SRB Bloke

Srb Radio Box, Any One Tried Dying One...?

Hi everyone,

I'm working on a new project (not finished the last one yet, theres a surprise).

I want the radio box black, I've seen many painted but thought maybe on a runner solid black would be better, if possible.

I've never tried dying plastic, seen it on youtube and TC member Connor recently did his slash chassis'. But I'm unsure if the type of plastic makes a difference..?

If you've tried or got any tips let me know.

cheers

Steve

Hi everyone,

I'm working on a new project (not finished the last one yet, theres a surprise).

I want the radio box black, I've seen many painted but thought maybe on a runner solid black would be better, if possible.

I've never tried dying plastic, seen it on youtube and TC member Connor recently did his slash chassis'. But I'm unsure if the type of plastic makes a difference..?

If you've tried or got any tips let me know.

cheers

Steve

Guess, I need to keep an eye on this thread...

;)

You can dye Nylon based plastics, but the radio box is a Styrene type plastic and can't be dyed.

Paul.

You can dye Nylon based plastics, but the radio box is a Styrene type plastic and can't be dyed.

Paul.

You see thats why this site is great, someone always has the answer. Thanks Paul, although I'm gutted now,

I'll have to get in the trade room and ask if someones got a black kamtech one floating around...

NP ;)

Any chance you would like a chrome one? Failing that, painting inside with most plastic paints will produce a very nice glossy finish and painting outside with a matt paint will produce a nice solid finish. I made some chrome ones last year, but I don't have any left at the moment.

Paul.

NP ;)

Any chance you would like a chrome one? Failing that, painting inside with most plastic paints will produce a very nice glossy finish and painting outside with a matt paint will produce a nice solid finish. I made some chrome ones last year, but I don't have any left at the moment.

Paul.

Blacks what I need, think it will have to be painted on the outside....

thanks again Paul, you've saved me hours of trying to dye one of these...

Steve

you could paint it on the inside with PS5 Black then also on the outside with black + PS Matt Clear ... be less vulnerable to wear then

somebody did make a lexan version? or has demand vanished since the re-res appeared