Flawed

Futaba Attack R Fp-t2nbr

This should be an easy question for somebody out there... I've done a bit of searching and I'm pretty confident I've answered it myself but I want to be doubley sure before buying one.

Am I right in thinking that the FUTABA ATTACK R FP-T2NBR is an AM Tx and will work using a 27Mhz crystal?

Thanks

I had one that is even an earlier release model.

I just love them. I had one when I was a kid, and I'm on a retro kick!

This should be an easy question for somebody out there... I've done a bit of searching and I'm pretty confident I've answered it myself but I want to be doubley sure before buying one.

Am I right in thinking that the FUTABA ATTACK R FP-T2NBR is an AM Tx and will work using a 27Mhz crystal?

Thanks

If the thing was originally on a 27MHz channel it will work, if it was 72/75MHz it won't, IIRC, the thing was sold in all 3 frequencies. The other issue you have is if the thing was built before 91 and is not a 27MHz it won't comply to the narrow band rules unless it was upgraded and has a gold sticker on the back.

I just love them. I had one when I was a kid, and I'm on a retro kick!

Same here, this Attack series is one my favourite radio, I have 2xFP-T2NBL, 1xFP-T2NBR and have a busted FP-T2NBFR which I am currently on the lookout for another. I also enjoy the Magnums and Megatechs of the same era (of which I have a few also). :)

Just be careful if buying from the States as more of the ground stuff I believe was 75mhz AM

Same here, this Attack series is one my favourite radio, I have 2xFP-T2NBL, 1xFP-T2NBR and have a busted FP-T2NBFR which I am currently on the lookout for another. I also enjoy the Magnums and Megatechs of the same era (of which I have a few also). :o

Just be careful if buying from the States as more of the ground stuff I believe was 75mhz AM

i was reading this thread and actually went through some of the items i don't use and ran across a fp-t2nbr transmitter and a fp-t2p transmitter. great pieces of vintage r/c that actually still work. i think i have the receivers to these.

Thanks

If it's from the UK then yes T2NBR was 27MHz, AM.

Manual for it is here ;-

http://manuals.hobbico.com/fut/2nbl-2nbr-2nbfr-manual.pdf

http://www.futaba-rc.com/manuals/

Cheers,

Alistair G.

Many thanks guys for all your input. I was pretty sure about the 27Mhz, but would have been really annoyed if I bought it to find I'd missed something and in fact it wasn't going to work for me. It should be here next week some time, and even though it's old now, and this maybe shows my age, I still think the silver Attack series is one of the best looking sets of Tx's. :o

If it's from the UK then yes T2NBR was 27MHz, AM.

Manual for it is here ;-

http://manuals.hobbico.com/fut/2nbl-2nbr-2nbfr-manual.pdf

http://www.futaba-rc.com/manuals/

Cheers,

Alistair G.

You have a link to the US version of the manual. If you take the first column of page 2 in the pdf as gospel, it would mean there are no 40MHz Attack radios which clearly is not true.

Best thing to do would be to ask the seller to take a look at the back of the radio itself. Hopefully the ID and Serial Number sticker/plate will still be on the back identifying what frequency it is on.

i was reading this thread and actually went through some of the items i don't use and ran across a fp-t2nbr transmitter and a fp-t2p transmitter. great pieces of vintage r/c that actually still work. i think i have the receivers to these.

Very cool! :lol:

As we are discussing the Futaba Attack series, am I right in thinking that the control sticks are removable? I think I have some gold additions lying around somewhere that might look a tad tasty on there.

Hi all, I reached this discussion while wondering how to solve the issue I probably have with the FP-R102JE receiver on my Vanquish. 

The freq is 75830 Mhz, and I have crystals both on the transmitter and in the receiver. 

I was now wondering if I could change both crystals and the receiver switching to 40 Mhz FM, but I'm not sure it will work. 

Finding the new 75 Mhz receiver is almost impossible, but the Attack-R FP-T2NBR is still perfectly working and I'd like not to throw it away.. 

Ciao from Italy!