Sign in to follow this  
candre23

Difference Between Tt01 Versions?

Both my tamiya cars were purchased used/assembled. Thinking about doing one from scratch, and everybody says you can't go wrong with a TT01. There are a bunch of different versions (D, E, ES, R, etc). What are the differences between these versions?

R = racing [racing slicks, bearings, oil shocks, and I believe this one comes as a chassis without body{?}]

D = drift [drift tires, bearings, oil shocks]

E = enhanced [new motor cover, top deck, perhaps improved steering design, and some "redesigned" parts]

ES = ??

Regular TT-01 usually has radial (realistic tread pattern, lousy grip, poor wear) tires, plastic bushings, and pogo sticks instead of oil shocks.

There may be other differences, but essentially the letter designations are higher spec cars. I think they also have adjustable turnbuckles and steering links, etc.

No expert here, but I think that gives you a place to begin. Hope that helps.

TT01: base chassis for all TT01 variants, non adjustable, plastic everything, includes esc, some kits have body shells with light unit.

for the other versions its simply a TT01 plus added hop ups already contained in the kit

TT01D: oil shocks, sport tuned motor, alum motor heatsink, adjustable front and rear upper arms, drift tires, has body shell and light unit, can use stab link set hop up, can adjust ride height

TT01R: oil shocks, GT tuned motor, alum prop shaft, turn buckle tie rods, some blue screws, adjustable front and rear upper arms, 24mm rims and tires, no ESC, no body shell, can use stab link set hop up, can adjust ride height

TT01 type E: exactly the same as TT01 but with enhance A and D parts, which are parts concerning steering, front uprights, and stays.

TT01D type E: oil shocks, sport tuned motor, alum motor heatsink, adjustable front and rear upper arms, drift tires, has body shell and light unit, can use stab link set hop up, can adjust ride height

TT01R type E: oil shocks, lightly tuned motor, alum prop shaft, turn buckle tie rods, some blue screws, adjustable front and rear upper arms, 24mm rims and tires, no ESC, no body shell can use stab link set hop up, can adjust ride height

overall value for money: TT01D type E plus street tires if you plan don't plan to drift

rc for cheapskates: TT01

tuners: TT01R type E

overall value for money: TT01D type E plus street tires if you plan don't plan to drift

Thanks, that sounds like what I want to go with.

TT-01 Type ES: This is also known as the TT-01E Sport. This kit is only sold as a RTR package and uses cheaper plastic in order to bring the costs down. Example:

57763 - RTR Mazda RX-7 TT01 MSRP: $349.00

46601 - RTR Mazda RX-7 TT01 Type ES MSRP: $246.00

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/item.php?product-id=57763

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/item.php?product-id=46601

"rc for cheapskates: TT01 "

:lol:

I had the same chuckle about that one. At least it leaves us die hard TL01 owners to laugh at someone else for a change.

Henk :lol:

I had the same chuckle about that one. At least it leaves us die hard TL01 owners to laugh at someone else for a change.

Henk :)

So true, you guys don't get much love here either.

Actually, I've got a few of each, and they are cheap and cheerful runners. I banged a hot motor and set of drift tires on the TL01 and have a blast with it.

I flog the Molly out of the TT-01 and have no complaints. They both handle exactly the way I'd expect for parking lot bashers, and best of all ...

THEY'RE CHEAP AS CHIPS. :lol:

-cheapskate in Montana

don't get me wrong, i'm a cheapskate myself and i have 5 tt01 based cars and none of the high end kits :lol:

not into racing, i just like keeping my finished bodies on top of a proper running chassis. for the price of one TRF416, i can buy 5 tt01 kits here in the PI, perfect for my purpose :)

I now and again venture onto a SA based site oneten.co.za and they would make you believe a TT is "the chassis" for building a decent drift car. Only chassis cheaper to get here at the mo', are a rere Holiday buggy!!! Even the TL01 based bashers like the Stadium Raider is costing more. :unsure:

Go figure!!

Henk :P

another cheapskate....in Hoedspruit