TWINSET

New Competition - Concourse

RC Champ have donated a cracking prize for this comp; A TRF201 competition chassis kit

201.jpg

Voting now open

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/awards.asp

Click on the the pic you want to vote for then, from the drop-down box (just above the description), cast your vote.

You can vote for up to three different entries, competition entrants must vote to be eligible to win.

Good luck all :D

Whats the theme? Concourse

We want to see your favourite model looking at its absolute best, parading itself in pristine condition. Any model will eligible.

What are the rules?

Theme specific rules:

• Only one photo can be entered.
  • THE MODEL MUST BE OUTSIDE
  • THE MODEL MUST BE FULLY BUILT
  • THE MODEL MUST NOT BE IN A DISPLAY CASE OR ON A SHELF.
  • THE MODEL MUST BE STATIONARY - no jumps or movement at all.
  • The pictures must be in your tamiyaclub showroom (no external links)
  • The pictures must not have been used in a competition before
  • It may help your entry if your description includes a little background info
  • You may use paint packages to crop, rotate, sharpen, enhance colours etc but your cannot use them to make the model look like it is somewhere it is not or to add additional elements beyond borders or text
  • You need to enter a model into the competition before end of the August 31st 2010
  • You must vote by Sunday 12th September.

General rules:

• You must have taken the photo or it be of one of your models and have permission to use it.
  • You must vote if you want to be in with a chance of winning yourself.

You first entry is your final entry, you cannot change you mind or enter a different item later (even if you entered the wrong thing by mistake)

Its up to YOU to make sure your entry complies. If we see any which we do not feel complies they will be removed. We will attempt to contact you about this but this cannot be garaunteed, so you are responsible to check your entry is still there as the closing date approaches. If you entry is removed you will be welcome to enter a different photo.

As always, if you enter, please make sure that your entry shows up on the comp screen within 10 minutes of entering

Once voting has started nothing can or will be done to add an entry, regardless of how early you added it to your showroom

CONGRATULATIONS

Skottoman !!!

Top 20 results; http://tamiyaclub.com/awards_last.asp

img22013_15082010235227_1.jpg

COOOOOOOOOOL!

Nice prize :) Thank you TC and RC Champ!

I entered yesterday but now nothing is showing up in the entry list :D

Can you have a look please Andy?

Thanks!

1. Great Competition Prize (ME WANTS!!!!!! Even though I already own one :D)

2. Finally a Competition in which I have the feeling I can compete!

3. Wait and see... I think I have just the perfect car for this... It's already in my showroom, but let's just say that the car has had a small, rare and genuine Tamiya hopup makeover :) Can you guess it yet? :)

COOOOOOOOOOL!

Nice prize :) Thank you TC and RC Champ!

I entered yesterday but now nothing is showing up in the entry list :D

Can you have a look please Andy?

Thanks!

I already replied to your mail last night, a boat out on water is not part of the brief on this one, so was removed from the comp

The model used needs to be stationary, as if presented for concourse/concours judging.

There's no need for fancy effects, simulated action or anything else that may spring to mind, just a straightforward pic of your model, stationary taken from an angle you think shows it's best side.

I think on this one, the photographer's eye will play as much a part in the result as the model photographed.

Hmmm, it seems that I'm too stupid to enter the competition. :D

I clicked the icon on the main page in order to enter the comp, was taken to my showroom but what comes next??

Thanks in advance for a hint.

Hmmm, it seems that I'm too stupid to enter the competition. :D

I clicked the icon on the main page in order to enter the comp, was taken to my showroom but what comes next??

Thanks in advance for a hint.

When it takes you to your showroom, open the model you want to enter and click the link to enter it

The easiest way through the process is click the "I understand and wish to enter" link here; http://www.tamiyaclub.com/awards.asp

The entry process is quite repetitive, but deliberately so, as in the early days people were 'accidentally' entering the wrong model - the chances of accidentally entering now are greatly reduced unless a troupe of hamsters do the can-can across your keyboard and a parrot assaults your mouse (this will only be accepted as 'what happened' if accompanied by photographic proof)

Hi Andy,

Must there only be one model in the photo?

All the best

Chris

Looks like it "THE MODEL" - and "We want to see you favourite model looking at its absolute best, parading itself in pristine condition. Any model will eligible. " would suggest so, as they're in the 'singular'

Further to my last post, you've not entered correctly unless you get Your showroom item has now been entered into the competition. Please be sure to check out the other entrants. on screen

Once you got that, go to http://www.tamiyaclub.com/awards.asp

my 'entry' is there already, so it should show up pretty much instantly - my entry's just a test and will be removed as soon as I find the code to remove it :D

I already replied to your mail last night, a boat out on water is not part of the brief on this one, so was removed from the comp

The model used needs to be stationary, as if presented for concourse/concours judging.

There's no need for fancy effects, simulated action or anything else that may spring to mind, just a straightforward pic of your model, stationary taken from an angle you think shows it's best side.

I think on this one, the photographer's eye will play as much a part in the result as the model photographed.

Well there was nothing fancy or manipulated - it is a photo of the boat. Pity the comp is being limited to cars - it would be nice to be able to show off some of the more special Tamiya models, but I guess not this time.

I didn't receive any email or pm btw. Not to worry though, your post is the answer.

Best of luck to all entry's.

Use a photo of the boat on it's display stand and I'm sure that would comply with the rules of this competition. Being a boat has nothing to do with why it was removed, it was an action shot and needs to be a stationary photo.

my photo is of taxi-ing ie slightly moving.....would that count for stationary Concorde? oh wait a minute...its concourse....what am i supposed to do with this jet in my driveway?!

guess that rules out my British Airways writing paper too.....Concorde stationary

All mention of 'car' should now be removed from the rules :)

So Andy just to confirm then, the rules for the competition are basically what it says under the heading 'competition rules' yes? :o

So Andy just to confirm then, the rules for the competition are basically what it says under the heading 'competition rules' yes? :o

No, that would be too easy

Ummm.. I can't seem to enter either - log on, follow link to showroom in Admin mode, choose model to enter...er...there isn't a button for this? Not that I can see on my screen anyway!

Using Firefox if this is an issue?

Cheers,

Tim.

Ummm.. I can't seem to enter either - log on, follow link to showroom in Admin mode, choose model to enter...er...there isn't a button for this? Not that I can see on my screen anyway!

Using Firefox if this is an issue?

Cheers,

Tim.

Did you follow the instructions in the link above?

Also, make sure the showroom entry you want to use only has one pic in it - all of your showroom entries at the moment have two or more pics.

Theme specific rules:

• Only one photo can be entered.

Aha, so I have to create a new showroom entry of some description with just one photo in it? List all the model details again? Does the text I enter in the new showroom entry then get carried forward to show as my competition text?

Sorry - first comp entry! :-)

Aha, so I have to create a new showroom entry of some description with just one photo in it? List all the model details again? Does the text I enter in the new showroom entry then get carried forward to show as my competition text?

yes.

I think concourse is a bizarre theme for a TC competition but I eventually polished mine up and took some photos - it doesn't matter how many concourse there are in the photo does it?

conkers.jpg

Looks like you're sorted on the showroom side of it, but you've not entered the competition yet - Always check here http://www.tamiyaclub.com/awards.asp to make sure you're entered.

If your entry's not there, you didn't enter.

How to enter; http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=58115

I think concourse is a bizarre theme for a TC competition but I eventually polished mine up and took some photos - it doesn't matter how many concourse there are in the photo does it?

Does anyone know the number for Buzz's carer?

conkers.jpg

ROFLMAO!!!