Sign in to follow this  
Casper171072

Re-re Ranger

For the purposes of anyone important who may be watching, i.e Mr Tamiya.

Please please Please will you re release the Ford ranger. If you were to do this I would be a good boy for ever more and I solomly promis that for the first time ever I will buy two kits!

Its my favourite favourite and I would really like to have it again.

I know that other people on the forum say it it not their favourite but the vast majority of those people are lying, and the few others are in denial

so it makes sence to do this and make a little boy happy.

Thankyou sir

Richard Thorley age 6years (that last bit may not be quite true but dont tell anyone)

Been thinking that the ranger must follow, the chassis is already in production, the body is thanks to the blackfoot 3, so its got to be a must be for sure.

Been thinking that the ranger must follow, the chassis is already in production, the body is thanks to the blackfoot 3, so its got to be a must be for sure.

Or you can just buy them two items & make your own ;) .

Would be a fun project :)

I'd also love to see this - the Ranger was the first Tamiya I ever saw, Halfords in about 1981. I could only afford the 1/24th scale kit that was available at the time.

Would it be possible to take a Blackfoot, paint it in Ranger box art, lower the body posts, and fit original Ranger (or Brat) wheels...?

Would it be possible to take a Blackfoot, paint it in Ranger box art, lower the body posts, and fit original Ranger (or Brat) wheels...?

I don't think this will work. With smaller wheels, you will have to deal with the gearing of the WR-01 Blackfoot III chassis, which is said to make the car pretty slow even with big wheels on a kit silvercan. Or did you had a Blackfoot I in mind? Then you'll have to use a Frog or Brat gearbox for smaller wheels and think about the front shock towers.

The expensive way: Get a re-re Sand Scorcher or Buggy Champ, get a BFIII bodyset (though I don't know if it's available as spare parts yet) or a vintage BFI bodyset, re-re Brat wheels+tires and vintage (or selfmade) F-150 Ranger bodymounts for SRB chassis.

The cheap way: Get a re-re Subaru Brat as chassis base and a BFIII or BFI bodyset. Though I'm not sure about the bodymounts, you'll have to find out how to make the body sit right. Going this way will give you a proper rear suspension without crazy camber angles.

However, the BFI, Super BF and BFIII come with tinted windows in contrast to the clear SRB F-150 Ranger windows.

Here's something I started sometime ago and never got around to finishing (yet). It's a TA-02 with a Super Blackfoot shell. I made the FORD lettering on the hood using styrene sheet. The rear door is from a Blackfoot. One of the pics shows the body mount.

F150a.jpg

F150b.jpg

F150c.jpg

post-6402-1320233359_thumb.jpg

post-6402-1320233388_thumb.jpg

post-6402-1320233404_thumb.jpg

Your lettering is great. Plus, it is now a proper 4WD. Looks nice, I hope you'll find time to finish it. ;)

I don't think this will work. With smaller wheels, you will have to deal with the gearing of the WR-01 Blackfoot III chassis, which is said to make the car pretty slow even with big wheels on a kit silvercan. Or did you had a Blackfoot I in mind? Then you'll have to use a Frog or Brat gearbox for smaller wheels and think about the front shock towers.

The expensive way: Get a re-re Sand Scorcher or Buggy Champ, get a BFIII bodyset (though I don't know if it's available as spare parts yet) or a vintage BFI bodyset, re-re Brat wheels+tires and vintage (or selfmade) F-150 Ranger bodymounts for SRB chassis.

The cheap way: Get a re-re Subaru Brat as chassis base and a BFIII or BFI bodyset. Though I'm not sure about the bodymounts, you'll have to find out how to make the body sit right. Going this way will give you a proper rear suspension without crazy camber angles.

However, the BFI, Super BF and BFIII come with tinted windows in contrast to the clear SRB F-150 Ranger windows. <<<< He is asking for them to make a re re F-150 , so it would NOT come out the same if they did it .

I should have said my post above in more detail , Or you can just buy them two items & make your own dry.gif .

Would be a fun project cool.gif. <<<<<<<< SRB re re & the BF3 body set & bingo you have your own RE RE F-150 . Would look good in F150 blue color with the BF3 stickers ;) .

I wish i had the time & money , I would have done this my self . Would make my own re re F-150 2011- 2012 . As you could make it the way you want it to look .

Then again , hotshot came out & NO supershot . Boomerang came out & NO super sabre . frog/brat did come out & NO MB , BF etc came & yet all

is there in chassis , diff etc . Tamiya never seam to make sense , except making a mess . BF3 that chassis don't line up with the body , Sand rover

chassis don't line up with the body etc . Look at the mess of the Vajra :) .

I wasn't thinking that far ahead (!) and had clean forgotten that the original BF I was basically a Brat. But using the most recent BF III the lower effective gearing as a result of the much smaller wheels would allow the fitment of, say, a Super Stock motor without having to worry about stressing it out...

I guess I was thinking of the the cheapest way to get a F150 lookalike that runs OK (and would have great torque at the wheels). Not 4WD, but neither was the original, so that's probably OK :)

Then just use a Brat chassis and a Blackfoot/Ranger bodyset of your choice* - from looking at the Brat's manual, it shouldn't be too tough to make the BF body fit on the Brat's front and rear body mounts. (But I haven't tested this yet) :)

Lowering the BF body on a WR-01 chassis won't be looking good (the wheelbase mismatch will be more apparent), and so I suspect the tires to be rubbing on the on the body when the suspension is compressed. Rear Brat wheels would only fit by using some kind of adaptor for old wheels on new axles (or by replacing axles). In the end, it would just be a mess.

*Do you want to use an original Blackfoot/Ranger body with Ford branding at the tailgate and bonnet, or will the Super BF/BFIII body do the job?

or use an older blackfoot with frog gears.

skip