slimmy

What Do You Want Done With Your Models When Your Gone

Has any one ever thought about what they would like done with your vintage collection when you are gone. I hope this is not to morbid of a topic. But I often wonder what will become of some of my most loved Items. Some of my vintage vehicles I have several thousand dollars invested in. And the thought of some kid buying one at a yard sale for 50 bucks and then beating the heck out of it, bothers me. Does any one else feel this way? does any one know of a museum that a person can donate his most valuable cars to? It would be nice knowing that others could visit a museum and see some of my models years after I'm gone.

give to kids (if they want it and appreciate it)

give to friends (if they want it and appreciate it)

or take it with me either fire or burial

Build a big Pyramid and take them all with me !

Got to have something for the after life :)

does any one know of a museum that a person can donate his most valuable cars to? It would be nice knowing that others could visit a museum and see some of my models years after I'm gone.

I think there are two members here with museums of Tamiya:

loaded & hong kong

:).

I've already specified in my latest will and testament how they should be split between my 2 kids. That goes for my static model collection too.

I teach them to appreciate these and so I hope they will show the same respect.

Henk :)

As I am only 14 I havent realy put much thought into this one. I the future if I have children I probbaly leave them to them.

well atm me and my friend have an aggrememnt that if he goes first then i will give his mrs a ball park figure for all his models before his sister comes and robs them all and probly just bn them and if i go first he will give my daughter money for all my kit :)

My Partner wants me to write a list out of each car and how much i think it should sell on flea bay.

I really dont know what will happen as she hates my r/c habit..

I'll most likely sell them way before that time.

I'll most likely sell them way before that time.

let me be the first to say: "dibs on your collection of fancy tecnacraft wheels" :o

Every car with a stock 540, same battery and a 10 race series for winner take all at the very end. Reverse grid for every other race. and the last place drivers in each race get to pick something to keep :o

Love 'em and use em.

Otherwise Mikey owner of modellzona.com gets to keep them all to complete the worlds nicest complete first 100 Tamiya collection in any Tamiya dealer shop outside of Japan (everyone should go visit if they can at least one time). Esp the Black porsche that he still asks me about every year ;):D

Build a big Pyramid and take them all with me !

Got to have something for the after life ;)

+1 over here! :o

I'm planning out my tomb already, complete with several tracks (1:10 scale Nurbergring, off-road 'stadium' track, drag strip, 'mountain pass' drift track and crawler climb) and display cases all containing at least 1 New Built and 1 NIB each for all the Tamiya RC's (or at least the first 150! ;) ). Now who do I have to kill in order to afford all of this? :o:D

I have 4 adult children .They have basically already picked out what they want and laid claim to them ,They know how much I cheerish my kits and there value and I respect whatever they want to do with them if they want to build them thats fine if they want to keep them in the box that is fine also if they want to sell them I support that as well.

But my wife has said if I go first and she remains she will get the lot and the kids will have to do a lot of sucking up .

Stuart.

This is a hard one.. I have no family or friends who are into Tamiya or a local club. Perhaps in the distant future I could be loaded into an aluminium casket with all my kits and launched into space in an ion drive starship aimed at the nearest star system introducing Tamiya RC to another civilisation. With the casket will be a note advising the aliens never to purchase Tamiya kits from cty300 on Ebay.

... With the casket will be a note advising the aliens never to purchase Tamiya kits from cty300 on Ebay....

Hahahaha :o

Good Topic! I had thought about it before... My good lady Kelly knows the value of each of my cars so if I'm gone at least I know they won't be at a boot sale for $4... :lol: The other thing is that I have identified this as a potential life hobby for me, if I were to continue at my average rate of 1 car a month for the next 42 years till I'm 75 I'll have 574 cars with perhaps an average value of maybe $400, kiwi that would equate to about $230,000 kiwi or maybe $165,000 US, course perhaps the values might have gone up by then if Tamiya doesn't re-release them on a 30 year cycle :lol: lol...

I had envisaged owning my own substancial RC track by the time I'm 75, I'll either get my long time TC friends to come over and thrash the heck out of them in a 1 year endurance race or... I'll sell them all, buy a vintage 2010 model 1:1 Porsche and drive at tremedous speed with possibly impaired vision and slowed reaction times :P

Who wants to come round mine for the TC oldtimers vintage Enduro Summer 2052 New Zealand, leave your details here, I'll be in touch later :lol: Funny thing is I'm probably serious!!!

James ;)

Well I could take a small (huge!) detour next time I'm over to NZ to do some snowboarding lol. I'd just have to clean the dirt off the Monster Beetle tyres really well after the track day or I'll get in trouble with Australian customs on the way back :lol:

Heya Novastar, I'm a temporary Aussie at the moment in Melbourne for the next several years... I will be back in New Zealand in time at least for my 75th but most likely a lot sooner!!! Yup you can come to my vintage enduro later on!

James

I still want to donate mine to a museum. But i really dont think there is one. So i guess my brothers wife gets to sell them on ebay for a 100 dollars a piece and buy her new boyfriend a new car to sit in my brothers Driveway. :lol:

I had envisaged owning my own substancial RC track by the time I'm 75, I'll either get my long time TC friends to come over and thrash the heck out of them in a 1 year endurance race or...

Are you assuming we will have year-lasting battery packs when we are 75 or...?

I can see it now, the youth whizzing past on their hoverboards *enter The Jetsons spaceship noise here* and us yelling "Slow down you hooligans!" shaking our fists as they kick dust all over our 380 powered grasshoppers mechanical speed controls...

If my Missus doesn't want them, Ideally I would like to send the vintage ones to certain good people who 1, I think deserve them 2, would look after them, 3, have touched my life/become good friends with :blink: The rest would be sold off

I still want to donate mine to a museum. But i really dont think there is one. So i guess my brothers wife gets to sell them on ebay for a 100 dollars a piece and buy her new boyfriend a new car to sit in my brothers Driveway. :lol:

Better do it fast as Dec. 2012 is just around the corner. Or if you just 14 or have a small collection, don't worry about it. On the other have if you are over 50 and has a large valuable collection, you will know what to do with it.

If your 21 year old wife sells you collect for $1.00 after you are gone at 80, someone here will write up in the forum how he snagged a museum quality collection for a buck...Tamiya lives on :blink:

Personally, I would give them to my children if they are interested or grandchildren if they exist before my expirary date, else likely just sell them.