Sign in to follow this  
Jonny Retro

Another Impulse Buy ...

In some ways, eBay is great - for most people, it's a way of bringing unwanted items to the attention of a much wider audience than used to be the case when you had to put a card up in the post office, or put an ad in a local or regional rag. A while back, I did see a report that reckoned eBay had made everyone potentially £3,000 richer, by doing just that.

Negatives ... well, there are enough threads about that - but I'm not sure anyone has touched on just how easy it can be to buy things you really don't need...

With something on a "buy it now", it's what? 2 clicks, enter a password, another click ... and your up another car, down several more tenners.

Take just now for example, there I was, minding my own business, just trolling the newly listed BINs in the Radio-Controlled > Cars section, (see? not my fault at all :D ) when a listing leapt out at me - it had the magic words "RC10" and "rare" in it, a pretty low price of £45 posted, and a picture that showed a red roll cage (like out of Stunt Car Racer on the Amiga/ST back in the day). Like I said, completely not my fault :)

The result? My internal monolgue was something like "Ooh! Ooh! A bargain! Must have! Must have! Hope no-one else get in there first! come on! dang this slow connection ... yes! get in!" ... then it's "ahh ... perhaps I better go back and actually _read_ the description" :)

Look for "very rare rc10 ascot sprint car" in completed listings if you're interested ...

Now, does anyone have a spare driveshaft? :)

Weve all been there! I´ve been on a real streak on the Bay lately, been a couple of years though.

i hear ya jonny. i've been really bad lately.

i think i dropped a grand in the past month or so on the bay.

one car and tons of parts.