Just thought id share an idea i had while tinkering with Tamiya's.

Below are some examples,

Wish bones mounted to gearboxes

various motor mount oddities

open style ball joints that are sloppy from new

alloy/alu gears

diff outdrives being seperate part

I know some of these are being phased out and i do like Tamiya regardless..these examples just grind my gears! :unsure:

these examples just grind my gears! :unsure:

what really grinds my gears . . . is when you can't find the droids you are looking for :)

:unsure:

what really grinds my gears . . . is when you can't find the droids you are looking for :D

:)

worse still is when some old jedi deceives you and youre left looking! ;)

Just thought id share an idea i had while tinkering with Tamiya's.

Below are some examples,

Wish bones mounted to gearboxes

various motor mount oddities

open style ball joints that are sloppy from new

alloy/alu gears

diff outdrives being seperate part

I know some of these are being phased out and i do like Tamiya regardless..these examples just grind my gears! :D

Yeah, these can be some annoying points.. Especially the soft/alu gears... The open ball joints are mostly gone now, and so is a lot of the slop... I haven't had much trouble with the motor mounts though...

And as for the wishbone mountings to the gearboxes - for some cars I can understand that... It's plainly cheaper to make, and can save space and weight.

The seperate outdrives are not that big of a deal for me but I'm happy they do things differently these days - at least, that's if you mean that the outdrive is seperate from the diff - I can understand why they don't mount the driveshaft to the outdrive like Traxxas do - it makes the car and the rotational mass quite a bit higher, thus the car is less efficient :lol: What I would really like to see though is that Tamiya would start making rubber boots for the dampers, the outdrives and the axle/wheel pivoting ends of the driveshafts (like Team Durango does).

replacement parts on parts trees.

plastic bushings

hard bodies on anything but scalers

monster beetle spiked chevron tires

pogo sticks and other non oil filled shocks

Kits that come with bushings rather than bearings!

oh yeah. What an nuisance.

Pogo stick shocks and the pinion gears. Have so many stripped ones, it not even funny. And we do not have the luxury of aftermarket shops where we can get steel ones. Only the net and then of course we are charged a pretty penny for import duties.

Expensive MFU's and light kits.

Henk :D

Modern kits, where all the parts are just thrown in the box rather than having the old blister packs.......reckon tamiya do it like that, so after you take bits out to "have a look", the only option is to build cos you cant get everything to fit back in!

KingPin

Anything from the year 1997 on with an MSC. Marginally forgivable before then, but only just. :lol:

Steering connected directly to the servo w/o ackerman...

Small e-clips...

Fixed gear ratios...

I problably have more but those are the main ones...

Battery connectors.

Endless recycling of the TT-01 chassis.

The TL-01 chassis.

Re-res on the wrong chassis.

Self-undoing left rear wheelnut on the Pumpkin & Lunchbox.

:lol:

People who sell stuff on ebay showing a box and you think, mmm this might be interesting, only to open it up and see its a crappy, well used beater that just happens to come with the box rather than the NIB kit it first appears to be :lol:

Body clips that have perfected the Ninja art of invisibility and are never seen again after removal. I now have two new packets of assorted ones ready for this dilemma.

Body clips that have perfected the Ninja art of invisibility and are never seen again after removal. I now have two new packets of assorted ones ready for this dilemma.

thats a good one!

I remember when some of the on road cars started coming out,they were mainly buggies with road styled wheels and tyres,so prob 1/8th equiv today.

Kyosho done alot of road cars ,but there approach to mounting the body was pretty neat.

the front mount was like the Tamiya Hummer,the rear mounts were like a sharks fin that aimed up to fit the shell then was sprung to lie down once the shell was on.no clips to loose and easier on the eye too.

would be cool if some newer variation of this was used,i know the current body posts suit 100% of bodies but trimmed poles and clips arent always hidden on the final look.

DISCONTINUED

:mellow: yeah thats a REAL gear grinder right there! i always seem to like a model once its been discontinued for ages and all the "good" parts are worth more than gold!

heres another....tinted/smoked/completely blanked windows on lexan shells....why? dont they want to sell cockpit sets? :)

Tamiya not having an official channel for people to submit ideas for new models.

Now that electric / hybrid vehicles are being developed, not being able to buy a 1:1 scale hotshot for the commute to work :)

What 1:1 scale tamiya would you buy ????????

Tamiya not having an official channel for people to submit ideas for new models.

Now that electric / hybrid vehicles are being developed, not being able to buy a 1:1 scale hotshot for the commute to work :lol:

I would LOVE a 1:1 scale Hornet! tho the rear spikes would prob vibrate you to death if you ran on the road with them!

Now that electric / hybrid vehicles are being developed, not being able to buy a 1:1 scale hotshot for the commute to work :lol:

Since I live in the middle of a desert, it is only proper to have a Blazing Blazer or Sand Scorcher. :D

1. Body posts that stick up above the roofline. It's like seeing a beautiful women on the beach who proceeds to raise her arms and let everyone know she has gone "native".

2. New kit releases that are actually some old rehash chassis with a new floppy body. (or better yet, new decals)..... Yawn........

3. Paying top dollar for NIB vintage parts, just to find out they are really old used take-offs that just happen to be in an old box. (typical response from seller usually goes something like this; Well, someone sold the parts to me and said they were new). Blah, Blah, Blah......

4. Getting cold emails for very rare parts/cars. Sending email replies with detailed photos and descriptions (no prices discussed), and then getting this kind of reply (paraphrased); Well, I would be interested but I've got a line on exactly what I asked you for and I've really just been pulling your chain because that's what I do...... Blah, Blah, Blah.... Or; Hey, I am really interested so lets trade for anything in my showroom (of course the showroom is full of stuff you couldn't give away with free shipping and a ten pound note wrapped around it).

I could write a book for this thread.......... :lol:

front wheels rolling off into the yonder due to broken front axle stubs on my re re frog

front wheels rolling off into the yonder due to broken front axle stubs on my re re frog

B) my Brat ditched its front left after one battery from brand new built!...clean off the upright,wheel shaft still in the wheel! i aint heavy handed and it was propelled by its silver can on fairly flat loose dirt too!

ive pressed it back in but aint ran it again so far so im guessing its gonna fly off again! ah well!

think they may have been made too far in? tightening the wheel nut prob "dragged" it out a touch then physics done the rest! :(