Sign in to follow this  
camaroz

Monster Beetle

sorry but im new to this forum stuff. i want to know if they are going to redo the monster beetle like the did with the frog and sand scorcher. somtimes i see them up on ebay nib for $700.00.

There is no sign of a rere comming up. But you never know. I say buy a used one on ebay. They are affordable.

I say if you want a monster beetle don't wait for it to be re-released cause you might be waiting forever. Tamiya don't announce there plans of what to re-release until it comes.

One thing you might also consider doing, particularly if you plan to run it is get yourself a King Blackfoot or Bush Devil chassis, and a Blitzer Beetle shell, and make an MB out of that. Sure it's not the original, but 1) it's a **** site cheaper, and 2) a **** sight more durable.

I had an original MB (it was my very first model back when I was 17) and got so frustrated with the MB's terrible gearbox, that I ended up doing pretty much that (except of course I already had the original shell). Stuffed an 8.5T Brushless motor and a wheelie bar on and never looked back :)

DSC_0256-1.jpg

I have to say that I love MBs the most. I ended up getting one off ebay second hand due to waiting forever in the vein hope that Tamiya would release one. Apparently they have issues over licensing the actual bodyshell so I've been told so I guess its a no go until such time as that changes, if at all??

I've heard that question raised about licensing and the MB shell, but surely given it's almost exactly same as the re-re Scorcher, that point is moot?

Also, think about the number of companies that have released beetle shells. Proline have two, Kamtec have one, although I wonder given that they're marketed as "Baja's based on a VW Beetle" whether that's a licensing loop hole?

Personally I think the MB not being re-re'd just yet is more down to Tamiya wanting to just feed us bits and pieces gradually, and more popular models being re-re'd first. I think we'll get a re-re MB sooner or later.

One thing you might also consider doing, particularly if you plan to run it is get yourself a King Blackfoot or Bush Devil chassis, and a Blitzer Beetle shell, and make an MB out of that. Sure it's not the original, but 1) it's a **** site cheaper, and 2) a **** sight more durable.

I had an original MB (it was my very first model back when I was 17) and got so frustrated with the MB's terrible gearbox, that I ended up doing pretty much that (except of course I already had the original shell). Stuffed an 8.5T Brushless motor and a wheelie bar on and never looked back :P

DSC_0256-1.jpg

i was 12 or 13 when i got mine i did not even want that one until my dad picked it out for him self. i saw the box i said i want that too.i also bought a modified moter that day it could not handle it so my dad took me back and got a thorp set up for the trans. i still have my first one and i did by a second one off of ebay 10,15 years ago. its not 100% complete.i lost the fever after that stuck them in my closet lost my job so i got them out to sell them now i cant cause the fever is back . . my dad is real sick so im trying to get his too but he is telling me no i dont understand why nobody else in the family like rc cars just me and him...i forgot to say i had my heart set on the bruiser until i saw what my dad was getting lol

i was 12 or 13 when i got mine i did not even want that one until my dad picked it out for him self. i saw the box i said i want that too.i also bought a modified moter that day it could not handle it so my dad took me back and got a thorp set up for the trans. i still have my first one and i did by a second one off of ebay 10,15 years ago. its not 100% complete.i lost the fever after that stuck them in my closet lost my job so i got them out to sell them now i cant cause the fever is back . . my dad is real sick so im trying to get his too but he is telling me no i dont understand why nobody else in the family like rc cars just me and him...i forgot to say i had my heart set on the bruiser until i saw what my dad was getting lol

[/quot

i also bought a stadium blitzer years ago they were out of blitzer beetles. i got some of the parts to change it over to a blitzer beetle. all i need is one of them nib body kits for the monster beetle. thinking maybe i can get some one to trade me one of those for my stadium blitzer and all the parts