Sign in to follow this  
gba888

Esc Recommendations

Hi Guys,

I've been using the TEU-101BK that comes with the re re kits. Well, I'm tired of my boomerang with a bz super stock motor constantly overheating. I think this motor is just too much for this controller. Can someone recommend an inexpensive ESC that will not give me overheating problems? Maybe something that will handle down to a 12 or 10 turn motor. I've blown so much money on rc stuff this summer it's not even funny, so I really need a cheap solution (even if it means looking for vintage novak stuff or whatever on ebay). Thanks for any help!

EDIT: after some searching I found that cheap and 10-12 turn is NOT realistic. I'm finding some duratrax and LRP models that support 18T and up...that would be fine, I still have no idea what to get though. Only need F/R... I don't even care about brake.

Check out the Mtroniks range of brushed ESCs. They are most capable and reasonably priced. A great feature is that they are fully waterproof.

Thanks for the links guys! I was considering brushless, but didn't know how well the gearbox would stand up to a brushless system. A 3300 motor messed up an rc10 6 gear transmission of mine pretty good. I pulled it out of my b4.1 and put it in the vintage gold pan.... it messed up an aluminum part of the spur gear assembly after only 2 runs. I'm a little leery to try one on an a tamiya gearbox because of that.

That's a good price though...I've seen the ezrun systems, but not these. I couldn't find much on the mtroniks...only a couple on ebay and 2 on google shopping. Has anyone put a 3300 motor in any tamiya cars and had good luck without breaking anything?

There are many people running brushless motors from 3000kv up to 6000kv in stock Tamiya cars without any issue. You should be fine with a 3000kv or 3300kv motor. Just make sure you replace the horrible Tamiya alloy pinion with a good steel one.

Hey Guys,

Thanks fro the posts! I'm following up on that brushless combo, but I was also wondering if anyone had thoughts on the following: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti00...=LXKYX5&P=7 I found a review from around 2006 or so that claimed it was a decent controller. Couldn't find much else though.

taffer: that looks good but I'm in the us. I'd like to try to get one from a us source to save time/money on shipping.