Singleseven

Vintage Vs. Re-re Wheels & Tyres For Hornet

By the way, I enjoyed your article on the RC Memories. 

With regards to the Frog images, your article shows the CVDs in the Re-Re....that is a mistake.  Both my 2005 ReRe Japan, and 2019 ReRe Philippines have Dog Bones (not the CVD....that was offered as an option)

So far, I've found that the spacing on the front suspension stays is slightly different compared to the ReRe.....one is slightly narrower.  I will measure and post (when I get around to it)

Also, I've noticed the rear arm stays, they are cut (stamped) from a different direction on the original, compared to the Re.  Again, will update more later.  :)

• Like 2

Just received a batch of new Spiked Rear Tires.  This latest batch (plus the 2 set of tires in my 2019 re-re Hornet and Frog) have unevenly molded rear tires....one sidewall is significantly thicker and stiffer, than the other side.  From 2 dozen pairs, most of them show this un-equal molding.  (Only A few, seem to be normal).

On 13 February 2020 at 9:06 AM, Ernie^s BadAss Airplane Co said:

Just received a batch of new Spiked Rear Tires.  This latest batch (plus the 2 set of tires in my 2019 re-re Hornet and Frog) have unevenly molded rear tires....one sidewall is significantly thicker and stiffer, than the other side.  From 2 dozen pairs, most of them show this un-equal molding.  (Only A few, seem to be normal).

QC has left the building huh.

Or is that a "handling feature" :)