Sign in to follow this  
fatboyslim

What's The Scariest Thing That's Ever Happened To You?

well tonight after spending 10 days in hospital i'm finally home

I was rushed into hospital on the 7th

I had lost all use of my left arm and leg couldn't walk or stand up

suffice to say I was ******** myself I honestly thought 'this is it,game over' i thought i was going to die

I went for an ecg ,x-rays and a CAT scan and the diagnosis came back that i'd had a stroke

i'm much better now i have som use in my left arm , i can walk and stand ok

i've been told it will be a few months before i'm fully fit, but there's a chance i'll never be the same as before

Get well soon. Ja, that is a scary thing. I'm blessed that I'm in good health.

Think the scariest thing ever was when I was at about age 8 I got trapped behind a wall of fire. It was gaining on me and I was trapped against a fence. The wind shifted for a few seconds and I could get around it and out of harms way. Still fear fire most of all natural things to this day.

Again, get well soon.

Henk B)

hope you get better fast slim.

when i was a young lad, about 8-9, i fell into an ice cave.

i was stuck in there for a few hours before my dog (duke, a golden retriever and the best darn dog that ever lived) found me.

he couldn't get me out but he did go and find my father and brought him to me.

i have a few stories where that dog saved my life.

My sister had a stroke similar to what you describe.

I've always been rough and tumble riding BMX bikes and dirtbikes. In May I went down on my CBR 1000rr and broke my Clavicle and tore ligaments in my wrist. during my mountain bike racing stint I was helicopter airlifted twice to the hospital. the scond time was the worst. I tore my knee open and was laif up about two months. My doctor said I needed to keep the wound clean, if it got infected they would have to amputate. That was a huge wake up call for me. as painfull as it was, I scrubed that wound daily till it healed.

Fatboyslim, you've been given a second chance, use it wisely

Wish you speedy recovery.

These days if they caught it 'early and pumped you full of modern anti-clotting drugs, mini-strokes are recoverable with minimal lasting effects.

I hope you're righthanded or ambidextrous? B)

Heck we had a family friend who managed to lose his whole left arm... still didn't stop him driving (RHD) manual.

Wish you all the best for a full recovery. Do all the treatment and therapy my friend.

I had a few Scary moments but these two stand out:

Having a gun pointed at me after a fight insued.

My car accident in 1990. I thought I was going to die upon the moment before impact. I was injured but lucky that nothing serious got broke (besides my hand). Since that happened, I have always used my seatbelt.

87iroczcrashed.png

Hope you can recover fully and dont give up trying !

Falling out of a canoe and almost drowning was one of mine. Luckily my Dad was there to haul me out. Another was almost stepping out in front of a truck as it was going the wrong way down the main street. They were doing extensive maintenance to the road and well after 30 something years of looking the other way down the street it really did'nt occur to me to change my routine.

I hope everyone of you has recovered or will recover. For interest, did your life flashed before your mind and everything seems to be in slow motion or it happened so runexpected? My was in a car accident where my frend hit an ice patch before totalling the car, we looked at each other and time when in slow motion and my life flashed in front of me. That is not the scariest....The most scariest is when I almost dropped my newly rebuilt hilux off the table :o ... a tamiya die hard till the end....naaa the secariest is one morning I saw the back of head in the mirror...can you imagin if you see the front, of me, you probably turn into stone....

Wow. Strokes are bad but recoverable. I wish you the best for your recovery.

Stupidest thing, or at least one of the stupidest things, I've ever done was when I was a kid riding my BMX home from school. I was racing a friend who was on his 10 speed racer. Thanks to my powerful legs (back then :o) I overtook him about halfway down this long straight and started to leave him behind. I knew the end of the road was coming and that I needed to take a wide, low turn if I wanted to avoid ploughing into the houses I was rushing towards. I didn't think about any potential vehicles that might be coming up or down that adjoining road because the roads down there are usually quiet, such is the ignorance of youth, so I didn't slow down. I'd never taken it that speed so I took a wider arc than I usually would, I moved as far right as I could and started my left turn into the next road, leaning in like a pro as I'd done many times before. The inertia was noticably more so I leaned in more to compensate and my pedal hit the ground, dug in to the tarmac and sent me and my BMX flying. I landed and rolled until I hit my head on the curb. I sat up, laughing as I usually do when I suffer a case of stupidity, only to realise that I'd lost my sight. Yep. I couldn't see. That stopped me laughing. My friend arrived a few seconds later, screeching to a halt near where my bike had wedged itself under a car which, suprisingly, wasn't damaged in any way by the impact. It took a second or so more for him to find me. He asked me if I was ok. I told him I couldn't see and he started panicking. He noticed someone come out of a house or something because he got me stood up and led me over to someone else who was asking what had happened. I told the guy that I'd just lost my sight and that guy started panicking aswell! He invited us into his house, which I gracefully declined (I was brought up to know that kids shouldn't be talking to strangers, let alone go into their houses! :P ) before heading back to the curb where I sat down and waited. I told the guy, and my friend, not to worry and not to bother calling an ambulance. I don't know why but I really wasn't concerned. I just knew it was temporary. My vision stayed black for a few minutes before slowly returning, kinda like a shadowy veil that gets less heavy as time went on. Once my vision cleared up completely I thanked my friend and the stranger, who appeared to be a kindly looking middle aged fellow, for their concern, quickly checked my bike which my friend had pulled out from where it had been wedged, looked at the car that it had been wedged under (audibly amazed at the distinct absence of damage), looked at myself in it's wing mirror (audibly amazed at the similar absence of visible damage), and then we both rode back to mine where we played video games until he had to go home. Ah, the good old days... B)

Again, all the best for your recovery. May it be speedy and complete.

Hope you get well soon FBS.

Probably the scariest thing that happened to me was when i was about 15 and was electrocuted with a faulty soldering iron, i was trying to feel if it was warming up by placing my hand over it but inadvertantly touched it, it was live and my fingers instantly clenched around it, i can still remember the buzzing through my whole body for what seemed like an eternity as i frantically shook it off, still got the scars on my fingers now 25 years later.

Hope that you have a full recovery. The rehabilitation therapy can be hard but stick with it and the results will come.

The scariest thing that has happened to me was waking up in the emergency room of a hospital and thinking "This can't be good".

I don't really have any memory of the next twelve hours but I later found out that I had been hit by a car as a pedestrian.

I got off pretty lightly all things considered, lots of soft tissue damage, cuts an scrapes, glass embedded in my scalp, concussion, 16 teeth broken or knocked out, jaw broken in three places, leg broken at my knee and most of my knee ligaments/tendons torn in one leg.

It took 18 months to finish the rehabilitation programme but it was worth it as I can now function normally.

get well soon man.

probably my scariest is when i had a round explode on me in a machine gun. nothing like full auto then BOOM! and having something explode inches from your face.

Get well soon mate.

When I was 12 is was play on my bmx and the hill near my house. When all of a sudden my left crank arm snapped leaving a inch of razor sharp metal. This cut my leg to the bone and I didnt feel a thing. It wsnt until it went to predal did I realise that I had a big hole in my leg. I coasted back to my house and flung open the door. I yelled 'Call me an ambulance'.

I also biked across the A1. Scary.

for me was finding out that my missis was up the duff. other than that i been prety good at dodging danger and death apart from falling threw a garage roof and all i got from that was a smack across me ******* and grounded for 2 weeks.