Sign in to follow this  
rotor

Server Error On Same Chassis List

When I try to click on the link on the car page, that will list what other models use the same chassis as the one I am currently looking at,

tc1.jpg

I get the following error - "An error occurred on the server when processing the URL. Please contact the system administrator."

tc2.jpg

Is this a known issue at all ?

I was bored at work, so I decided to include pictures :o

Cheers

Chris

I get the same error.

...But then when I look at the chassis types list, I don't see the DT02 or DF03 on the list. There's also other chassis types missing, TA05 family, M05 family?

I do see other mistakes there, DT01 and DT-01. There is a difference? :o

This part of the site certainly needs attention.

I also get that error on any of the chassis' that I try.

Just tried a TT01E and had the same problem.

I am guessing its to do with the way that link formats its URL

tc3.JPG

That is what i see as the URL when i try to click on it.

Rather then

tc4.JPG

When you click on the chassis list from http://www.tamiyaclub.com/cars_chassis.asp

I also get that error on any of the chassis' that I try.

It's on the newer additions - I just tried 58326: JGSDF Light Armor... and that's ok.

It is a known issue, although I've no idea what's being done about it, sorry.

The whole database does have a feel of neglect sometimes I have to say.... :lol:

The whole database does have a feel of neglect sometimes I have to say.... :lol:

'Neglect' doesn't even properly describe the entropy that is Tamiya Club :D

I've offered to help dozens of times, but the lack of response indicates that my help was not wanted.

-S

'Neglect' doesn't even properly describe the entropy that is Tamiya Club :lol:

I've offered to help dozens of times, but the lack of response indicates that my help was not wanted.

-S

In the 3 years I have been here nothing has really moved on - I guess Netsmith has other priorities (but still happy to take our £15 every year) - shame if there are other people willing to help keep on top of things.

Just had a mail from Chris and this is going to be looked at this weekend if all goes to plan, but what is needed is the data that's missing.

Without this data, nothing will happen except for a bit of tidying up, so if you know what's missing AND what the answer is, please post it up.

There's absolutely no point in just listing problems, the answers are needed too.

I've started a new thread just for the information, http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=58129 please post relevant data there, and save this thread for discussion.

but what is needed is the data that's missing.

I'm not trying to be difficult but I'm not sure what you mean by that.

The information used to be there, the problem is that links aren't working.

I used to use the function quite a lot and would like to again. Up until about a year ago had no problems at all but it hasn't worked properly for a long time now.

As an example, any DT02 chassis car. That used to work - I know because it was how I found out about the DT02MS - but now it doesn't so the information must be there somewhere.

Are you saying you want members to post lists on the other thread? eg. DT02 - Desert Gator, Super Fighter G etc etc....

I'm not trying to be difficult but I'm not sure what you mean by that.

The information used to be there, the problem is that links aren't working.

I used to use the function quite a lot and would like to again. Up until about a year ago had no problems at all but it hasn't worked properly for a long time now.

As an example, any DT02 chassis car. That used to work - I know because it was how I found out about the DT02MS - but now it doesn't so the information must be there somewhere.

Are you saying you want members to post lists on the other thread? eg. DT02 - Desert Gator, Super Fighter G etc etc....

What I mean is "the information used to be there" is gonna be no help at all - if you know certain models are missing certain info, then please supply that info.

For instance, http://www.tamiyaclub.com/car.asp?id=208 cross refers on the chassis list, so it's pointless me looking at that one.

Without accurate reports of what doesn't work, nothing will get done.

Sorry if that sounds a bit blunt, but the database isn't going to be opened up unless Chris decides to do it, so unless the information gets supplied, I can't add it in.

Things like DT-01 and DT01 are great, that can be sorted quite fast, but sweeping statements like "the information used to be there" are not helping.

As for "any DT02 chassis car. That used to work" - there's no DT02 listed in the chassis database, so no idea how that worked.

I don't have the time to find all the faults on the database, but I'm quite happy to put them right once reported, but that's the only way this is gonna happen - without the missing data, nothing will get changed.

The thread for reporting issues and supplying answers is here; http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=58129 - If you want to list all the DT02 chassis cars, then it can be corrected.

What I mean is "the information used to be there" is gonna be no help at all - if you know certain models are missing certain info, then please supply that info.

For instance, http://www.tamiyaclub.com/car.asp?id=208 cross refers on the chassis list, so it's pointless me looking at that one.

Without accurate reports of what doesn't work, nothing will get done.

Sorry if that sounds a bit blunt, but the database isn't going to be opened up unless Chris decides to do it, so unless the information gets supplied, I can't add it in.

Things like DT-01 and DT01 are great, that can be sorted quite fast, but sweeping statements like "the information used to be there" are not helping.

As for "any DT02 chassis car. That used to work" - there's no DT02 listed in the chassis database, so no idea how that worked.

I don't have the time to find all the faults on the database, but I'm quite happy to put them right once reported, but that's the only way this is gonna happen - without the missing data, nothing will get changed.

The thread for reporting issues and supplying answers is here; http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=58129 - If you want to list all the DT02 chassis cars, then it can be corrected.

No need to apologise for your bluntness at all! It's what I deserve for being such a fool as to ask for clarification.

No idea how that works? I'll explain again. I am not talking about the chassis database - neither is the OP. I'm talking about the cross reference feature that the OP has illustrated with a screen cap. Click on 58344 Desert Gator and then click on Click here for car list. Thats is what is resulting in error messages. That feature used to work and now it doesn't, I (or we) would just like it to work again please.

No need to apologise for your bluntness at all! It's what I deserve for being such a fool as to ask for clarification.

No idea how that works? I'll explain again. I am not talking about the chassis database - neither is the OP. I'm talking about the cross reference feature that the OP has illustrated with a screen cap. Click on 58344 Desert Gator and then click on Click here for car list. Thats is what is resulting in error messages. That feature used to work and now it doesn't, I (or we) would just like it to work again please.

The chassis database and the cross referral of chassis types are tied in to each other - where do you think the cross reference data comes from?

When you Click here for car list you're looking at the chassis database when the results come up.

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/cars_chassis.asp

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/chassis.asp?id=92&desc=TT01

Originally there was simple text saying the Sand Scorcher used the same chassis as the Rough Rider and Ford Ranger, now there's a link to the page containing similar chassis - For the SRB chassis there wasn't much work to do, but for the TB and TA chassis, having the info on a central database made more sense as each chassis now only links to others the same, instead of a huge list of cars on the model frontpage for each model number.

The 'same chassis' text for a TT01, for instance, would be far too much to keep editing every time a new TT01 came out so the chassis database was brought in instead.

There's 22 TT01 models on the chassis screen at the moment - before the database was introduced, every time a new TT01 was brought out those 22 models would need the latest model adding to each of their front pages.

That's how come we're talking about the database.

For the feature to work again, we need to know what information is missing and what that information is, then repairs/updates can start.

Started repairing the dead links - any model that doesn't have the extra chassis info should now say TBA instead of having a dead link.

Thank you for the clarification, thats all I was asking for in the first place. I didn't know that the link went to the database page.

Now that you've explained further I can see that it would actually be an enormous job to keep that feature running smoothly all of the time.

Well done on the repairs so far though.