Sign in to follow this  
Dan DT-02

Holiday Buggy Upgrade

Just wanted to ask if the Holiday Buggy (2010) would be able to fit in a tamiya sport tuned motor. Also would the suspension from a Sand viper be compatible with it.

Thanks

Just wanted to ask if the Holiday Buggy (2010) would be able to fit in a tamiya sport tuned motor. Also would the suspension from a Sand viper be compatible with it.

Thanks

I don't know about the Sand Viper suspension, but you can fit any 540 sized motor in there - Tamiya say you need one of the card spacers (I guess to protect the gearbox from potential meltage) and a 17 tooth pinion. I'm not sure I recommend an upgrade to even a 540 silvercan unless you upgrade the shocks though :)

After seeing fellow member super gripper's dt-02 desert gator sustain upper arm breakages, I have always installed front and rear upper wishbone arms from the dt-02 super fighter g to all my dt-02's.

The new holiday buggy uses these as standard and for bashing I think they do a better job than adjustable upper links.

My nephew (kl79uk) has thrashed his sand viper with brushless over the last couple of years using these arms with no problems.

After seeing fellow member super gripper's dt-02 desert gator sustain upper arm breakages, I have always installed front and rear upper wishbone arms from the dt-02 super fighter g to all my dt-02's.

The new holiday buggy uses these as standard and for bashing I think they do a better job than adjustable upper links.

My nephew (kl79uk) has thrashed his sand viper with brushless over the last couple of years using these arms with no problems.

How on earth did they break one of those? My dt-02 is so close to bulletproof that I'm almost afraid to use anything else...

Here's a video of my HB 2010 with sport tuned

, it works really great!

Darn it´s fast. It looked like it almost wheelied when you floored it. And only a Sporttuned!!!

DT-02 is one fun Chassis. My son Neo gives his Neo Falcon a beating and hasn't broken anything yet. Had one decent roll over but that was on a beach. Those shocks sure just needs to be replaced with CVA's so it stops the bouncing about when you run it. I so like the DT-02 that I pre ordered one of the 6, HB 2010 that our SA suppliers is bringing in. I'll add that to my Desert Gator and Neo's Neo Falcon to make it 3 DT-02's in our line-up.

I don't think you would be wrong in going brushless with the chassis. As long as you throttle steer, they are a blast to run!

Henk :)

DT-02 is one fun Chassis. My son Neo gives his Neo Falcon a beating and hasn't broken anything yet. Had one decent roll over but that was on a beach. Those shocks sure just needs to be replaced with CVA's so it stops the bouncing about when you run it. I so like the DT-02 that I pre ordered one of the 6, HB 2010 that our SA suppliers is bringing in. I'll add that to my Desert Gator and Neo's Neo Falcon to make it 3 DT-02's in our line-up.

I don't think you would be wrong in going brushless with the chassis. As long as you throttle steer, they are a blast to run!

Henk :rolleyes:

I think the pogos will make it more fun to drive. I'm keeping mine installed as I think it will give it character. (I will fit bearings and a 12t brushless though) this will only ever be for bashing so why would I want it to be dialed ?;)

Here's a video of my HB 2010 with sport tuned

, it works really great!

nice vid

the car looks great!

Thx for the comments on the video. Indeed, it wheelies pretty easily especially when the ground has grip :rolleyes:

I don't know about the Sand Viper suspension, but you can fit any 540 sized motor in there - Tamiya say you need one of the card spacers (I guess to protect the gearbox from potential meltage) and a 17 tooth pinion. I'm not sure I recommend an upgrade to even a 540 silvercan unless you upgrade the shocks though :rolleyes:

Thanks all for your reply's. Have just received my sport tuned and 3racing aluminium shocks. works a treat.

I think the pogos will make it more fun to drive. I'm keeping mine installed as I think it will give it character. (I will fit bearings and a 12t brushless though) this will only ever be for bashing so why would I want it to be dialed ?;)

My son's one friend has the XB Sand Viper with the same blue pogos and he has a sport tuned in it. It doesn't handle to badly but it does tend to flip tail over head when it hits a jump at the wrong speed. I'll probably first run mine like that too when it arrives.

Henk :rolleyes:

I have a question. Is the Holiday Buggy body "unpaintable?" Everyone has left theirs body color plastic?

Just curious, as I read somewhere the plastic was weird or something...

Cheers!

I have a question. Is the Holiday Buggy body "unpaintable?" Everyone has left theirs body color plastic?

Just curious, as I read somewhere the plastic was weird or something...

Cheers!

The body is made of polyethylene. Very flexible and durable, but with a surface similar to teflon.. Paint will not stick to it normally, it will simply crack and flake off..

There are some paints that grip onto polyethylene after it is treated (meaning sanded and heated).. One member painted it by treating the plastic, laying down a coat of automobile bumper primer and then painting it normally..