duckage

Can A 540 Brushed Motors Handle 11.1v

Has anyone out there ever run 540 brushed motors on a 3 cell lipo (11.1v) ? I'm building a double blaze with an mtroniks super e truck esc and twin checkpoint 19t money motors, obviously one motor has been retimed to run backwards at the same speed but would love to run them on a 3 cell lipo but can't find anything that's setup like that. I'm assuming it's not possible as no one else is but hoping someone will tell me otherwise.

Has anyone out there ever run 540 brushed motors on a 3 cell lipo (11.1v) ? I'm building a double blaze with an mtroniks super e truck esc and twin checkpoint 19t money motors, obviously one motor has been retimed to run backwards at the same speed but would love to run them on a 3 cell lipo but can't find anything that's setup like that. I'm assuming it's not possible as no one else is but hoping someone will tell me otherwise.

I have tried brushed motors with 3s lipo and I found that 3s seems to destroy anything besides slow motors and higher voltage motors from what I have experienced. Anything less than 27 turns burns up within a few runs. A lot of crawling guys runs 3s.

Im sure the esc can handle the volts but does it have a lipo cutoff to safe gaurd the batteries.

Then theres gearing and heat to consider

Zak.

Thanks for that i'll stick to the 2 cell for now and see how well it goes. The esc has a 12t twin motor limit and can run up to 14.4v, has no cutout but i always use an alarm anyway since one esc cutout failed on me and nearly mashed a battery.

I wouldnt recommend 3s with a brushed motor either, I killed several Traxxas Titan motors in my Slash running 3s. Go brushless and 2s :lol:

I once melted the soldered on leads right off a Trinity Sapphire motor, but that was 20+ volts in a little experiment of mine :unsure:

You know that you are melting parts if your original Traxxas Stampede hits 60MPH! The inside of those wheel bushings even looked like an egg after that run, lol

I once melted the soldered on leads right off a Trinity Sapphire motor, but that was 20+ volts in a little experiment of mine :unsure:

You know that you are melting parts if your original Traxxas Stampede hits 60MPH! The inside of those wheel bushings even looked like an egg after that run, lol

Cool as..

I've been running a silvercan on 3S in my M04 without any issues.. Motor gets a bit hot if I take the car offroad. Would help if I used a clip-on heatsink but it's a silvcan so who cares?

I've been running a silvercan on 3S in my M04 without any issues.. Motor gets a bit hot if I take the car offroad. Would help if I used a clip-on heatsink but it's a silvcan so who cares?

A silvercan should be fine, i said anything below a 27 turn seems to burn up if you read my other posts