mongoose1983

Vintage Japanese Mazda Rx-7

Hey everyone,

This morning I got to see a very interesting RC car from the late 70's. It is a hardbodied Mazda RX-7 RC model that looks very much like the legendary Fujimi model. Unfortunately I did not have a piece of paper to write the brand of it :angry: All I know is that it is a Japanese RC model, a small one, probably 1:12 scale. I wonder if any of you guys know anything about such car? Please share some info about it if you can.

You all have a great Sunday! :angry:

Hey everyone,

This morning I got to see a very interesting RC car from the late 70's. It is a hardbodied Mazda RX-7 RC model that looks very much like the legendary Fujimi model. Unfortunately I did not have a piece of paper to write the brand of it :angry: All I know is that it is a Japanese RC model, a small one, probably 1:12 scale. I wonder if any of you guys know anything about such car? Please share some info about it if you can.

You all have a great Sunday! :angry:

EB

--

Here is a members Fujimi RX7 http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.a...80&sid=2193

Thanks, Kalsh.

Looks a lot like that Fujimi, but the one I saw has a green fiberglass chassis plate.

Been searching the net, but there is not a trace of that Mazda RX-7.

There's been a RX-7 from Nichimo.Same series that has the Pantera,Corvette,BMW M1 and some more...Was in 1:12,green lexan body(the colours to paint the body were included in the kit).Released in the early 80's

I recently saw one of these offered on ebay...If you look for info:it's called Savanna RX-7(which was it's name outside europe)

Cheers

Mike

There's been a RX-7 from Nichimo.Same series that has the Pantera,Corvette,BMW M1 and some more...Was in 1:12,green lexan body(the colours to paint the body were included in the kit).Released in the early 80's

I recently saw one of these offered on ebay...If you look for info:it's called Savanna RX-7(which was it's name outside europe)

Cheers

Mike

Thanks, Mike. No, it was not the Nichimo. The brand sounded a bit like Ishimasa, but there is not any info available anywhere ;)

As well as the Fujimi shown in the link above - I have one made by Daishin. It looks almost identical but has a hard body, and yes, I think it is 1/12 scale. Can't remember what the chassis looks like, I'll have to find it and have a look.

As well as the Fujimi shown in the link above - I have one made by Daishin. It looks almost identical but has a hard body, and yes, I think it is 1/12 scale. Can't remember what the chassis looks like, I'll have to find it and have a look.
Thank you, Don -that's exactly the model I was looking for! :) Here's a link to the Daishin Mazda RX-7

Have a great Wednesday!!!