Sign in to follow this  
bholio

Servo plugs?

Anyone know where I can buy servo plugs to plug into a futaba receiver? I have some hitec servos and some futaba receivers and I would like to be able to connect them. I think most modern servos and receivers are interchangable if you fix the plug. In the past, I've used a dremel to modify plugs to make them fit, but that's cheesy.

I'm really just looking for the platic plug body, so I can remove the wires and metal terminators from the existing plugs and clip them into the new ones.

I usually velcro my receivers/escs and move them around, but some cars are harder than others to access the electronics. And, I (somehow) have plenty of receviers.

I know there's a few diagrams online showing the relative pin placements and even a list or two of compatibility!

I'd try the LHS or an electronics wholesaler type place...

In the end though for some of mine I simply used square headers from a electronics shop and shaved coners to suit the Rx I was using.

You should be able to just plug the Hitec servo into the Futaba receiver with no modification. Unless you have the very old Futaba "G" type plugs. I do this all the time. I even use my JR servos with my Futaba and Hitec receivers. To use a Futaba servo I just shave the flange on the egde of the servo plug off. The only servos and receivers I am aware of that are of differing wire scheme are older Airtronics (Sanwa) which you simply shave off some of the plug and switch the red and black wire. The newer Airtronics Z type are the same as JR/Hitec's plug and just work with everything else. There is a nice tutorial on the Novak web site on how to swap the wires.

Mike N

You should be able to buy spare servo leads from your LHS. Most should stock plugs for all the common brands, and probably easier to find than "spareparts for my Tamiya car".

Also cheap and easy to mailorder, if you have to.

quote:
Originally posted by Twmaster

...There is a nice tutorial on the Novak web site on how to swap the wires.

id="quote">id="quote">

Novak's plugs are made to be interchangeable, so that's made easy.

Out there in the real world, obviously the plastics are different but there's also 2 types of connector pin (which aren't interchangeable). Its near impossible to try stuffing one type of pin into the plastics of the another.

Sometimes its easier to just solder on a new servo lead. [:I]

Willy, my point was that it is trivial to swap the wires around inside of your existing plug to make it compatioble with other brands. I have a pair of airtronic servos in my Frog on a Traxxas receiver. worked like a charm, just had to change the order of the wires.

Ya, we too!! Got heaps of different brands all intermixed.

We still use some ancient KO receivers too; these old KO/Sanwa (pre 'blue', pre 'black') plugs are HUGE so the holes are big enough to fit *anything*... just gotta swap the wires, very carefully. [:D]

quote:
Originally posted by WillyChang

Ya, we too!! Got heaps of different brands all intermixed.

We still use some ancient KO receivers too; these old KO/Sanwa (pre 'blue', pre 'black') plugs are HUGE so the holes are big enough to fit *anything*... just gotta swap the wires, very carefully. [
:D
]

id="quote">id="quote">

Hehe, and I thought I was a packrat! [:P]

Packrat?? No way!!! [:D]

Worst are those orange Futaba "F" plugs though... they just don't fit anything else!!! [V]