Sign in to follow this  
tamiya monkey

Lipo Low Voltage Cut-off's

was looking at low voltage cut-off's, i have a few of those cheapo low voltage lipo alarms, but not willing to shell out on the novak one, im a bit tight lol, then i came across these, there available on ebay, although only for 2cell lipo's which is fine for me.

anyone used them or even heard of them, there cheap enough and i have a few of there brushless set's and find them reliable.

well ive gone and ordered 2, so will be able to give a everyone a verdict on them real soon.

Have you got it yet? Does it really work? Please let us know.....!

+1 waiting to hear how it works.

i use an alarm and would much rather use an affordable cut off.

hi guys, they've yet to hit my door matt, i will let you know the minute ive tested them.

.......well, Mr. Tamiya Monkey, got it yet?

I have ordered one of these hope it works. a lipobattery alarm made from hobbypartz.

Sorry guys i had forgot all about starting this thread, the hobbywing lipo protectors work perfect, there pretty small too.

im ordering a couple for for about £8 each there a real bargain.

So are they just plug and play and turn off when batery voltage is to low.

the only thig you need to do is adjust the cut-off limit, takes a few seconds and thats it.

How to determine what voltage to adjust.

How to determine what voltage to adjust.

The usual votage cutoffs are:

Ni-Cd/Ni-MH: 0.9v per cell. 5.4v cutoff on a 6s 7.2v pack.

Li-Po: 3.0v per cell. 6.0v cutoff on a 2s 7.4v pack, 9.0v cutoff on a 3s 11.1v pack.

LiFE: 2.5v per cell. 5.0v on a 6.6v 2s pack.

Awesome thanks I know the voltage to set. I just got my Lipo today no more old stuff for me. YEA, What a difference.

These look really good. I use Hobbywing stuff already and I'm very impressed for the price they charge. I need some cut-offs for my older brushed ESCs so these look like the ones to go for. Damned clever idea too using the Balance Tap to read the voltage, it saves the balance plug getting filled with crud too :)

Just out of interest, what Balance Tap type is that socket, it looks like JST/XH to me but I can never quite remember there are so many different types :\

These look really good. I use Hobbywing stuff already and I'm very impressed for the price they charge. I need some cut-offs for my older brushed ESCs so these look like the ones to go for. Damned clever idea too using the Balance Tap to read the voltage, it saves the balance plug getting filled with crud too :)

Just out of interest, what Balance Tap type is that socket, it looks like JST/XH to me but I can never quite remember there are so many different types :\

Its the balance port plug. I think its jst.

*facepalm*

Yes I know both those things - it's *what type* of a balance port it is. There are at least 6 types and probably more, of which I have batteries with 3 different types between them. I read the manual, it doesn't tell you what type of balance port it is only that it is a balance plug port.

I took a second look and I'm pretty sure it's a JST/XH type port, and matches what HPI and Turnigy/Zippy uses. They aren't the right type for TrakPower (they use JST/EH) or Hyperion or A123 (they both use Hyperion type). You can buy adapter cables though for a few quid, so it's not major loss. It's a lot better than blowing your LiPo by running it down too far.

I got one of these too and tested it a while ago on my df02 using a teu101bk, futaba radio and receiver, towardpro mg996 servo and 2s lipo. It glitched very badly specially in reverse, then would just totally stop after a while. My lipo was fully charged.

Any thoughts on why this could be happening?

Thanks.