zachsmom

Can Someone Help Me With Info On My Bullhead?

Hello to everyone. I am new to this forum stuff so I will first apologize if this is not in the correct place!

I am a single mom of a 5 year old that loves r/c cars and monster trucks! Most of his are just the higher end "Radio Shack" Models! So when we went to a yard sale last night and he saw this Big Yellow Semi with huge wheels that looked like a monster truck, of course he wanted it!!

I asked the gentleman if he had the remote control or any other items for it and he said "No...It's just a push toy!" I thought it still looking interesting to purchase.

It says it is a Tamiya and has Bullhead on the side. It is yellow with red flames. Has 6 yellow rechargeable batteries and a four pack of AA's for lighting I am assuming. The body is all intact with no breaks or cracks. All of the wires look like they are intact. I just can't figure out if another battery(9.6 or 7.2) is suppost to connect or if the two large sets of D batteries are suppost to hook together!

I am at work right now and unable to upload any pics, but I can do so this evening.

Can you guys help??? Will it be possible to try and find a remote for it? What voltage of charger would it take? Or since I don't have any of the accessories, should I resell it at my Yard Sale, throw it on Ebay or let my son use it as a "Push Truck"!! lol!!

I thought for $2.00....it looked like a steal! Please help with any info. Thanks so much for your help!

Zach's Mom

Is this it here?

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/car.asp?id=89

click the tabs at the top for members rides and other helpfull info.Sounds like you scored a bargain ;)

I can`t help more because i don`t have one but i`m sure somone else will add more.

Yes! That is it, except that it is Yellow. Thank You!

Sounds like an absolute bargain!

Im sure there will be members here closer to you who will be able to help and sort you out with a transmitter, charger and batteries, alot of people will have these lying around as "spares" so im sure a deal could be struck between you!

Hi Zach's Mom.

The Bullhead is a very sought after Tamiya truck New In Box kits fetch well into the hundreds of dollars a good built one will still fetch a tidy sum on ebay .

I am not sure if I would let Zach have it just yet especially as a push truck certainly buy it for $2.00 you can't go wrong but it would be well worth your while getting Radio gear for it and make it a true RC truck again .

Batteries for running it are pretty cheap as are chargers and for that matter Radio gear .

Maybe put it away for Zach while you source parts for it it will be well worth your while and a bigger suprise for him when it is running like it was meant to be.

Good luck .

Stuart.

I am sure we would all like to see a photo if you would :unsure:

sounds like you all you are missing is the transmitter (tx), charger and possibly receiver (rx).

the big batteries are 7.2v and one of them goes into the truck to run it at a time.

the smaller AA batteries would be for the transmitter.

You can buy transmitter, receiver and servos (2, but they are probably installed already if the wheels are firm to turn) cheaply these days, I would think from about 40usd for a crystal based set. Again, some members would probably be able send you a set cheaply by posting up here in the sale/wanted section. A slow, safe overnight changer is easily under 20usd, a auto (peak) fast charger can be had for 30 and upwards.

If is too much for you/mini Zach then you could sell it here for considerably more and buy him something else. But rc is a great hobby to get introduced to young!

sounds like you all you are missing is the transmitter (tx), charger and possibly receiver (rx).

the big batteries are 7.2v and one of them goes into the truck to run it at a time.

You can buy transmitter, receiver and servos (2, but they are probably installed already if the wheels are firm to turn) cheaply these days, I would think from about 40usd for a crystal based set. Again, some members would probably be able send you a set cheaply by posting up here in the sale/wanted section. A slow, safe overnight changer is easily under 20usd, a auto (peak) fast charger can be had for 30 and upwards.

If is too much for you/mini Zach then you could sell it here for considerably more and buy him something else. But rc is a great hobby to get introduced to young!

I am trying to upload the pics but its not working!! Not sure where to do it. Below the upload button says I only have 38.68k. Any help?

I do have these pictures on email. If anyone wants to see them or post them for me(lol) please just let me know and I will send them. That is all I can do until I figure out how to do this on the forum. Thanks! Zachsmom

Zachsmom sent me some pictures of the Bullhead as she was having trouble downloading them.

Now that is what I call a great buy. Surely someone who lives near them could donate a transmitter so the little guy can get it running. I would actually however probably sell it and get him something modern which when he breaks it (which he will) he can easily repair/replace. It looks too clean to run actually.

Now that is what I call a great buy. Surely someone who lives near them could donate a transmitter so the little guy can get it running. I would actually however probably sell it and get him something modern which when he breaks it (which he will) he can easily repair/replace. It looks too clean to run actually.

Zach's Mom, don't listen to Kevin. Next he will send you a PM saying he'll buy the Bully from you or swop it for a re re Grasshopper. ;) Sorry, Kevin, I just had to do that. :)

What a steel at 2 bucks, WOW!!!!! Get it up and running and he will have a blast with it. He is a very fortunate young man to have a mom buying him such a fancy "Push toy" Just goes to show what some people know, or rather, don't know about RC.

Henk :unsure:

And now I'm going to have nightmares about a 2 buck Bullhead! Man that is a BARGAIN!!!!!

:unsure:

badword barain of the century!!! how can somoene mistaken that for a push along truck with the motors ect :unsure:

wow sanyo yellow cells!

takes me back.

it may need a new battery as well as a transmitter.

just a regular nimh battery will do. (and a charger!)

if i was local to you (ie in the same country) i would post you a transmitter for just the post cost. i got lots of them.

Zach looks pretty chuffed! Cool. No pictures of mum eh? lol

What you have there is one battery pack which needs to be replaced. It's been split into 2 with a connector wire to balance the truck more. THis is called a 'saddle pack' and any decent hobby shop will be able to supply you with one. Suggest you ask for a 4000mah (or higher) 7.2v saddle pack with a longer than normal connector cable.

You have an rx, its the little back box with the little yellow tab sticking out of it. That is good news. So all you really need is a TX, charger and new batteries.

It is a 75band rx which means you need a 75band tx - this is the normal standard in the US. If it was a 27 which is common out of the US I would be happy to send you one myself. I am sure one of the US members here would help out (HINT dudes!) with a TX handset.

I would remove the 4 AA batteries pronto even if you are not going to use it. They have a habit of leaking badly when they get old and that will damage the battery holder and other plastics.

As has been said it looks very good and should run fine. If this is too much than having now seen it, there may be US based members here who would offer a swap for a complete running car/truck set against that so they can restore it (yes we can be picky fanatics :unsure: ).

A VERY Big THANK YOU to all of you guys for helping us! I am now going to be in search of the parts that we need! I will post back once I have everything! Wish us luck!!

Singapore_959, maybe the finished product pics will be of BOTH of us, since this is a Mom and son project! lol Nicole and Zachary

Zach's Mom, don't listen to Kevin. Next he will send you a PM saying he'll buy the Bully from you or swop it for a re re Grasshopper. :) Sorry, Kevin, I just had to do that. :lol:

What a steel at 2 bucks, WOW!!!!! Get it up and running and he will have a blast with it. He is a very fortunate young man to have a mom buying him such a fancy "Push toy" Just goes to show what some people know, or rather, don't know about RC.

Henk :D

I dont mind at all - well actually I do. To start with it is Kelvin not Kevin, Secondly I dont need one as I already have a couple, Thirdly what gives you the cheek to suggest I would try and rip them off? I have never tried that and never would with any one! - I have vented now and will move on.

Possibly I didn't make my views clear enough - What I should have said is that this is a collectable model now and depending on what she wants to spend going forward they might be better with something more modern as these older models cost a lot more to keep going and possibly for what they could get for this(Ebay) they could get a complete RC truck (Tamiya of course) with full radio gear etc which I think would be more suitable for her son. I certainly wouldn't let any of my kids run something this good or old.

I wish Nicole and Zachary (great name Zac as I have an 8 year old boy called Zac also) well with whatever they decide to do with it.

Congratulations, what a terrific bargain!

Now wait til the kid sees that beast running. With that awesome battery set up, I'm sure that BullHead will sure be able to pull a 1:1 car!

Please keep us updated as you make that BullHead run. :D

I dont mind at all - well actually I do. To start with it is Kelvin not Kevin, Secondly I dont need one as I already have a couple, Thirdly what gives you the cheek to suggest I would try and rip them off? I have never tried that and never would with any one! - I have vented now and will move on.

Possibly I didn't make my views clear enough - What I should have said is that this is a collectable model now and depending on what she wants to spend going forward they might be better with something more modern as these older models cost a lot more to keep going and possibly for what they could get for this(Ebay) they could get a complete RC truck (Tamiya of course) with full radio gear etc which I think would be more suitable for her son. I certainly wouldn't let any of my kids run something this good or old.

I wish Nicole and Zachary (great name Zac as I have an 8 year old boy called Zac also) well with whatever they decide to do with it.

So here I made a harmless jest and it is taken seriously as an insult. I have come to believe that we can all make a joke here on TC without anybody getting all riled up. I am not very happy with the way things are going on the forums anymore as people seem to get offended so easily by something that was meant as a joke- note the emoticons after the would be serious accusations.

So this is my appology to KELVIN (Kevin was just a typo on my side). It was a joke, seems you were the only one who didn't see it that way. If there are others who feel that I insulted him in any way I apologise for the misunderstanding. It wasn't meant to be insulting in any way what so ever.

So here I made a harmless jest and it is taken seriously as an insult. I have come to believe that we can all make a joke here on TC without anybody getting all riled up. I am not very happy with the way things are going on the forums anymore as people seem to get offended so easily by something that was meant as a joke- note the emoticons after the would be serious accusations.

So this is my appology to KELVIN (Kevin was just a typo on my side). It was a joke, seems you were the only one who didn't see it that way. If there are others who feel that I insulted him in any way I apologise for the misunderstanding. It wasn't meant to be insulting in any way what so ever.

Duly noted - one should however never jest about ones integrity. Lets move on.

Group Hug for Henk and Kelvin. :) No kicking under the table please! ;):)

Now back to the bull :D:lol:

Edited for poor spelling of names, lol!

Cheers Kelvin. Will take note and make the jest in a less derogatory line next time. Sorry about the whole ordeal and to get back to the Bull, Is it up and running yet?

Henk :lol:

Ya'll are too funny! You guys bicker worse than us women!! LOL!!!!

No, I do not have it up and running yet, but hopefully soon! We have had so much going on

this past month it's been pretty hectic. I haven't forgotten about all of you guys and all

of the great help you've been. I will hopefully get it done soon! Still looking for all of the

parts.

Zachsmom, Nicole

Hi Nicole,

A Bullhead was my first monster truck, and I loved it so much I wore it out and mended it so many times I ended up with a replacement one! Have you got a build manual for it? Its very useful for maintenance when you start taking screws out of it, helps you put it back together right... If not, email me rabiedmushroom@btinternet.com and I can scan mine and send to you as a PDF.

I can promise you you'll feel far less ladylike when you start driving it, its very satisfying stomping it over things!!! ;):P

Suzy