MAD RACER

Nylon Rear Wing. They Use To Make Them.

I don't know about you but im sick of the flimsy lexan wings we get now. I can rememmber you use to buy the wings in durable nylon. ( 8th scale all have them)..

They are far better and tougher than lexan. I think Kimbrough use to make them too. I think the big players saw it as a expense we all need to buy if made out of lexan.

I have got 2 new ones from Academy of their GV2 that fits my Boomerang perfect but have not seen any others apart from Duatrax with the Vendeta 1/18th which is only 10cm long abot 3 cm too short.

Any thoughts on this /

Thanks.

Mark.

You can still buy them!

http://cgi.ebay.com/3-Racing-160mm-PP-Side...=item2308397955

I've tried them. And they are super tough, practically impossible to break. BUT! Since they hardly flex what happens is that you either bend or break your wing mounts. Mine even split where the clips go...

So all in all I recommend to stick with the lexan wings! They are also much lighter and hence lower COG = better performance

There's always the Dirt Burners steel wing as well! ;)

You'd be surprised just how useful a crumple zone a lexan wing can be ... I took my brushless Durga to Goshen Off Road track (near Bury) one day in the summer, sporting an experimental wing I had made. My first "off" finished the experimental wing and bent my pretty aluminium wing mounts, my second "off" and a number of further indiscretions rearranged my mostly aluminium Durga to an alarming degree. Now, I know driving without a wing is asking for trouble, but I hadn't considered just how much punishment a lexan wing can soak up and the amount of energy it can direct away from the rest of the car ... :lol:

ballistic buggy used to make them back in the early 90's, i know for a fact that bury model car club has got a box full of them,i think they just went out of fashion which is a shame because ive got a couple on my rc10's and they are indestructable..