Nice semi (that comment is going to come back and haunt me) I think I need a ebay filter that stops me going online after beer and doesn't allow my good friend "Jack Daniels" to place any bids :rolleyes:

I just received the Heng Long Tank and realised that its as big as the Pumpkin body I was going to mix with it Ah well it only cost me £10 and the fault seems to be a disconnected wire So I have a few choices

1) Repair and re-ebay the tank

2) Repair and build a full track Pumpkin

3) See what's in my spares box and build something daft :)

Will have to have a look

Could you not shorten the tracks?

Got any pictures of the tank?

Will upload a photo when I get a chance. Have had a quick look at the chassis and I maybe able to get away with shortening it but will have to make sure it doesn't cause too much damage to the wheel parts

har har ..the 2000th view ! now you have to finish the 1/2 track now , so many people will expect it ! ..

har har ..the 2000th view ! now you have to finish the 1/2 track now , so many people will expect it ! ..

+1, we're waiting. lol

Will be getting on with it maybe a weird looking thing but its only a trial project if I like it I will spend some cash on it and make a really nice one Hopefully have mate coming over next week to help me with a few things on the build

Will be getting on with it maybe a weird looking thing but its only a trial project if I like it I will spend some cash on it and make a really nice one Hopefully have mate coming over next week to help me with a few things on the build

Good good, so what is the plan?

You know I think this has to be the most eagerly awaited project on the boards at the moment. Everytime I see an update a small part of me shouts out "Plleease let there be pics". It's a bit like a crowd at a football match as a striker takes a shot then misses. There's that "ooooOOOOOOO"... then "OOooooohhh" ;)

I have managed to get some pictures up.

Tank chassis, i have already removed two of the wheels before i chop the chassis may remove a third depending on the size

Side.jpg

Planned lines of chop also i think i will have to cut bits out of the inside to make room

Chop.jpg

Original tank gears whick i am going to take apart as its built round a cheap toy motor

Gear.jpg

The Yellow Pumpkin shell

YellowPumpkin.jpg

These are the tracks that were on the tank (pumpkin wheel for scale) which i am going to have to chop to fix shortened chassis

Tracks.jpg

I was going to use the pumpkin back axle and gearbox but its rather large so will have to have a look about in my spares tub and see what i have in there which i can use. Asking you guys what the better choice is for sticking the chassis back together after i have cleft it in twain

Plastex seems really good, it's designed for plastic bumpers and bike fairings but a few people have used it for shortened tl01 chassis and repairs.

that '' punkin '' body looks almost too good to use ! .. plus you might be in trouble ! the yummy mummy next door brought over her kids little rc sherman tank he got for chrissy . its had the richard and the transmtiter doesnt work but .. she said i could have it if i wanted it . hmm so i said that would just take the tank , thanks ..lol ..

The pumpkin shell was part of a trade from my mate "crazyhare" it was a full chrome pumpkin that had seen better days and after a disastrous oven cleaner stripping episode it was as lumpy as a lumpy thing Thank god for plastikote spray paint as it covers a multitude of sins I am trying to think what gearbox to put in the tank chassis Any one got any ideas ?

I think that will depend on how you plan on steering the beast, you relying on the front wheels or some kind or track braking system?

I have a slim gearbox from a Nikko Evolution 1/10 car that you can have if you want. It has standard dogbone sized outdrives and just needs a motor. (I have the pinion still, it's a push fit steel one)

PM me a phone number and I will send you a couple of pictures if you want.

Hi, I am new so please go easy!!

So i was thinking of this last night, don't know why but i was. maybe it was because i came across a Mystery machine from macD's that had half track and ski's at the front. Have you thought about using some stock wheels mounted on a plate that has some smaller wheels/cogs on this. they would of course be free wheeling and the only power would come from the main wheel at the rear. the belt would then be tight around the other cogs/wheels and therefore driven by the main cog/wheel. you would possibly need to up the tourqe on it thou.

You could steer it if you replace the front tyres with something with more grip, maybe Dagger/ Monster Beetle, and then mount the battery closer to the front wheels so they get more weight on them.

Everyone

Sorry i have neglected to update this build but have had a lot of stuff to do at work and a new kitten who loves knicking bits of rc cars and dropping them all over the house (esc + barefeet = pain). I have cut the tank chassis in half and i am getting ready to fill the gap in with milliput (on way from ebay) I will put some pictures up over the weekend of the cut chassis and if possible loosely put it together so you can all get and idea. I did not expect to have so many people interested in this build. Thanks to everyone for your ideas and comments

You had one of those ideas that we all have from time to time, you are just mad enough to actually try and make it work.

Does it look like the gearbox will fit okay?

Tony.

MMmmmm, the mad ideas are the best. My brother (not sure why) bought me a rere BigTrak for christmas which has lain unopened since. I keep wondering whether I could open it up, chuck a hot motor and some radio gear in it and see what happens.

Certainly not as ingenious as a half track Lunchy, but silly nonetheless.

And don't worry about updates, gives us something to look forward to when we do get one :)

Sorry to everyone for not updateing my build on here, but I have been dealing with solicitors and the courts over access rights to my son and I have just been diagnosed with "Aspergers Syndrome" so unfortunately I have had little or no time to get anything done Will post some pictures tonight as I would like some advice on how to mount the gear box in the chop down chassis Then its just a simple case of connecting it to the Lunchbox / Pumpkin and applying power

I think the next time I get a idea like this i may just file it under insane ideas

Sorry to everyone for not updateing my build on here, but I have been dealing with solicitors and the courts over access rights to my son and I have just been diagnosed with "Aspergers Syndrome" so unfortunately I have had little or no time to get anything done Will post some pictures tonight as I would like some advice on how to mount the gear box in the chop down chassis Then its just a simple case of connecting it to the Lunchbox / Pumpkin and applying power

I think the next time I get a idea like this i may just file it under insane ideas

I know what you mean. I've just spent the best part of 3 years building my steel king tiger, it ran for 6 minutes before eating the 90degree drives. I've now got to chuck out about 8weeks worth of work and do a complete design of the transmission. I'll look forward to seeing pics of the gearbox, etc.

:blink: