MAD RACER

Favourite Vintage Buggy Name / Slogan.

Ok let me know whats your favourite vintage name/ slogan or the one you hate the most.

Mine are Slogans ANY TIME BABY.

NO GUTS NO GLORY

Love the insects names too like,

FROG, FOX, HORNET, GRASSHOPPER.

and i love TERROR CONQUEROR name.

Whats yours.????

Terror? Conqueror, or Terra Conqueror?

Terra: The Latin, Portuguese, Italian, Romanian, Occitan, and Catalan name for the planet Earth.

In other words, 'Earth' or 'Ground' Conqueror.

Tamiya do come up with some good model names and wing slogans though, more prominent in the older models but they do occasionally hit a winner of a name with a modern buggy. Dark Impact, Rising Storm, Gravel Hound as examples of some of the noteworthy modern buggys. My favourites are still The Fox and The Grasshopper. 'Anytime Baby' on the Hornet wing makes me smile everytime I see it.

• Like 1

Barf'n Berry on the Dyna Storm "Blow'n up a Storm" :D Great Buggy name and slogans. Vanessa's Lunch Box too. Is this the only Tamiya vehicle driven by a female ??

2nd is "No Guts No Glory"

Has a special place in my heart, because the Frog was my first car. But I always thought the Fox and Hornet were much cooler car names.

- James

Barf'n Berry on the Dyna Storm "Blow'n up a Storm" :D Great Buggy name and slogans. Vanessa's Lunch Box too. Is this the only Tamiya vehicle driven by a female ??

The Dyna Storm has a great name, a less great driver name but still nice, however it does have a nice Slogan again.

I also like the names Super Astute and Terra Conqueror :) All 3 are also great looking cars by the way!

PS: The Fox is also a nice name - And although not everyone may agree, The Levant is also a nice name - shame it's such an ugly car!

"Its Neat to be NUTS" by a loooooong shot.

2nd is "No Guts No Glory"

:D

Absolutely !

No Guts no Glory is pretty good too

Stomping Around was the slogan from the hood of my blackfoot.

Hog Heaven was my favorite decal

Venessa's Lunchbox is a close second in both.

Gee i never knew that the lunch box was the only female Tamiya name.

Learn somthing every day.

Not sure if you'd classify this as a slogan (thought it was more of a brand slogan for Yokohama but cant find anything on google)...

But "Technology On A Fast Track" is one worth noting :( (can I get an "Amen" Rob?) :)

and "Truckin' Time" lol

...hey, everyones picked the good buggy ones!

the Grasshopper II when fitted with a 540 and 16t pinion has a very appropriate slogan...Im Hopping Mad!! ..and it is! full throttle,just sits there hopping...mad! :)

Isn't it "Being NUTS is NEAT"?

Yes it is. At least on the Avante anyways...

The Avante also had a good drive name with "Paranoid Perry". I would paranoid too driving such an expensive/complicated rig... :blink:

BTW: For the record, I must say the following. I always felt the Vanquish really got hosed when it came it's wing slogan as well as the drivers name. Evert Edwards sounds like a real person's name and is no fun whatsoever. And the wing slogan of "AWAY" is just lame. It's so lame they didn't even use it on the pre-production models. On the build manuals cover you can see the original slogan of "Up Up and AWAY", which seems a little better. Can't imagine why they changed it...

I also have to give a shout out to the Egress. The wing slogan of "Way Out Running" is decent, but the driver's name takes the cake: Hairy Ogre!

Yes it is. At least on the Avante anyways...

The Avante also had a good drive name with "Paranoid Perry". I would paranoid too driving such an expensive/complicated rig... :lol:

BTW: For the record, I must say the following. I always felt the Vanquish really got hosed when it came it's wing slogan as well as the drivers name. Evert Edwards sounds like a real person's name and is no fun whatsoever. And the wing slogan of "AWAY" is just lame. It's so lame they didn't even use it on the pre-production models. On the build manuals cover you can see the original slogan of "Up Up and AWAY", which seems a little better. Can't imagine why they changed it...

the things you learn eh!

i had never noticed that before! its a good point tho...AWAY? its rather random to say the least.

my nephew showed me youtube clips of a viral called shoop da woop...i figured it would be a cool wing slogan for a modern buggy........"am a firin' ma laser!" :blink:

im lovin the slogan quotes so far!

born wild=Falcon

anytime baby=Frog

its neat to be nuts=Avante

and yes i made the first one!! :blink:

im lovin the slogan quotes so far!

born wild=Falcon

anytime baby=Frog

its neat to be nuts=Avante

and yes i made the first one!! :blink:

Anytime baby = The Hornet :lol:

Please don't shoot me!! Although I love my Tamiya's, love most of the car's names, I can't stand the silly(just my opinion) names of the drivers & wing slogans. In fact the first thing I do when a new built car turns up is peel these stickers off within minutes of unpacking them. I can understand other people liking them but struggle with them myself. They are a bit too quirky for me. Sorry!!

I would think that my signature says it all about MY favourite wing-slogan. :)

Other than this one, i like the "No guts, No glory" from the Frog, which was also my very first Tamiya-car. ;)

Cheers..

Michael