Will16

Kyosho Rs200

A few months ago I brought a Kyosho RS200 off eBay. I'd been waiting to get one for ages so I researched if it was any good and went and bought this one. It looked good on the internet, so after a 3 week wait, it arrived. It didnt have the oringinal wheels, but had the original tyres-1/10 scale Bridgestone Potenza's. It came with no bodyshell, but I had already got one. the engine wasn't standard, it is a OS Max helicopter engine, and the exhaust was held on to the engine with zip ties ;) ! It also had carbon fibre-look-alike sticker over every thing and they are peeling. At the moment i'm trying to get it to start and get a rear body mount. If anyone has any tips or hints, i'm happy to here them. Also i've just got a Peugeot 405 T16 shell so if anyone has any mounts for that, i'll buy them.

Thanks,

Will

Show some pics of what you've got to work with bud.

Most of the Scale Series were nicer than Tamiyas during the same period IMHO.

I tried to add pics but it wont let me ;) How do i add pics?

I tried to add pics but it wont let me ;) How do i add pics?

Use Google Picassa ? or some such free provider. Mentioned Google since I imagine it's reliable. I see a ton of Photobucket broken links all over TC...

Cheers,

ARG

Saw the pic's. Have you drained the tank and flushed it out to get rid of the nasty old fuel in there?

Cheers,

ARG

The bloke said the tank was completly drained out, but when i inspected further i noticed a bit in the bottom pipe connecting to the tank.

The bloke said the tank was completly drained out, but when i inspected further i noticed a bit in the bottom pipe connecting to the tank.

Clean out the btanks, replace the fuel pipes (sometimes they get gunked up too), check the carb, then follow instructions on setting up carb, or use std screw right in then 2.75 turns out, then adjust once its running.

cheers

Also if you or others reading use a glow start, watch that you don't do what my friend Shawn did and use a dry cell, the volt drop meant there was nowhere near enough glow from the plug and the engine wouldn't start. Soon as I told him to use an NiMH cell the engine started easily LOL.

Did you get it started yet?

Cheers,

Alistair G.

No, havent started it yet. Need to order a new Glow plug as i not sure about the one in it. Gonna clean it out now.

I brought some new wheels and tires off eBay. They are the Pug 405 wheels and tires and im well chuffed. I only got them for £12.50! Just fitted them with my bodyshell. Ignore the tire at the back as i have no 405 body mounts yet :)

Here is the link to the new pics- http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/105947018391...80/KyoshoRS200#

cheeRS

Will

Thoise wheels look to be OT-113 Turbo Optima Mid Se wheels, rather than OT-90 wheels, gett he oven cleaner on them and they will soon strip back to OT-90's ;-)

Thats a decent price for a set of wheels/tyres, you done well.

P.S. if you want proper rally tyres for it (Blocks) I have them in stock.

P.S. i may also have body mount set for PUG 405, if you let me know the parts number i can check for you.

Cheers

Thoise wheels look to be OT-113 Turbo Optima Mid Se wheels, rather than OT-90 wheels, gett he oven cleaner on them and they will soon strip back to OT-90's ;-)

Thats a decent price for a set of wheels/tyres, you done well.

P.S. if you want proper rally tyres for it (Blocks) I have them in stock.

P.S. i may also have body mount set for PUG 405, if you let me know the parts number i can check for you.

Cheers

Hi are you by any chance eBay seller=vintage kyosho because i gonna order a pug 405 accesory set-which included the front mount set. Also my eBay name is giddingss1980.

Oven cleaner on the wheels eh. i'll try that.

cheeRS

Will

Hi cool i've just orded the accesory set. Will probaly buy one of those repro decal sets. New crystals on the way as well as fuel.

cheeRS

Will

Hi cool i've just orded the accesory set. Will probaly buy one of those repro decal sets. New crystals on the way as well as fuel.

cheeRS

Will

Will get that in the post Monday for you, i have quite a few people waiting for those Pug 405 decals lol.

Cheers

yea somebody's gone to town with CF sticker... most will peel with oil & fuel

the engine wasn't standard, it is a OS Max helicopter engine, and the exhaust was held on to the engine with zip ties :lol: !

original engine is an OS10

no idea how you'd start that, the original OS10 had a pullstarter with a oneway bearing inside the crankcase.

If there was too much residual oil or afterrun oil in the crankcase it often wouldn't engage.

if the exhaust doesn't fit air-tight over the engine outlet you won't get any back pressure, tank won't get pressurised to push fuel out

= will make it very erratic to tune, if you can get it running regularly at all

OS10's throttle link included a 2ndary link to the lever in the exhaust manifold, controls a butterfly inside

which i believe closes the flap to increase backpressure at low throttle

Hi, i worked out how to started the engine. You need a starter box. Gunna order one asap.

cheeRS

Will

Hi forgot to add im trying to get a new screw set as i need 2 for the exhaust and a few more as some arnt original.

cheeRS

Will

Hi, just thought to tell you that im away from thursday to tuesday so cant answer any questions.

Thanks

Will

Hi all,

Got a original RS200 Nitro engine of eBay for £18! Comes with pull start, glow plug, carb and air filter! Post sum pics when it arrives,

cheeRS,

Will

Hi all,

Got a original RS200 Nitro engine of eBay for £18! Comes with pull start, glow plug, carb and air filter! Post sum pics when it arrives,

cheeRS,

Will

Hi Will,

I take it you had one of these as a child like me? I'd quite like to get one again purely for nostalgia reasons. Mine was SO unreliable it wasn't funny, and the engine in was was terrible, always over heating!!

Hi Will,

I take it you had one of these as a child like me? I'd quite like to get one again purely for nostalgia reasons. Mine was SO unreliable it wasn't funny, and the engine in was was terrible, always over heating!!

Hi,

Ive heard that the original OS .10 engine was unreliable so I might stick with the OS max helicopter engine its got in at the moment.

cheeRS

Will

Hi Will,

Did you make sure the front windscreen had a decent sized hole cut in it for cooling?

Cheers,

Alistair G.

Finally got the orginal engine in :D . Car hopfully running by the end of the week!

cheeRS

Will

Did you make sure the front windscreen had a decent sized hole cut in it for cooling?

Cheers,

Alistair G.

Yup the ENTIRE front windscreen was cut out and then I tried running it without the shell on!