motor esc. Dont remember the name by chance?

TamiyaVancouver: Cheers, I dont mind a TEU103bk if I only go with the sport tuneds, but if I want to go for lower turn motors then I may aswell fork out for a limitless ESC. Rest assured if I drive the truck and only want to go S/T, then I will buy the cheap and cheerful Tamiya ESC :)

I had my heart set on a Super Duty haha

There are "take offs" of the Traxxas stuff all over Ebay. I bought a take off EVX2 for about $85 and also take off Titan 550s for $16 each.

info from clodparts.com

tn_mtroniks3-1.jpg

Product Name..: Mtroniks Sonik4 Super E-Truck ESC

Product Manufacturer..: Mtroniks

Company Address..: Click Here

Product #..: Price as of 11/07/04..: £132.00

Product Info..: The Sonik4 incorporates high power Gen Xi-FET technology with a new heavy duty, light weight heat sink which provides 50% more effective cooling! The new intelligent power delivery system (PDS) minimizes wasted power, maximizes traction and reduces motor wear and heat. With new programmable features and improved protection, the Sonik4 range offers something for all levels of the hobby!

100% Waterproof

2 x 11 Turn motor limit @ 12.0V

2 x 15 Turn motor limit @ 14.4V

6.0V to 14.4V Operating voltage (5 to 12 cells)

3.3KHz drive frequency

Reverse disable feature

0.0068V drop at 10A

Maximum current rating, 560A

1.5A BEC

Dimensions : L68.0mm x W34.0mm x H15.0mm

Weight : 85g

This Truck ESC is capable of running two 11 Turn motors at the same time!! The SUPER Truck also has lighting outputs to allow you to attach reverse and brake lights to your model!

That Mtroniks looks alright, cant seem to find any though :edit: 132gbp! Novak Super duty's were $129USD street.

The TXT is Clod-slow with the MSC and stock motors, I was expecting it to be slightly faster (although in it's defence it is quite torquey) and I'm not sure a TEU-103BK is going to be enough to satisfy with sport tuneds, if I could fit two BZ's with that ESC I would probably be happy until I have to replace the weak brushes and cut the comms. Maybe I could up the pinions a tooth each?

Dont want to go traxxas as I dont really want to upgrade the driveshafts, hence why I haven't glued the tyres either, plus I dont want silly fast.

The TXT is Clod-slow with the MSC and stock motors...

Ha! Just for novelties sake,the missus and I went outside with the txt and clod, both are completely stock (apart from bearings) with MSC's, both had 3000mah nimh and the clod took the txt by 3 clod lengths! (over 30metres) Should've video'ed it :lol:

Novak makes one called M2 but i'm not

sure that will fit your application.

skip

Novak makes one called M2 but i'm not

sure that will fit your application.

skip

Nah only suitable up to 27 turn motors (silver can), thanks though :D

Note: Dont search Novak M2 on ebay B)

Note: Dont search Novak M2 on ebay B)

well i had to. doh! lol