Sign in to follow this  
Jacko Boy

Scorcher Advice

guys

I have crp shocks and various other coil springs ready to fit to my scorcher, front is easy and done. Back is fine untill you get round to removing the original spring. The rear arms are held in place by the spring and a brass collar, without the collar the arms do not work and the spring is part of the collar. So what is the solution for fitting the coil springs? cut the original spring from the brass collar.................or am I missing something totally....sorrry for being a bit thick! ;)

Yes you have to cut them from the brass collar as there is no way to bend them straight enough. there is a rare RCH hop up that eliminates those and gives you a brass collar with a bolt but good luck finding those

guys

I have crp shocks and various other coil springs ready to fit to my scorcher, front is easy and done. Back is fine untill you get round to removing the original spring. The rear arms are held in place by the spring and a brass collar, without the collar the arms do not work and the spring is part of the collar. So what is the solution for fitting the coil springs? cut the original spring from the brass collar.................or am I missing something totally....sorrry for being a bit thick! ;)

I took off and kept the original rods complete , got some brass rod , cut it to length and used that ;)

I took off and kept the original rods complete , got some brass rod , cut it to length and used that ;)

I was looking in JR-Rc store on ebay, replacements are only $6.90. I would just cut the torsion springs. You will find that once you have the coil overs you won't go back to the torsion springs

I cut the brass cylinders from the torsion bars and purchased a replacment set from Jason in case i ever want to go back to stock.