jay-ta02

What Monster Truck To Get?

Im looking at purchasing a Monster Truck but im unsure of what, Ideally id like something that i can get hopups for maybe even a metal tubular chassis like others ove seen on the net. I would be going brushless with it and would be using it mainly on grass and gravel. Ive seen Lunchbox's clodbusters etc but unsre of what to get? Can anyone suggest anything?

Thanks

Get all of them, that's what I'm trying to do :lol:

It really depends on what exactly you want it for, if it's a stable all out race Monster truck and you are going to hop it up to the nines, then custom chassis stuff from the likes of New Era, Thunder Tech Racing, Crawford Engineering etc is the way to go.

how long is a piece of string ? what we may like , you may hate ? if you have google , go to google images and type in " rc monster truck " and sit back and look ! ..i like to get old busted up **** boxes and fix them up and modifiy the snot out of them .. some like to buy stock and are happy with that , some like crawlers or something to compete in eaces with , some like to relive their lost youth ( ahem ) ..it really what you like , so check put every bodies pics and have a go at what you recon you like .. you can alway change your mind .. have fun any way ..g

Can't go wrong with a txt-1. You might find a smoking hole where your wallet used to be if you go NIB, but it's the top tamiya electric truck. They can also be picked up cheaply on ebay if you're patient, just don't buy something that looks like it's been thrashed to death.

I'm selling a fantastic 80's Clod if anyone in the UK is interested? Ebay item number 320577944670 but be quick as there is less than a day to go! :lol:

Rich

I'm selling a fantastic 80's Clod if anyone in the UK is interested? Ebay item number 320577944670 but be quick as there is less than a day to go! :lol:

Rich

was just looking at that :wub:

iF BRUSHLESS AND GRASS/GRAVEL THEN maybe a 2wd truck with buggy heritage?

Something like the Bush devil/etc? older truck but proven performance and ability to run brushless, can be very quick and a strong box.

the VLB may be too 'bouncy' and when adding brushless you want some sort of ground control?

maybe a mad bull? a buggy with larger wheels and a good box?

dare i say it but does it have to be tamiya?, dont get me wrong i love my tamiya's, but for brushless abuse and upgradability it has to traxxas for me, my stampede has a ezrun 8.5t brushless setup in it and its great fun and almost un-breakable.

was just looking at that :wub:

Ah well if you bid and win you wont be disapointed with it trust me! I've spent over £260 on it getting hes working and looking fab! Thats why there are all the spare parts with lots still on sprue's still! :lol:

well after having a look around i stunbled across a cheap Midnight Pumpkin from ebay, its currently on its way to me. I would have loved a clodbuster but i just couldnt afford one at this time. Does anyone have any links to midnight pumpkin builds?

Thanks