Swarm

Should The Item You Buy Off Ebay Be The Item You Get ?

Hey guys .

My wife just recieved a message in her email from paypal .

The investigation has ended (they did not even ask me for pictures or evidence) they have decided that I should send the kit back at my expense to get a refund no suprises there really .

*click to send the item back with tracking and insurance.

*click to cancel the dispute.

We clicked cancel the dispute ...Once you do this the case can't be re-opened ....Clicked it anyway its not like I had a huge amount of options anyway.

Case closed.

We have faxed the bank the paperwork for the credit card chargeback ,I will also persue this with ebay just because its wrong.

We have not closed down my wife's paypal account as yet as we are unsure what will happen if the bank tries for a refund from paypal or CTY300 we don't know if they will need to access our credit card linked to my wife's paypal account or if they will refund us the money and persue the case with paypal or CTY300 as a seperate entity .

This has not been easy it has stressed out my wife ,mainly because I will not let this go its a matter of principals lets just say we have had words ourselves and she believes me to be a very hard person with a strong will.

I will report him to ebay in fact I did the other day put in a complaint but typically they still have not gotten back to me .I will endervour to do it again .

It feels pretty bad when you know your right and some grub on the otherside of the world knows they have ripped you off and they think they have gotten away with it and to rub salt in the wound a company who says they protect their valued customers Paypal find in the frauds favour ditto with ebay who could not care less as long as it does not affect their bottom line.

I agree James word of mouth travels fast ,If this seller had already been in the bad traders forum like he should be I would not be typing this out now as I would have steered clear of him.

Thanks again guys for all your support .

The Fat lady isn't singing yet !!!!

Stuart.

Sorry to hear about this one Stu, hope it all works out. Kinda glad he blacklisted me form buying off him. May be if we all bought a cheap part off him then left neg feedback you could sink his feedback score.......

It seems paypal did say what was expected, thats the way they work im afraid.

Regards CTY300 bragging about people will buy from him anyway as too big?, he is not actually that big lol, he is actually a small player in the market and his sales will now likely take an even bigger nosedive than previously happened.

Short sighted seller with no moral backbone im afraid, let him suffer.

Cheers

Regards all going on ebay and buying off him just to leave Neg is not a great idea as this can quite easily backfire if you sell seomething yourself, he could easily get one of his mates to do same and it soon spirals out of control, feedback is for actual facts about the transaction, its not there for revenge purposes.

Cheers

Well I tied up the banks fax machine up for a good hour and a half today 12 pages later and it was done I think I would have cost them a few ink cartridges as well .

I also think the bank will not want to really upset a valued customer its not like I have done this before and with all the pictures of how the kit looked on ebay and how it looked when I got it with all the marks on it as I pointed out to the bank so they can clearly see its not the same kit and the email from the seller saying it was a different kit all this evidence might strenghten my case against him ....hopefully it will take the wind out of his sails and knock him down a peg or two .

Anyway its all in black and white and in their hands now I have nothing to hide time will tell .

Stuart.

Dude,

Sorry to hear that this has happened to you and the pictures from the actual listing and that of what you received are totally different. :P Others have given you great advice already as to what you could do none more so than your wife: BUILD IT. :lol:

Now I'm not as lucky a collector as most on this forum, but I'd tend to agree with your wife, build it and be done with it. The lesson to be learned however is one that my dad taught me a long time ago about making purchases of any significant value, and he said make sure you can buy the item from somewhere you can go back and complain in person because shops do not like the embarrassment of a complaining customer. My dad is 100% right in this and that's why all my household goods are bought from reputable High Street shops so that I can always walk in there and complain if need be.

With the onset of the Internet and world wide trading it brings things to you that may never have been in your reach which is both good and in your case bad. I've recently (luckily) purchased a 2nd hand BigWig from a seller here in the UK with no problem and the cost was £77. I got what I paid for no problem but you have 'trusted' someone with much more money and been disappointed at what you received. I've also just bought some spare parts (C Parts) for my new BigWig and one of the knuckles is missing from the tree whereas it is clearly displayed in the listing. I've sent a message to the seller asking what he wants to do and so far no response. The tree part cost me £10 including postage to London so if he doesn't send me the missing part no problem I'll give bad feedback and go about my business.

I'd say for the most part Ebay will have good stories from buyers and sellers alike, but then there are always these horror stories that make us all sit up and take note, and we should ALL TAKE NOTE. :lol:

Be cautious about who you give your money to if you're not prepared to lose it and this is like gambling: "Never bet what you cannot afford to lose". Ebay is no different in this regard so I'm sorry to see that you haven't gotten what you thought you paid for, but as you said that which doesn't kill you will only make you stronger.

So, be strong, suck it up, build the kit (put some bling on it and put it in your showroom for all of us to see), enjoy it then at some point buy another NIB from someone from whom you can see the whites of their eyes as you give him/her your cash and they hand you over a big NIB Toyota Hilux. (This is how I bought a Durga, hard cash, whites of his eyes, smiles all round, no problem ;) ).

Kind regards

Azkuma :lol:

Thanks for your reply .

There are many valid points in your comment not the least that you learnt from your Dad's good advice .

Unfortunately I live in out in the country. My nearest town is 300 kilometres away return and the hobby shop there has a limited range the internet has been a godsend to my wife and I for the most part as we make 80% of our purchases online apart from food .So if I want to stay in this hobby (or infact any hobby) I will have to continue to shop online and that really goes for most items we purchase like I mentioned .

I have already purchased another Hilux but from Jason this time at least I know what I will get from him there are no suprises as I have purchased many items from him in the past .

As for the hilux I purchased from CTY300 I think it has found a new home in a trade with a TC member I will receive a kit I have been after and he will receive my hilux minus the box.

For the most part online shopping is good I must say I have had better results from online shops rather than ebay if I buy say something from a hardware shop online and it gets delievered and its broken or defective I simply return it and either get a replacement part or a refund and this applies to 96% of the online shops I buy from ,where as ebay is a different entity I have had quite a few bad experiences as ebay is like a electric bug lantern it attracts all types most get zapped but you get your insects like CTY300 who can ride it out by sitting on the outter cage .

Online shops are different they have a reputation to uphold and and they do it for a buisness,ebay lets anybody use and tarnish their name .

Anyways I have taken on board what you have said I value all comments .

Stuart.

Thanks for your reply .

There are many valid points in your comment not the least that you learnt from your Dad's good advice .

Unfortunately I live in out in the country. My nearest town is 300 kilometres away return and the hobby shop there has a limited range the internet has been a godsend to my wife and I for the most part as we make 80% of our purchases online apart from food .So if I want to stay in this hobby (or infact any hobby) I will have to continue to shop online and that really goes for most items we purchase like I mentioned .

I have already purchased another Hilux but from Jason this time at least I know what I will get from him there are no suprises as I have purchased many items from him in the past .

As for the hilux I purchased from CTY300 I think it has found a new home in a trade with a TC member I will receive a kit I have been after and he will receive my hilux minus the box.

For the most part online shopping is good I must say I have had better results from online shops rather than ebay if I buy say something from a hardware shop online and it gets delievered and its broken or defective I simply return it and either get a replacement part or a refund and this applies to 96% of the online shops I buy from ,where as ebay is a different entity I have had quite a few bad experiences as ebay is like a electric bug lantern it attracts all types most get zapped but you get your insects like CTY300 who can ride it out by sitting on the outter cage .

Online shops are different they have a reputation to uphold and and they do it for a buisness,ebay lets anybody use and tarnish their name .

Anyways I have taken on board what you have said I value all comments .

Stuart.

Yes you do live in the middle of nowhere but it sounds like you have already resolved your situation and for that I'm happy for you.

How many NIB kits do you have now at last count (if you can cound that many :lol:)?

Put up a pic in your showroom so we can all drool :lol:

Azkuma

Yes you do live in the middle of nowhere but it sounds like you have already resolved your situation and for that I'm happy for you.

How many NIB kits do you have now at last count (if you can cound that many :lol:)?

Put up a pic in your showroom so we can all drool :lol:

Azkuma

Not resolved yet I am still out of pocket US$409.00 .

As for kits I dont count them anymore I just re-arrange the shelves to accomidate more I will say I have 10 foot ceilings and they go all the way to the roof on most shelves but I am not a big collector compared to some on here my collection is modest.

My 27 year old son is coming for a visit tomorrow have not seen him in over a year I am sure he will count them and put them in numerical order for me :lol:

Stu, Ideally, it would almost be worth it to grab one of those cheap flights to Hong Kong and take it to him in person (dreaming i know), providing there was the senders address on the box and give him a piece of your mind..

What are you going to do with the Hilux? If I was in your situation I would build it and make it the best darn shelf queen of its type.

Just did a search in my mailbox as this seller's name seemed familiar. It turns out I bought my King Cab deals from him...no issues whatsoever, but now I feel as though I've dodged a bullet!

I'm very sorry to hear about this horrible situation, Stuart. I know how bad it feels, and I sure remember you helped me get things right by taking the formal eBay/Paypal steps. It worked for me, but probably because the Hong Kong based seller was not a corrupt as CTY300. The guy who sold you that Hilux kit has an eBay store open and many of TC members still can go through the same problem. There must be a way to spread the word, so we all can avoid sellers of this kind.

Again, I am sorry and hate things like things happening to good people. Sooner or later CTY300 will have it back. I think they call it karma.

I hope you get things right somehow, Stuart.

Oh, and have a great weekend!

EB

--

This just came to my attention after Crash Cramer posted a comment on one of my Showroom items, and referenced an issue Swarm had with the seller I mentioned.

I've bought a few things from this seller, and once bought an NIB bodykit from him that clearly showed a picture of the body with overspray film attached, but the one I actually received had no film on it. Made me wonder if it was legit or a repro?! I emailed him expressing my concern, as frankly when I buy ANYTHING online I expect it to be exactly what I saw in the pic and description!

His response:

Dear meakz1973,

Hi Paul, we get these in every now and then, and although some of the photos are not the very ones received, they are all brand new, with or without the film. Not all will come with the film. I guess I'll specify or have to re-edit the listing for future items. Sorry we just don't have the time to take pictures of every different set that comes in.

Thanks for your understanding in advance.

Regards

CTY300

Not a big deal in this instance, but certainly leaves room for error or disappointment in the transaction. I'm a super fussy buyer now.. not interested in someone twisting the truth. I had a proper bad case of this when I bought something on RCtech.net! Not overly proud of it, but I basically scared the seller into fixing his issue as I had his home address and was prepared to go round and sort it out in person... I got a full refund.

Put in a paypal claim for the entire amount including shipping.

Why let him have any amount, as he has mislead you with the auction, as its significantly not as described.

Go for everything and let paypal sort it out.

If he has done it before it will only help your case against him.

Do you use a credit card linked to your paypal account, can also try a charge back from your credit card provider as well.

Chris

i think i've come across this seller before , he seems to be a 'scammer' . Avoid him at all costs . Get a e-bay to give you a full refund and if you paided by pay pal contact them too . Good luck and let us all know how you get on .

ohhh, CTY300 is very great seller...very strange what happened :( ...

it happened twice with me with other sellers, but i got free items as an apologies...( this made me satisfied a lot ).....

cheers