Sign in to follow this  
Hcp22

Kyosho 240s Motor Tuned By Trinity

Hi

I did a little find on eBay, a Kyosho 240S motor tuned by Trinity! Is there any one out there that knows anything about this motor? :angry:

BR

Lars

Trinity.jpg

post-33476-1284472294_thumb.jpg

I do know that in the begining Trinity used Kyosho cans for their Modifieds. I think its a different wind to the 240S but not sure. Very big $$$ in its day. Around $160 AU same as Ready. He used Yokomo cans though. A Kyosho was around $70 to $80 for the Le Mans version.

I think Trinity ended up buying the Kyosho motor factory arm and renamed it Epic. Ernie Poverity ----- corperation.

Thats how it all began.

Would like morew info too if anyone else knows better.

I know I am many years late responding to this thread, but I hope you check back from time to time and see my response. I do know about that particular motor, I have several of them. Back in they day it was (IMHO) one of the best motors you could get and I have always loved the Trinity Monster Horsepower motors, especially the ones with the anodized aluminum endbell AND shaft end of the can. They were built off the Kyosho LeMans 240s configuration. The model #2002 was a sprint motor, it was 15 Turn and ran at an astounding (for the time) 41,000 rpm. They were certainly not the best choice if you were looking for battery life, but they could make your car scream. I have the #2002 "Sprint" and the #2004 "Pure Gold" (18 Turn, 37,000 rpm), I got them back in the late 80's to early 90's and with proper maintenence and up-keep, they are both still running strong. I hope this helps you out, if you see it.

I think the 'Kyosho Modified' part relates to the motor can design, rather than to any actual affiliation with Kyosho. The Kyosho motor design has a different pattern of holes at the 'pinion' end of the can and a different end bell arrangement to the Yokomo can and others. Parma at one point used to make several varieties of their 27T 'stock' motors, including the K-Stock based on the Kyosho can, the Yokomo Stock based on the Yokomo can and the Cyclone Stock which I think was based on Parma's own can design.