kstar

Tamiya Primer Drying Time?

I just used PR.87044 FINE SURFACE PRIMER WHITE (L), 180ml for a first coat of paint on a body shell. The instructions where in Japanese so I have no clue of what it says.

TM87044.jpg

My question is how long before I can sand and paint again?

I use Tamiya primer a fair bit it all depends on the conditions you are spraying in if its nice and warm I would normally give it a good 6-8 hours before touching it if its cold give it longer perhaps double the time I have mentioned maybe 24 hrs.

I find it dries quicker than some Tamiya sprays (paints).

Tamiya primer is pretty good, spray it in small coats not too heavy you can always add more if needed its harder to fix if it runs.

Hope this helps .

Stuart.

it really depends on the temperature around you

to be on the safe side, you could leave it overnight at room temp

you might be able to go at it a bit earlier though

i take it you will be wet flatting this - a good tip here is dust a darker colour on. like some blue or red or whatever you have kicking about.

just a fine dust layer though!

this is called a "marker". when wet flatting, keep going until the marker has all gone. that way you know you have got everywhere.

wrap your wet n dry paper around a bit of rag, that way you get plenty of water about the place.

ok. It's 34 degrees Celsius in the shadow. so I guess it will dry in about 15 min. ha ha

well I'll wait until tomorrow then.

thanks for the info.

ok. It's 34 degrees Celsius in the shadow. so I guess it will dry in about 15 min. ha ha

ooo toasty hot

it will probably be good to go pretty soon then!

in the UK we have been having some ok-ish weather recently. i have been able to do some painting in my special model spray booth i have set up in my garage