Sign in to follow this  
eL Tee

Srb Re-re + Upright / Axle

I keep on loosing the axle out of the left upright of my re-re SRB (Buggy Champ). The right one is OK.

I've replaced it already twice with a new complete upright (from a Sand Scorcher 2010), but the problem persists.

Any suggestions?

I keep on loosing the axle out of the left upright of my re-re SRB (Buggy Champ). The right one is OK.

I've replaced it already twice with a new complete upright (from a Sand Scorcher 2010), but the problem persists.

Any suggestions?

I believe it´s the same upright as the Frog, of which the re-release has the same problems. You could try if putting it back in with some CA glue works :)

Loctite 601 anaerobic retainer would lock the axle in tight so that it would never come out (well it works on model locomotive wheels and axles in 5" gauge etc. LOL).

Cheers,

Alistair G.

try replacing them with better ones. for instance, the uprights from a madcap fit within the frog brackets. afaik the madcap style upright is a very common tamiya part, used on multiple buggies. (the hornet ones look identical to me...)

Thank you all for the input!

Loctite 603 (the better version off 601) will be used! Thanks for the hint to look into that direction for the solution ;-)